Queen’s Park 21/22

18 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Just catching up on the Companies House paperwork from the last AGM……

Other documents below these were date stamped by Companies House and processed in a few days, during the pandemic. It took the club 9 months to submit very basic notifications electronically. It’s just another indicator that either incredible levels of incompetence are the norm or key information is being withheld ad absurdum.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Other documents below these were date stamped by Companies House and processed in a few days, during the pandemic. It took the club 9 months to submit very basic notifications electronically. It’s just another indicator that either incredible levels of incompetence are the norm or key information is being withheld ad absurdum.

I may be naive but I would never underestimate the club’s incredible levels of incompetence.

On 05/07/2021 at 14:53, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Requires 5% of Members with a requisition in writing. Committee have 21 days to convene an EGM from there. First challenge is to figure out how many members there are.

Again though I’d go back to how quick, and with great willingness, the Committee created time and space for regular ad-hoc meetings to discuss the changes to the Club’s MO back in late 2019. What could possibly be so awful that they don’t want to share with the fans? I recall Gerry at the initial meeting opening his arms to everyone with his “all in it together speech”. 

image.gif.030f6a214254e7597f3e0c50d57faaa5.gif

I stopped being a member a few years ago because of various decisions the Committee had made over the years. Being now 85 years I have saved money with my oap season ticket since then. In all my years as a member I think the average membership was about 190 So even if you young turks want to call an EGM all you  need is 10 members to call one. As old and ancient as I am I think I have got the maths right in this.

With all this talk of off the field matters, we have a game on Saturday and it still feels like we are several players short.

Been all quiet over the last week or so in terms of new players coming in and we only had one senior outfield player on the bench against a Raith 

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The club have got one thing right in their communications anyway - purposefully alienating your core support is nothing if not 'innovative'.

It’s why I’m pondering if this President is useless or perhaps being coached by others to step away from the fan base. Let’s say you were a multi millionaire global entrepreneur who enjoys a free seat in Government. You’d hardly be likely to mingle with riff-raff in the portakabin up at Cove, for example. Or say you were experienced at running Premiership teams, for example Hibs, you’d hardly be likely to pop in for a pint at the social club on your way to your seat. Maybe it’s chit-chat with these types that’s inflated importance in the minds of some. 

Whatever the reason, it’s not what we voted for.

Whilst frustrated with the lack of communication with us, the members/ STH; the core support; the overall direction of travel does excite me. The promotion last year, the recruitment ahead of this season both on and off the field, the Ladies team, the U18's success and the Community Summer programmes for the school kids.

All I ask is to be treated an adult; share the bad news about the re-development of Lesser, the task of securing a "home" ground for this season and when we might be able to buy tickets. 

Anyways, a run of victories and top of the league by the next International-break and all this will be forgotten about. 

19 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s why I’m pondering if this President is useless or perhaps being coached by others to step away from the fan base. Let’s say you were a multi millionaire global entrepreneur who enjoys a free seat in Government. You’d hardly be likely to mingle with riff-raff in the portakabin up at Cove, for example. Or say you were experienced at running Premiership teams, for example Hibs, you’d hardly be likely to pop in for a pint at the social club on your way to your seat. Maybe it’s chit-chat with these types that’s inflated importance in the minds of some. 

Whatever the reason, it’s not what we voted for.

What did you vote? 

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

Anyways, a run of victories and top of the league by the next International-break and all this will be forgotten about. 

This won’t be the case if there is no display of transparency or respect coming from those in charge.

They can fix this issue so easily if they have the will to do it. It’s hard to arrive at any other conclusion than them not wanting to, though. 

So, one week to go til our first home game of the season and still  f**k all public communication with our supporters via our website, Facebook or twitter on arrangements for the game and how to purchase tickets.

An exclusive email to members doesn't cut it I'm afraid ( and last season's members and season ticket holders are still waiting for that follow up email / letter so we can actually buy the tickets mentioned in that email)

If it wasn't for members sharing that info on here then everyone would be completely in the dark

Not to mention quite a number of our hardcore support chose not to buy season tickets last season for obvious reason but instead paid for the streaming on a week by week basis. So we're actually choosing to lock out faithful fans for the two home league cup matches.

I trust that when we are allowed more in for the first home league game  on August 7 - the traditional flag day for champions- all our support will get in to see that. Seeing as the target of Level 0 will allow a minimum of 2,000 fans. And if the same social distancing rules apply, will they refuse to open another stand to cater for more than the current 400 they are claiming can only fit in the Jackie Husband?

Jackie Brambles, more like! 

Edited by Mick1867

5 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

What did you vote? 

Professional players. That was the only change in the Articles. During the various episodes of the Gerry and Dave Roadshow questions were asked by several members, including me, about how it might all play out. None of this circus was even mentioned or thought of. Things have shifted enormously since Haughey became involved. Does anyone seriously believe that bringing in Leeann Dempster could have been arranged, or even thought of, by our committee. I also recall three separate president’s saying the club was “run with conservative, with a small c, decision making”.  Tapping Dempster is bold and audacious. The kind of thinking an entrepreneur on a mission might throw up. Not a bunch of guys in poorly cut suits.

Who’s really running Queen’s Park?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

In principle, I’m fine with Haughey, I’m fine with Dempster and I’m fine with full-time football and the wider idea of growing the club in a meaningful sense within the community. I voted to go pro knowing that anything or anyone could end up at the helm. The alternative was much, much worse. 

My expectation was that we would do the off-field basics without breaking sweat. Never mind breaking sweat, we’ve actually fallen asleep and pished ourselves. It’s been embarrassing and it has to change. I’m still hopeful enough that it will when they can no longer hide. They have torched an awful lot of goodwill and have very little of it left in the bank. They can very easily start to repair this by communicating, with some honesty and humility, and doing it soon.

11 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The club have got one thing right in their communications anyway - purposefully alienating your core support is nothing if not 'innovative'.

Not innovative at all, Falkirk have been doing it for years.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Professional players. That was the only change in the Articles. During the various episodes of the Gerry and Dave Roadshow questions were asked by several members, including me, about how it might all play out. None of this circus was even mentioned or thought of. Things have shifted enormously since Haughey became involved. Does anyone seriously believe that bringing in Leeann Dempster could have been arranged, or even thought of, by our committee. I also recall three separate president’s saying the club was “run with conservative, with a small c, decision making”.  Tapping Dempster is bold and audacious. The kind of thinking an entrepreneur on a mission might throw up. Not a bunch of guys in poorly cut suits.

Who’s really running Queen’s Park?

At the time of the vote In November 2019 the ambition stated was to try to be the best part time team in the country, up with the likes of Alloa and Arbroath. No mention of full time football which was then announced out of the blue  in May 2020.

The only club the committee are running these days is the social club. And that's been shut for 18 months!

Edited by JT1867

2 hours ago, JT1867 said:

At the time of the vote In November 2019 the ambition stated was to try to be the best part time team in the country, up with the likes of Alloa and Arbroath. No mention of full time football which was then announced out of the blue  in May 2020.

The only club the committee are running these days is the social club. And that's been shut for 18 months!

This is what we voted for. This is the copy sent to Companies House. November 19.

36A0B337-68C6-4BE1-8DF5-7D8D8F7C09A4.thumb.jpeg.1c5700155f84b1c228549d8eccc0c4d2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

So, one week to go til our first home game of the season and still  f**k all public communication with our supporters via our website, Facebook or twitter on arrangements for the game and how to purchase tickets.

An exclusive email to members doesn't cut it I'm afraid ( and last season's members and season ticket holders are still waiting for that follow up email / letter so we can actually buy the tickets mentioned in that email)

If it wasn't for members sharing that info on here then everyone would be completely in the dark

Not to mention quite a number of our hardcore support chose not to buy season tickets last season for obvious reason but instead paid for the streaming on a week by week basis. So we're actually choosing to lock out faithful fans for the two home league cup matches.

I trust that when we are allowed more in for the first home league game  on August 7 - the traditional flag day for champions- all our support will get in to see that. Seeing as the target of Level 0 will allow a minimum of 2,000 fans. And if the same social distancing rules apply, will they refuse to open another stand to cater for more than the current 400 they are claiming can only fit in the Jackie Husband?

Jackie Brambles, more like! 

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread - who is saying only 400 fans can fit in the Jackie Husband Stand with the relevant social distancing?

18 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread - who is saying only 400 fans can fit in the Jackie Husband Stand with the relevant social distancing?

Queen's said 350 to 400 was the likely capacity for our initial games at Firhill in an email to the club's members a couple of days ago.