Queen’s Park 21/22

38 minutes ago, AlbertMcreath said:

Don't understand how we can only have 400 in Firhill. Thistle are having 500 bubbles which should result in at least 1,000

Possible that Thistle applied for a special licence. Not sure what sort of cost would be involved. I don’t know if Queen’s Park have made moves to do similar, but I bet I could guess the answer. 

Thistle also play Dunfermline at home on Saturday. Will there be more than 400 in for this?

e-mail  from club  still waiting for it to  drop   zzzzzz

What did it cost for a season ticket last year ?

the members ticket has always cost a good few quid more than season ticket as it used to include coffee/tea and a biscuit  and of course you get to go to the AGM  lol   - the good old days when you had a chance to vote on things .🤣   I'm not expecting that to happen in a pandemic but would like to know  when is AGM.

I'm sure that we all expected that it would cost more in League 1  to watch the team   -   why can't the President tell everyone what it will cost if you are not a member/season ticket holder but are  a supporter who happily parted with his/her cash at turnstile week on week.  It appears that tickets will be required for all to get into Firhill   ok   so can they be purchased on the day  etc    i remember going to broadwood and you had to buy a ticket from the office to get in will something similar be available  - even if it can't happen until August  then tell folk what they will be able to do .

At a time when we all should be pulling together  it appears that we are drifting further and further apart - that not good for all parties .

Get it sorted .

Thanks to Boris for uploading the text of the email to members. As a season ticket holder but not a member this is the first indication I've seen that the club is making some sort of belated progress towards the issuing of memberships and season tickets.

It looks like the club will be pushing e-ticketing. I can do the printing out bit but if they go down the road of admission only by QR code on a smart phone then I'll be scuppered. I know of season ticket holders who do not have any IT access whatsoever, so I hope that the club will be able to cater for the differing needs of the supporters.

Is there any chance of coaxing Janice Balmain out of retirement on a temporary basis?

12 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

What did it cost for a season ticket last year ?

£150.  For that you ended up having the opportunity to stream 11 home league games, which would have cost £110 to purchase individually.  No mention of a refund or an indication there might be a reduction to this season's prices.  I know not everyone would want to take it up if there was, but an acknowledgment would be nice.

Twitter news just in, it states there's unlikely to be space for travelling fans. Well the committee will be ok  to get in, as there's not a true fan among them, only gloryhunters.

Update On Queen Of The South Cup Tie

• 5 Jul 2021
Share on facebook
Share on twitter

Although arrangements are yet to be finalised, the club understands it is unlikely visiting supporters will be able to be admitted to Palmerston Park this Saturday for our group stage fixture in the Premier Sports Cup.

Queen of the South are currently working through a ticket ballot, with any remaining tickets to go on general sale to home supporters only.  Given the restrictions currently in place, it is unlikely there will be space to accommodate travelling Queen’s Park fans.

If this situation changes, a further update will be made.  The game will be available to watch via a live stream from www.qostv.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

£150.  For that you ended up having the opportunity to stream 11 home league games, which would have cost £110 to purchase individually.  No mention of a refund or an indication there might be a reduction to this season's prices.  I know not everyone would want to take it up if there was, but an acknowledgment would be nice.

So looking at Boris's season tickets for other league 1  clubs  would look like  season ticket could be somewhere between £200  - £ 250   for 19 home games .....

Is there any proper fan representation on the committee? Sub-groups and whatnot? 

I can see some of them thinking blah-blah-blah this is just noise / fans mouthing off on the internet but it's difficult to understand how they are getting this so badly wrong, when there should be so much to be positive about at the moment. Do they just not get it? 

And this doesn't look very much like an innovative, exciting new model for a football club to me https://queensparkfc.co.uk/committee/ 

Edited by Anonymous Spider

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Is there any proper fan representation on the committee? Sub-groups and whatnot? 

I can see some of them thinking blah-blah-blah this is just noise / fans mouthing off on the internet but it's difficult to understand how they are getting this so badly wrong, when there should be so much to be positive about at the moment. Do they just not get it? 

And this doesn't look very much like an innovative, exciting new model for a football club to me https://queensparkfc.co.uk/committee/ 

So much diversity.

30 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

5 ex-players and 6 who came from the supporters on that committee, one of whom used to run the supporters' bus a few years ago. You'd think he'd get it. What happens usually is they stand for committee with good intentions to be more open and transparent than the folk they are wanting to replace so they say it'll be a new dawn and they'll be "the supporters voice" etc, our spokesperson . But that doesn't last long, they soon forget how they got on.

They don't all turn out like that but sadly too many do. 

2 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Dear Member,

As we head towards kick-off in League 1 after our promotion-winning campaign, I hope you are as excited as I am by the team being put together by Head Coach Laurie Ellis. It is great to see talented young players of great potential taking the decision to remain with us or to join our ranks. I am looking forward to the challenges we face in the season ahead.

The longer-term ambitions for our Club have been rolled out in recent weeks – our aim is to create an innovative, exciting new model for a football club that will deliver sustained success in the years to come and our goal is to be a successful source of pride to our members and supporters both on and off the pitch.

The move to professionalism, coupled with our desire to see patient investment in the future of our club, requires us to consistently examine how we operate. The vast majority of Members fully understand the privileged position we hold and are keen to do all they can to help the Club with its growth ambitions. With that in mind I am pleased to say that we have taken the decision to simplify and streamline our Membership offering.

Firstly, an apology from everyone at the club. It is our plan to move our ticketing offering predominately online. Due to the uncertainty around stadium capacity for the early round matches in July, we have been prevented from finalising this as quickly as we planned. We know there has been a sense of frustration at the lack of information – we had hoped to have this completed sooner but the restrictions have made it very difficult.

We will be using the Jackie Husband Stand at Firhill, the information we have at the moment suggests a maximum capacity in July of 350-400 with the figure moving well beyond that as restrictions ease in August. That being the case, we are initially restricting purchase of tickets to current members and current season ticket holders.

Supporters we have email details for will receive a link this week which will enable them to click and buy / print. Supporters who have not supplied the club with a valid email address will receive mailshot with appropriate contact details.

All tickets must be purchased in advance, if you purchase online you will be required to print your own ticket.

This season the Ordinary Membership subscription will be £300 – an increase of £45 – this will include entry to all home league and cup ties in the best seats available. Members will also benefit from discounted hospitality when and if government guidelines allow. Unfortunately, free half-time refreshments will not be available and the previously offered Millennium upgrade is no longer available. Associate memberships will also no longer be available. Overseas Membership will be £300 and offer TV subscription to all home league and cup games. Life Membership will continue as before.

We are in the process of developing the Club into something that will be exciting, innovative and rooted in the communities it serves. As we all share the desire to do our best for Queen’s Park, I very much hope you will continue to support us make the progress we all want and I look forward to seeing you at the games in the weeks ahead.

Yours sincerely

David Hunter, President

Thanks for this Boris. Clearly too challenging for our 1903 system to have learned about mail merge yet.

First and obvious question - where's the part about this being a temporary arrangement until we get our our own stadium redeveloped? 

Second - all that bollocks about streamlining memberships - in the construction drawings there's a new seating deck at the upper level of the JB McAlpine Pavillion where currently there is a standing platform which is accessed via the Legends' Lounge. The new deck design has 44 seats plus two disabled spaces. At most games the Millenium Lounge and the Media lounge, at Hampden, combined would have 200-250 (including visitors etc) having a warm drink at half-time. Not sure what the Legends' lounge capacity is but it's nowhere near that, maybe 50-60? So safe to say that's why the Millenium and Associate memberships are being scrapped. The new set-up will be for directors of both teams, Life Members (who don't pay a penny), sponsors and privileged guests. As the President says no "free" scran for the Members anymore, just to reinforce that distinction between the haves and have-mores. He's a class act is this Banker.

Third - capacities. Below is the table currently and the link to the Scottish Government page. Level 1 currently applies - capacity of 1,000. Just wanted to make it clear this is not the government restricting this. This is about not paying for stewards and gatekeepers etc. Possibly something to do with the rental agreement with PTFC. Again, the President hasn't shared what the source of his "information we have" is. I'm happy to be corrected but it looks like more...ehm, bollocks. As the Government has missed it's planned deadlines in June who knows when Level 0 will ever come. But if it's all doors open by 10th August as suggested that means we only have 3 home games under this Blue Peter scheme.

Fourth - with member privileges slashed the totting up for Membership-Or-Season ticket is much closer in difference. In fact, with only two home cup games guaranteed it may make more sense to buy a season ticket for league games and pay-at-the-gate for cup ties. Of course that decision can't be reached until we know the season ticket and gate prices. Either way, there's not much in it and with privileges denied as a member I'll certainly be having a good think about it. Or maybe that mysterious "hospitality discount" will swing it for me. Two sachets of sauce with my pie?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-calculating-physical-distancing-capacity-in-public-settings/pages/events/

image.png.3103aef4d866f5d38b14c5fa1c894835.png

2 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

e-mail  from club  still waiting for it to  drop   zzzzzz

Did you not get the e-mail last year requesting your e-mail address?

Honestly the place defies belief sometimes. And they keep telling us what a wonderful job they are doing.

7 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Did you not get the e-mail last year requesting your e-mail address?

Honestly the place defies belief sometimes. And they keep telling us what a wonderful job they are doing.

i did get an e-mail from the club  on 28th june asking for my views on the proposed  B- Teams in league 2  - maybe someone did not like my reply 😄

So, a short summary:

We know nothing about the stadium.

We know nothing about the day to day working and structure of the club.

We don’t really know anything beyond buzzwords about the community side of things.

No announcement has been made on the appointment of an Executive Director. The position was advertised on March 3rd.

The committee has ignored requests by members and the supporters to meet online.

The AGM is overdue, understandably. No indicative date given, though.

A confirmation statement is overdue on the accounts.

Season tickets have not been announced and we have ten days until our first home game.

After months of near silence from our Club President, members have been informed of a 15% rise on last season. A fantastic reward for those who contributed last season, in terms of memberships, home/away streams, player sponsorships, home/away kits and all other assorted contributions.

Zero transparency, zero respect for the support. The people at the club who have been in a privileged enough position to attend games either simply do not understand how they look, or they simply don’t care. Either way, some self reflection and a rapid change of direction is needed if the disconnect between club and fans is going to be repaired. The membership and support aren’t standing for this for a second longer.

12 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

Hope the bar is open when we finally have an AGM - I’ll take a shot each time someone from the club say ‘Challenging’. 

“Welcome to the 2023 AGM here at the Penny Cars Stadium. I’m sure we can all agree that it’s been a challenging time all round…..”