Queen’s Park 21/22

Did I miss the longer-term ambitions that have been rolled out in recent weeks?  Why are they pleased they are simplifying and streamlining the offering when it's basically just a price increase (even if it aligns with other clubs in the league when you add cup games).  Are they really going to make me print a ticket? I haven't printed anything since I started working from home last March. 

Such poooooor comms. Such biiiiig disconnect... 

Edited by Anonymous Spider

22 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

Time for an EGM to be called and for these chancers to be chased out the door.

Supporters of the club being locked out of games due to incompetence and laziness. Unforgivable, especially after the last 15 months.

Requires 5% of Members with a requisition in writing. Committee have 21 days to convene an EGM from there. First challenge is to figure out how many members there are.

Again though I’d go back to how quick, and with great willingness, the Committee created time and space for regular ad-hoc meetings to discuss the changes to the Club’s MO back in late 2019. What could possibly be so awful that they don’t want to share with the fans? I recall Gerry at the initial meeting opening his arms to everyone with his “all in it together speech”. 

image.gif.030f6a214254e7597f3e0c50d57faaa5.gif

Am I right in saying that members and season ticket holders have had an email telling them what is happening re this season and season tickets and what is happening about entry to the cup games coming up …..do we think the club is going to tell the fans who pay at the gate each week this information via their website..I would like to think they would.

2 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Am I right in saying that members and season ticket holders have had an email telling them what is happening re this season and season tickets and what is happening about entry to the cup games coming up …..do we think the club is going to tell the fans who pay at the gate each week this information via their website..I would like to think they would.

Don’t be so silly Bob. For that to happen there would have to be a President/CEO/committee members who care about the rank and file Queen’s Park supporter.

As long as they have their own bit of responsibility and status why should they have to answer to plebs like us?

1 minute ago, an86 said:

Take no pleasure in saying it, but David Hunter should resign. To appear with this after months of silence is completely tone deaf.

He’s either an arsehole who doesn’t care or he is just not up to the job. I do not know the guy and cannot possibly answer but these are the only two possibilities. 

Dear Member,

As we head towards kick-off in League 1 after our promotion-winning campaign, I hope you are as excited as I am by the team being put together by Head Coach Laurie Ellis. It is great to see talented young players of great potential taking the decision to remain with us or to join our ranks. I am looking forward to the challenges we face in the season ahead.

The longer-term ambitions for our Club have been rolled out in recent weeks – our aim is to create an innovative, exciting new model for a football club that will deliver sustained success in the years to come and our goal is to be a successful source of pride to our members and supporters both on and off the pitch.

The move to professionalism, coupled with our desire to see patient investment in the future of our club, requires us to consistently examine how we operate. The vast majority of Members fully understand the privileged position we hold and are keen to do all they can to help the Club with its growth ambitions. With that in mind I am pleased to say that we have taken the decision to simplify and streamline our Membership offering.

Firstly, an apology from everyone at the club. It is our plan to move our ticketing offering predominately online. Due to the uncertainty around stadium capacity for the early round matches in July, we have been prevented from finalising this as quickly as we planned. We know there has been a sense of frustration at the lack of information – we had hoped to have this completed sooner but the restrictions have made it very difficult.

We will be using the Jackie Husband Stand at Firhill, the information we have at the moment suggests a maximum capacity in July of 350-400 with the figure moving well beyond that as restrictions ease in August. That being the case, we are initially restricting purchase of tickets to current members and current season ticket holders.

Supporters we have email details for will receive a link this week which will enable them to click and buy / print. Supporters who have not supplied the club with a valid email address will receive mailshot with appropriate contact details.

All tickets must be purchased in advance, if you purchase online you will be required to print your own ticket.

This season the Ordinary Membership subscription will be £300 – an increase of £45 – this will include entry to all home league and cup ties in the best seats available. Members will also benefit from discounted hospitality when and if government guidelines allow. Unfortunately, free half-time refreshments will not be available and the previously offered Millennium upgrade is no longer available. Associate memberships will also no longer be available. Overseas Membership will be £300 and offer TV subscription to all home league and cup games. Life Membership will continue as before.

We are in the process of developing the Club into something that will be exciting, innovative and rooted in the communities it serves. As we all share the desire to do our best for Queen’s Park, I very much hope you will continue to support us make the progress we all want and I look forward to seeing you at the games in the weeks ahead.

Yours sincerely

David Hunter, President

I had a season ticket last year but will not be going to either of the home cup games. I am sure with the school holidays, covid and people not wanting to go without family/friends there will be dozens of tickets going unused. Are the club seriously not going to make any attempt to get these tickets into the hands of fans who have been waiting so long to see their team live? Treating the lifeblood of the club with utter contempt. 

3 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Dear Member,

As we head towards kick-off in League 1 after our promotion-winning campaign, I hope you are as excited as I am by the team being put together by Head Coach Laurie Ellis. It is great to see talented young players of great potential taking the decision to remain with us or to join our ranks. I am looking forward to the challenges we face in the season ahead.

The longer-term ambitions for our Club have been rolled out in recent weeks – our aim is to create an innovative, exciting new model for a football club that will deliver sustained success in the years to come and our goal is to be a successful source of pride to our members and supporters both on and off the pitch.

The move to professionalism, coupled with our desire to see patient investment in the future of our club, requires us to consistently examine how we operate. The vast majority of Members fully understand the privileged position we hold and are keen to do all they can to help the Club with its growth ambitions. With that in mind I am pleased to say that we have taken the decision to simplify and streamline our Membership offering.

Firstly, an apology from everyone at the club. It is our plan to move our ticketing offering predominately online. Due to the uncertainty around stadium capacity for the early round matches in July, we have been prevented from finalising this as quickly as we planned. We know there has been a sense of frustration at the lack of information – we had hoped to have this completed sooner but the restrictions have made it very difficult.

We will be using the Jackie Husband Stand at Firhill, the information we have at the moment suggests a maximum capacity in July of 350-400 with the figure moving well beyond that as restrictions ease in August. That being the case, we are initially restricting purchase of tickets to current members and current season ticket holders.

Supporters we have email details for will receive a link this week which will enable them to click and buy / print. Supporters who have not supplied the club with a valid email address will receive mailshot with appropriate contact details.

All tickets must be purchased in advance, if you purchase online you will be required to print your own ticket.

This season the Ordinary Membership subscription will be £300 – an increase of £45 – this will include entry to all home league and cup ties in the best seats available. Members will also benefit from discounted hospitality when and if government guidelines allow. Unfortunately, free half-time refreshments will not be available and the previously offered Millennium upgrade is no longer available. Associate memberships will also no longer be available. Overseas Membership will be £300 and offer TV subscription to all home league and cup games. Life Membership will continue as before.

We are in the process of developing the Club into something that will be exciting, innovative and rooted in the communities it serves. As we all share the desire to do our best for Queen’s Park, I very much hope you will continue to support us make the progress we all want and I look forward to seeing you at the games in the weeks ahead.

Yours sincerely

David Hunter, President

“The longer-term ambitions for our Club have been rolled out in recent weeks – our aim is to create an innovative, exciting new model for a football club “ 

I must have missed whatever was rolled out. Does anyone know what this innovation is yet? Nice inclusive language. Look forward to having a chat with David in the Jackie Husband then. No way am I expecting the committee to be in the Colin Weir stand where the kitchen and bar is. 

17 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Only members, I think.  And even then, not all members.

I know that supporters are still awaiting news of season ticket prices for the season ahead with baited breath, and wondering how we will ever get to see our team play again "in the flesh".

I presume that even tho' away fans were not allowed to attend last week's Raith match, there would have been a full compliment of committee men in attendance.

Reading the list of prices from the other League1 Clubs, kindly provided by BYOS, just made me think.

Does  anyone know the protocol for allowing the away team's "dignitaries" into watch a game ( I use that "term" loosely and  may have to check if it's legal )

Although I don't personally own a blazer, I reckon one of my many local charity shops would have a selection in the under £10 rack.

Combine that with a natty black and white tie and old footie medal I won 60 years ago wrapped round my neck; and I reckon I'd be good to go.

Free entry to every Queen's game guaranteed :egypt

3 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

I know that supporters are still awaiting news of season ticket prices for the season ahead with baited breath, and wondering how we will ever get to see our team play again "in the flesh".

I presume that even tho' away fans were not allowed to attend last week's Raith match, there would have been a full compliment of committee men in attendance.

Reading the list of prices from the other League1 Clubs, kindly provided by BYOS, just made me think.

Does  anyone know the protocol for allowing the away team's "dignitaries" into watch a game ( I use that "term" loosely and  may have to check if it's legal )

Although I don't personally own a blazer, I reckon one of my many local charity shops would have a selection in the under £10 rack.

Combine that with a natty black and white tie and old footie medal I won 60 years ago wrapped round my neck; and I reckon I'd be good to go.

You might even be allowed to cavort on the pitch at the end of the season and get a league winner's medal.

3 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

you need to know the secret handshake🤝

The restrictions are excessively controlling. Not sure what the difference will be in August?? The vulnerable vaccination figures will be the same between these two months. 400 in Firhill is embarrassing considering the capacity is 10K. The financial viability of football clubs isn't even on Scot Govs radar. It's not a public health issue as there is no change from now until the restrictions easing in August. There's a good chance they'll take the opportunity to blame football for a rise in cases late July and extend football restrictions past August. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

What a fuckin joke. 

Surely Thistle  have three stands that can be used. If we are just using the Jackie Husband and not getting in more than 400 due to distancing rules then that's the club choosing to turn away supporters. Or why can't they just sell season tickets / memberships as normal, then do a ballot if that number exceeds what is allowed in that stand? ( I very much doubt it would by the way)

I bet you it's because two of the office staff are on leave 😄 what a club man, can committee members not fill in for them? Twiddling their thumbs doing f**k all while supporters are desperate to hand over money and get back to games  

I paid £255 last season to watch 11 league games online (plus 2 cup games) Now they're wanting £300. I actually thought the delay might have been them trying to work out a price discount after paying full wack last season for less games, not to mention new tops and other merchandise. Silly me 

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

Just last season's members. Apparently a further email with full details on how to buy being sent out to last season's members and season tickets holders.

But hey, let's not divide us into groups (that's the club's job) We're all supporters together. I'm a member, I don't sit in the posh seats, I go with my mates home and away, a lot of whom didn't buy a season ticket last season. I'm as pissed off about it as anyone.   

Edited by Mick1867