Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Now ten days until our first home game and nothing on memberships and season tickets. Professional on the pitch, still amateur off it. 

Just in case anyone forgot…we almost went out of business the last time QPFC Committee took responsibility for refurbishing our stadium. Asking supporters to put their hard-earned into QP’s bank account without knowing the financial status of the company is both complacent and disrespectful. Many seem to be viewing the lack of communications as just poor skills or understanding by the club caretakers. What if it’s more than that? Why are they hiding from us?

companies_house_document.pdf

On 03/07/2021 at 00:06, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is Lord Sir Haughey now an admin on Facebook? We’re a Scottish team. There is NO UK football teams. WTF is happening to this place?

C70CAB89-2850-42F4-A80D-0795644C8229.thumb.jpeg.14c749329ffaa22652fa4c3f355c1f0d.jpegA00A0D4B-A437-44EC-AF8F-6E170092C917.thumb.jpeg.927faf7930e64dab330cdb9aa82ea804.jpeg

Sorry, but when I was at school( 70 odd years ago ) and in the geography class, Scotland, England ,Wales and Northern Ireland were all in the UK. Has something changed that I don't no about? I would prefer that it said Scotland as opposed to UK but it is still correct and there are a lot of football clubs in the UK.

22 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Names on the backs of our kits now I see (unless I missed that last season). Plus a plain yellow captains armband? It's just not the same club anymore emoji12.png

Great goal though....the more things change....

Yes, where was our immortal Captain's armband? Are the club once again being very PC, and not wanting to upset the German female Chancellor who was visiting the UK this week,  or has it disappeared from the club kit- room, taken perhaps as a souvenir from last season? 

Well done to all at Stark's Park, Kircaldy, for showing due respect to all long suffering fans durinng covid, by broadcasting yesterday's match free of charge.

I thought Raith Rovers showed us how things should be done to keep their fans informed, with pre-match interviews/updates, free live broadcast, and post-match interviews as well., all on their own uTube channel. I guess their Club's offices can't be closed and open for emails only.

First class !!!!!!!   They even had season ticket fans present at the match for free.

Compare that with the shambles that our club has become under the stewardship of  Messrs Hunter and Dempster; and let's not exempt the rest of the committee; who as usual remain anonymous except when league winners medals and celebration participation is on offer.

Even to this day, the official webpage states our office is closed, and that communication is by email only.

I thought that the recent lifting of certain covid related restrictions allowed businesses to return to operating with staff on the premises using covid safety protocols; but as other posters have indicated communicating with anyone; least of all supporters isn't high on our "new" club's priorities. 

Recently on this forum, we had a post from the person who said he was responsible for updating the club's webpage. For Saturday's game against Raith, there was an official "News" item about the game, which briefly told us the game was live to view, and gave the appropriate link to the Raith site.

Not a single word of team news.

So it's not only outwith the club that there is a lack of communication, but internally too. I'm sure our esteemed "Web expert" would have been only too happy to have added a few lines of team news/ injuries/selection choices etc if he'd been asked, but it seems no-one within our club cares anymore.

Despite any apparent lack of leadership off the field, there's obviously a lot going on in organising new arrivals/training regimes/medical assistance etc etc, and there will no doubt be many of the usual volunteers doing excellent work behind the scenes. Considering our office is closed this co-ordination of events is remarkable and deserves our thanks.

As for the committee members who are believed to read these pages, you are not worthy of the trust we have placed in you.

Perhaps, like the ongoing drama that is the refurbishment of Lesser, it is your concern for all things "Legal" that prevents you from being truthfull and open.

When eventually the truth about your inactivity and ineptitude are there for all to see, those of us with Queen's Park's best intentions at heart will be here to hold you to accouint.

I notice Patrick Thistle have their first match with supporters back at Firhill tomorrow evening with various procedures etc in place. They have stated it will be a trial event of sorts for the stadium.

So it would actually make sense (up to a point) that QP have to wait until the outcome of that before our arrangements can be finalised but why oh why would they not just tell us that. Not that this would excuse the deafening silence on several other issues, but it would be a start.

59 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

So it would actually make sense (up to a point) that QP have to wait until the outcome of that before our arrangements can be finalised but why oh why would they not just tell us that. Not that this would excuse the deafening silence on several other issues, but it would be a start.

Us plebs don't need to know anything.

I honestly wonder what the thought process is. Maybe they think we should be quiet and grateful because of the money being flung at facilities and squad etc. "They've just won the league, the punters will be happy" etc. None of that really means anything if the people running the club refuse to engage with the support. I really just don't think they get it.

You don't need to look particularly far to see clubs with comparable and, indeed, significantly less resources than us, keeping their fans updated and showing them some respect. No unreasonable demands are being set by supporters here. I'd love someone from the committee to actually come on here and have the bottle to address the concerns, because the club has shown zero interest through official channels. They've been a disgrace tbh.

We as supporters/members would like to to be told what is happening as a new season fast approaches .   The silence is deafening .

There is a home game next week   are fans allowed in?  How much will it cost  for   Member/Season ticket holders  etc..

I'm really disappointed in how the club is treating  it's Members/Associates/season ticket holders with this  no news policy 

Quite frankly I expect better from  the people " running"  our cluib.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

The attendance at the cup game against QotS will be restricted to home season ticket holders who will be entered into a ballot. No away fans.

Got to wonder if we'll do the same. Just as well everyone's had plenty of opportunities to get their season ticket.

Edited by Dave

17 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Well done to all at Stark's Park, Kircaldy, for showing due respect to all long suffering fans durinng covid, by broadcasting yesterday's match free of charge.

I thought Raith Rovers showed us how things should be done to keep their fans informed, with pre-match interviews/updates, free live broadcast, and post-match interviews as well., all on their own uTube channel. I guess their Club's offices can't be closed and open for emails only.

First class !!!!!!!   They even had season ticket fans present at the match for free.

Compare that with the shambles that our club has become under the stewardship of  Messrs Hunter and Dempster; and let's not exempt the rest of the committee; who as usual remain anonymous except when league winners medals and celebration participation is on offer.

Even to this day, the official webpage states our office is closed, and that communication is by email only.

I thought that the recent lifting of certain covid related restrictions allowed businesses to return to operating with staff on the premises using covid safety protocols; but as other posters have indicated communicating with anyone; least of all supporters isn't high on our "new" club's priorities. 

Recently on this forum, we had a post from the person who said he was responsible for updating the club's webpage. For Saturday's game against Raith, there was an official "News" item about the game, which briefly told us the game was live to view, and gave the appropriate link to the Raith site.

Not a single word of team news.

So it's not only outwith the club that there is a lack of communication, but internally too. I'm sure our esteemed "Web expert" would have been only too happy to have added a few lines of team news/ injuries/selection choices etc if he'd been asked, but it seems no-one within our club cares anymore.

Despite any apparent lack of leadership off the field, there's obviously a lot going on in organising new arrivals/training regimes/medical assistance etc etc, and there will no doubt be many of the usual volunteers doing excellent work behind the scenes. Considering our office is closed this co-ordination of events is remarkable and deserves our thanks.

As for the committee members who are believed to read these pages, you are not worthy of the trust we have placed in you.

Perhaps, like the ongoing drama that is the refurbishment of Lesser, it is your concern for all things "Legal" that prevents you from being truthfull and open.

When eventually the truth about your inactivity and ineptitude are there for all to see, those of us with Queen's Park's best intentions at heart will be here to hold you to accouint.

you sir, I salute you. - Leonardo taking on lazy people | Meme Generator

13 hours ago, an86 said:

I'd love someone from the committee to actually come on here and have the bottle to address the concerns, because the club has shown zero interest through official channels. 

You'll have to wait until one of them gets a few bottles of wine down them. 3am on a Sunday morning is their favourite time for growing a pair on social media.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

The attendance at the cup game against QotS will be restricted to home season ticket holders who will be entered into a ballot. No away fans.

Any vantage points around Palmerston? I'm done with online streams

I assume the usual suspects in our support will be blagging their way in. A bit of solidarity this season with the rest of us would be nice. 

Edited by Mick1867

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Got to wonder if we'll do the same. Just as well everyone's had plenty of opportunities to get their season ticket.

Don't think we'll need a ballot, no way we've got 500 season ticket holders and members ( well we currently have zero but you know what I mean)

Just in case anyone forgot…we almost went out of business the last time QPFC Committee took responsibility for refurbishing our stadium. Asking supporters to put their hard-earned into QP’s bank account without knowing the financial status of the company is both complacent and disrespectful. Many seem to be viewing the lack of communications as just poor skills or understanding by the club caretakers. What if it’s more than that? Why are they hiding from us?

companies_house_document.pdf

Just got e-mail. Increase of £45 for membership. With no justification I can see.

They are all restricting access to the initial games to people who had a membership or season ticket LAST season 😂 

So rather than having a renewal and purchase process for the season ahead to get a good grasp of how many want to follow us to Firhill (and then balloting accordingly for the early games if required) we have this mess where it is pretty much guaranteed there will be spare tickets going and no means for anyone else to buy them.

What a mess…….and we get to pay even more for the privilege 😂

We are an embarrassing mess of a football club. This latest nonsense is beyond bewildering. They cannot be fucked with the extra work entailed by selling season tickets or balloting and therefore must be the only club in Scotland restricting entry to last season’s ticket holders.

The fans don’t matter to these arrogant clowns. Time for an EGM to be called and for these chancers to be chased out the door.

Supporters of the club being locked out of games due to incompetence and laziness. Unforgivable, especially after the last 15 months.

Edited by Big Badger

38 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Just got e-mail. Increase of £45 for membership. With no justification I can see.

Just had a quick fly around other L1 teams for season tickets…because that’s the same kind of deep penetration research I’d expect the club to commission.

Airdrie.    £250

Alloa        £215

Clyde      £250

Cove       £ N/A

Dumbarton  £250

East Fife    £245

Falkirk        £245/275/320 depending on stand 

Montrose  £240

Peterheid £ N/A

All available by internet search, apart from the north-east who are playing up to their stereotype.

As a sense check for the venue, The Jags are at £290 for the Championship.