Queen’s Park 21/22

14 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Just went on to the Raith YouTube saw the teams ,and switched off, 4 subs listed, no wonder they havnt given teams for our  previous friendlies, if thats all they can manage, looks like it will be a long seson

Are the club seriously not keeping supporters up to date with pre season results and lineups etc? I always thought Queens Park had a decent presence on social media.

Names on the backs of our kits now I see (unless I missed that last season). Plus a plain yellow captains armband? It's just not the same club anymore [emoji12]

Great goal though....the more things change....

From the perspective of a Raith fan, and not knowing how close that was to your starting team:

- Great conditioning

- Well executed, high pressure and high line defending

- Muir looked excellent in goal, a real asset at League One level

- Nice movement, maybe lacking a bit of connection from back to front

- Longridge will do well for you

Should be a solid season on League One, and if that’s close to your starters, you might give the playoffs a run. Love the away tops, BTW.

1 hour ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Just went on to the Raith YouTube saw the teams ,and switched off, 4 subs listed, no wonder they havnt given teams for our  previous friendlies, if thats all they can manage, looks like it will be a long seson

Wee shame that, you missed a good game! Excellent second half performance and QP looked much more creative when Grant Gillespie came on at half time. Have to agree with others though that the squad looked a bit threadbare. The absence of Grant and Quitongo was expected of course but there was no Murray, McHugh or Yeats. Add the injury to Kilday and we could be down to just about the minimum for our first competitive game.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

A bit odd not to go with a bigger squad and spread the minutes about.

Given the relationship between the managers, it would not surprise me if they both didn’t have specific goals they wanted to focus on, and perhaps had talked between each other about how to help each other achieve them in this match.

Just now, Spidersmad said:

Wee shame that, you missed a good game! Excellent second half performance and QP looked much more creative when Grant Gillespie came on at half time. Have to agree with others though that the squad looked a bit threadbare. The absence of Grant and Quitongo was expected of course but there was no Murray, McHugh or Yeats. Add the injury to Kilday and we could be down to just about the minimum for our first competitive game.

Not missed, it stays posted and you can watch it through.

2 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We looked good there by the way. Thought we controlled the ball in most parts and could have scored more. Not sure how strong Raith were but still a Championship side.

We started what might be a regular lineup minus LB (used a 17-year old trialist), possibly our strongest CB and a critical CM. Pretty strong side for the first half or so (although, that’s only 6 starters from last year and 5 new players) and I’d say you looked a wee bit overmatched, but not terribly. You’ll do fine in League One, wouldn’t be surprised if Longridge leads to league in goals.

Clyde looked not too bad on Tuesday but QP were a notch or two above them. First Division looks like a highly competitive league this year, With Cove Airdrie Montrose  Falkirk Alloa and yourselves, and no whipping boys either. I'll not be surprised at all if you make the playoffs - best of luck.

Decent result and performance, got high hopes of a big season ahead from Baynham.

The squad size is certainly an issue (even if everyone had been available). Can only think we have 2-3 loans incoming as was really surprised not to see any trialists in the squad today 

Was at the game today and was impressed by Queens Park, I thought your number 10 look a good attacking midfield player. Our defence was caught out twice and we deserved to lose these goals. Good luk in the forthcoming season ond on today's showing you should do very well.

17 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Decent result and performance, got high hopes of a big season ahead from Baynham.

The squad size is certainly an issue (even if everyone had been available). Can only think we have 2-3 loans incoming as was really surprised not to see any trialists in the squad today 

I agree. It would be good to see Baynham get a run in the team to give him a chance to show whether he can do the business at this level.

I thought Brown & Moore showed some nice touches and agree with whoever said that we were much improved when Gillespie came on.

It must be of some concern though, that with a week until the season starts, we apparently had only 13 fit outfield players.

I'm sure the club will be along shortly with an update on the injured players.🤐