Queen’s Park 21/22

On 26/06/2021 at 16:22, an86 said:

I see other clubs have games today. Some even in front of fans. Obviously no way we could have arranged a local friendly so that a couple of hundred fans could have attended their first game in fifteen months and given the players the reception they deserve for last season.

Does the club even consider the fans at all when they are planning this stuff? Albion Rovers, East Kilbride, even using Newlandsfield for a “home” game for 250 spectators over the pre-season period. I’m sure it’s impossible because of COVID. Just like online meetings are impossible, despite the fact that things like the business of government is conducted across them.

I don’t know if Leeann Dempster thinks she’s walked into Caledonian Braves or some mob with no support. Hundreds of people care about this club and they’ve been ignored at every turn. I’ve said before that if you can’t take the people who already love the club with you, then you’re not going to get anywhere connecting with the wider community.

The club is not a blank canvas. The club is not a project. The club belongs to us, the people who’ve kept it ticking for years and decades, and those on the inside would do very well to remember that.

Dempsters done a honking job since she arrived at QP. Looking every bit a media darling myth at the moment.

So we are playing Raith on Saturday. We know this because Raith do this revolutionary thing of letting their fans know what games their team is playing.

If arrangements are the same as their game against Stranraer on Saturday, only Raith season ticket holders will be able to attend 

The Stranraer game was streamed free of charge on the Raith YouTube channel.

25 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

You wait weeks for any Club communication, then three emails at once containing the same survey.

Cheers for that! If I hadn't read your post I wouldn't have looked in my spam folder where I found the email (1 copy only) with the survey link.

With regards to the lack of communication and certain other issues, I wonder if there is some confusion within the club concerning the remits of the various employees and the coordination between them and with the committee. At the moment it seems that nobody knows what anyone else is doing. Well that's the charitable interpretation. A pity because as far as the actual football is concerned I'm quite excited about the signing of relatively young but promising players from the academies of Premier clubs. Kind of a reversal of what has been happening in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

A pity because as far as the actual football is concerned I'm quite excited about the signing of relatively young but promising players from the academies of Premier clubs. Kind of a reversal of what has been happening in recent seasons.

This is exactly it. A lot to look forward to both on and off the pitch. The issues that people have with the communication from the club are so easily fixed as well. Everyone understands the challenges, but we’re a professional football club. Give us a weekly newsletter or an indication of what’s likely to be happening in the near future. It’s not that difficult.

Even if there are a few sugar coated rewards when it comes to season tickets or upcoming games, it’s not really the point. The support just wants to be acknowledged and feel connected with the club.

11 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

So we are playing Raith on Saturday. We know this because Raith do this revolutionary thing of letting their fans know what games their team is playing.

If arrangements are the same as their game against Stranraer on Saturday, only Raith season ticket holders will be able to attend 

The Stranraer game was streamed free of charge on the Raith YouTube channel.

Same again for your visit, season tickets holders only at the moment and I’d be really surprised if it’s not  shown free on our channel again as our game tomorrow will be.  Hopefully we get away fans back soon. 

23 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

I see we have a ticketing partner now. Will be expecting a bit more than a bit of card with my name and membership number hand written on it. 

We might even get the fixtures suppiled as well.

Screenshot_20210629-100850_Facebook.jpg

Guess we'll find out via BBC when its been "published"

7 hours ago, Urban Goose said:

Guess we'll find out via BBC when its been "published"

Just a long shot here but I’ve a funny feeling that when it comes to needing us for something the wires will be uncrossed jildy quick. 

I think it would be imprudent of any member to offer more money until we’re satisfied that the published accounts are in good order but more importantly that the club is in a healthy and stable position. Without further knowledge, it’s feasible that all this silence is hiding something seriously wrong. We just don’t have the information to make an informed choice. 

On 29/06/2021 at 10:17, Boris the Spider said:

I see we have a ticketing partner now. Will be expecting a bit more than a bit of card with my name and membership number hand written on it. 

We might even get the fixtures suppiled as well.

Screenshot_20210629-100850_Facebook.jpg

Excuse the expression, " but what the F--K is a ticketing partner. Is that PC language for the people who are printing the tickets?

I see we played another friendly match this afternoon, winning 2-1 against Hamilton

Information on who scored, or indeed who played, remains classified.

I’m hoping that RaithRovers TV will let us get a glimpse of things on Saturday. Maybe our team sheet will be redacted though. 

We won 2-1 against Hamilton Accies today. Again, we have absolutely no further details of the game. I understand the whole closed door aspect of pre season but that doesn’t stop mentioning lineups or goal scorers surely ? You look at other teams, they mention lineups, goal scorers, pretty much the full package as if it were a normal league match 

Get this shoddy communication in the bin 

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Excuse the expression, " but what the F--K is a ticketing partner. Is that PC language for the people who are printing the tickets?

Possibly Future Ticketing - see the Airdrieonians thread on Monday - they're going with that organisation.

Edited by Spidersmad

4 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Possibly Future Ticketing - see the Airdrionians thread on Monday - they're going with that organisation.

Total Tickets do Thistle’s ticketing, so it crossed my mind that it might be them. Same stadium, so would likely just follow the same templates.

47 minutes ago, qpfc said:

We won 2-1 against Hamilton Accies today. Again, we have absolutely no further details of the game. I understand the whole closed door aspect of pre season but that doesn’t stop mentioning lineups or goal scorers surely ? You look at other teams, they mention lineups, goal scorers, pretty much the full package as if it were a normal league match 

Get this shoddy communication in the bin 

Now been updated to a 2-2 draw. What a club.