Queen’s Park 21/22

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Alright folks, we've just signed Billy Mortimer. Got a pal who's a big QP fan and has told me he looked good albeit in a bit of a landfill squad - any other opinions?

Billy is a smashing lad but I just cannot see him as a League 1 player. Always looks dangerous but the final touch is missing. I wish him all the best.

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

For every guy that was rubbish at their clubs, I'll play the Andy Robertson card. Dumped by Celtic and (arguably) world class after getting the QP treatment. Ditto guys like Blair Spittal, Lawrence Shankland, and how many more going back to the Gardner Speirs and Billy Stark years when they picked up top league castoffs and turned them into excellent players. The proof of it will be the performances on the park, but there does seem to be a push to bring in younger guys who'll hopefully do the business and be here for the journey to the European Super League.

Am quite encouraged by the signings and the signal it sends. Youth to be given a chance. 

19 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

I suspect his stints at Dundee United and Hull City may have had more impact on his overall development as a professional footballer than his time playing under the legendary Gardner Speirs. 

I think Charlie you may well be right, however , what I remember from talking to young  Mr.Robertson's mum and dad in the social club, is that their sons success was due to QP turning him him into a  Left Back as opposed to a Left Sided Midfield player, where he had played at Celtic. They said that the difference in is performances at LB as opposed to L/Midfield were truly amazing. So if he had gone elsewhere and not QP he might not be the player that he is and captain of Scotland. 

I very recently moved to Glasgow and want to start attending Queens Park matches (far better than following the Old Firm!). Is there any news on season tickets for the upcoming season? I would've thought they would be on sale by now. 

5 hours ago, david9640 said:

I very recently moved to Glasgow and want to start attending Queens Park matches (far better than following the Old Firm!). Is there any news on season tickets for the upcoming season? I would've thought they would be on sale by now. 

Nothing yet. In past seasons it was not long before the start of the league. The season tickets don't include cup games. Welcome to the number one club in Glasgow.

Now with Scotland & Eufa away from the big Hampden, do we expect an announcement on the supposed AGM that was to take place before the end of June.

I've not recieved accounts or anything else via email or post, or has this been intentional by those running the club to yet again keep us like mushrooms (in the dark & sh!t).

20 days till our first 'home' League Cup game, no idea of Membership prices for the season or if members or season ticket holders will be allowed into matches.

Nothing has really changed with regard to keeping members informed over the past (insert your own timeline) Years.

Given that Queen’s Park  don’t appear to have any interest in communicating with supporters/members over the crucial issues regarding our future, I’d encourage anyone with a view on Colt teams to contact the club about it.

There are reasonable grounds to suspect that our recent loan deals with Celtic may factor into the club’s decision making on this issue. 

2 hours ago, Ruggie 68 said:

Now with Scotland & Eufa away from the big Hampden, do we expect an announcement on the supposed AGM that was to take place before the end of June.

UEFA won't be away until after the last sixteen match next week. Think the meeting depended on covid restrictions being lifted as well.

40 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

See Lee Connelly has signed for QOS. Thought that was the kind of player we might have went for. Fast tricky direct and can score goals.

Wondered about him as well with the previous connection to the club, saw him a few times on TV for Alloa last season and I thought he struggled to make an impact on games.

On 25/06/2021 at 18:55, bobthespider said:

Any idea when season ticket and pay at the gate prices will be out and will they be taking in to consideration playing at firhill and what fans have gone through in the last year.

Given we have to pay PTFC rent, plus the training ground the President was absolutely delighted about, plus no advertising  revenue plus legal fees plus contract fuckupery payments it seems improbable that fans will be getting any discounts. This is the best I can offer pending any threads of information the club might share with us. One day. Maybe.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

For any of the several Club Committee members who read this thread.

We are now two weeks out from the start of the season. It is quite frankly unacceptable that we have had zero information about membership renewals and season ticket sales for the upcoming season. 

Teams at all levels of the SPFL and below have managed to keep fans informed, sell tickets and generate goodwill and excitement ahead of the season to come.  Some people are even lucky enough to attend matches this afternoon.

Everyone is well aware and understanding of the challenges at the moment (Firhill adding an extra layer of complexity) but to have said literally nothing on the subject is quite simply not good enough.

Of course I would rather express this to the club directly, but when all you are getting back is an out of office message it is rather difficult.

We are all desperate to support the club, it is not even a joke to say “take my money”!

I see other clubs have games today. Some even in front of fans. Obviously no way we could have arranged a local friendly so that a couple of hundred fans could have attended their first game in fifteen months and given the players the reception they deserve for last season.

Does the club even consider the fans at all when they are planning this stuff? Albion Rovers, East Kilbride, even using Newlandsfield for a “home” game for 250 spectators over the pre-season period. I’m sure it’s impossible because of COVID. Just like online meetings are impossible, despite the fact that things like the business of government is conducted across them.

I don’t know if Leeann Dempster thinks she’s walked into Caledonian Braves or some mob with no support. Hundreds of people care about this club and they’ve been ignored at every turn. I’ve said before that if you can’t take the people who already love the club with you, then you’re not going to get anywhere connecting with the wider community.

The club is not a blank canvas. The club is not a project. The club belongs to us, the people who’ve kept it ticking for years and decades, and those on the inside would do very well to remember that.

For anyone unaware, we played Stirling Uni in a friendly this afternoon which finished 2-2. No mention of lineups, scorers or any interesting pieces of information due to legal reasons 

Edited by qpfc

30 minutes ago, qpfc said:

For anyone unaware, we played Stirling Uni in a friendly this afternoon which finished 2-2. No mention of lineups, scorers or any interesting pieces of information due to legal reasons 

Yes the presence of trialists in the team means that we can’t confirm or deny who else in the squad featured or, heaven forbid, who the goal scorers were.