Queen’s Park 21/22

6 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

There is no need to go out of your way to abuse your own player, even if they have played badly. The excuse of "I pay your wages" is never justifiable.

That said, I still believe that Bob will do well this season. His career stats are not too bad. 

Don’t see it as “going out their way”, some fans are more, let’s say passionate, than others. 

I suppose it depends on what you consider as “bad”. I’d buy into the auld-heid, big-character-in-the-dressing-room story if it was there but I never see him offering advice or support to anyone on the field. He seems very much in the Alan Gow box; career running out, can’t match his early promise, desperately wants to keep playing. Fair enough as a squad player but if you’re going to demand having the no.9 shirt he’s got to be doing a lot more. And when you shut your eyes at a header you’re never a no.9. It took him until 2019 to get a hat-trick. We can only wonder how many of these were penalties.

But in the spirit of the old Corinthian QP, happy belated birthday Bob!

image.thumb.png.8a68665e0daaf244f8af192557e1ae9f.png

3 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

Not the point. Lots of football supporters are well educated and highly intellectual successful business people. It's about how some people conduct themselves at a football game. 

I’ve asked you before, are you sure you’re not a Director? You have that air of authority balanced with not very clever. Human Intelligence is measured in highs and lows but intellect is about the human mind. It’s well researched that over 80% of the world’s leading CEOs have modest intelligence, make lots of mistakes, can’t problem solve and their biggest attribute for success is strapped between their legs.

Perhaps Tolerance is what we all seek.

10 minutes ago, QP145 said:

Heard QP 18s are taking on Kilmarnock at lesser tomorrow 3pm ko. Was thinking of popping down. Not so sure on if people are allowed to attend, anyone any idea?

Think if you want to watch it has to be through the fence on the far side alongside the parents.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

As for swearing, I'm with Billy Connolly

"It's not "bad language", it's ordinary language. I don't understand the snobbishness about swearing. I grew up swearing. Everybody around me swore. It's part of our culture. It can be poetic, it can be violent, and it can be very funny. It's the rhythm of how we speak, and the colour of how we communicate - at least when we're being honest and open and raw. So, if you're likely to be offended by the swearing, you may as well f**k off now" 

My experience is quite different. At my primary school in the east end of Glasgow in the 1950's, none of the children swore. Adults swore much less frequently than today. Swearing was not acceptable among stand patrons at Hampden, Ibrox and Parkhead. Things are very different now.

On 13/07/2021 at 16:53, Spidersmad said:

While out for my daily walk around the South Side yesterday I passed Lesser Hampden and saw that there was a training match going on with a few onlookers peering through the gates and fences. Possibly our under 18s or similar youth squad? Quite impressed with the way they moved the ball around. Construction work seems completely dead now with contractor's equipment cleared.

Went past this afternoon and there were new signs on the gate for Calma Group, a building company from Shawfield.

No sign of any workers or equipment on site though.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve asked you before, are you sure you’re not a Director? You have that air of authority balanced with not very clever. Human Intelligence is measured in highs and lows but intellect is about the human mind. It’s well researched that over 80% of the world’s leading CEOs have modest intelligence, make lots of mistakes, can’t problem solve and their biggest attribute for success is strapped between their legs.

Perhaps Tolerance is what we all seek.

I'm not a Director, I'm not a CEO and have no authority within the club. I'm just a normal punter who enjoys going to games, who had a point to make but obviously you only want to hear from the regular crowd. I thought the point of the forum was to encourage fans to talk about the team.

I don't resort to insulting people and thought that generating a post would be interesting based on the current subject, which I thought everyone would have an opinion on but it seems you don't like my tone so I can understand why not many fans bother to post.

I do think it comes down to human mindset the way people act when at a football game but thanks for making this clear.

36 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Being passionate is never an excuse for abuse. 

That's twice you've mentioned abuse so far, but I've not seen or heard anyone actually do that? Shouting and swearing about someone's performance is not abuse.

Incidentally, those getting their knickers in a twist over fans swearing at the football, do you get as upset when players, coaches or managers do it?

I mean, this guy did it as our head coach for 15 years and he's still doing it when he's community coaching. 

Queen's Park FC on Twitter: "#throwbackthursday this week photo features  the legendary Eddie Hunter #QPFC #TheSpiders http://t.co/TXxwMFWN0z"

44 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Incidentally, those getting their knickers in a twist over fans swearing at the football, do you get as upset when players, coaches or managers do it?

I mean, this guy did it as our head coach for 15 years and he's still doing it when he's community coaching. 

Queen's Park FC on Twitter: "#throwbackthursday this week photo features  the legendary Eddie Hunter #QPFC #TheSpiders http://t.co/TXxwMFWN0z"

There’s a lot of myths and revisionism  kicking around about QP and expected standards etc. Hunter, Cowboy and Gus were all proponents of loud “industrial” language. All three of them were promotion winning managers.

A bit along the lines of us having a great footballing philosophy with an good youth system. That only really started under Stark imo. It’s talked about as if it’s been part of the fabric of the club for 150 years. We’ve had more than our share of clogging jobbers in the time between inventing the passing game and Stark, as well as after that!

Edited by an86

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

That's twice you've mentioned abuse so far, but I've not seen or heard anyone actually do that? Shouting and swearing about someone's performance is not abuse.

Shouting and swearing at someone because you think they are no good at their job is pretty much a perfect definition of abuse.

Edited by JT1867

14 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Shouting and swearing at someone because you think they are no good at their job is pretty much a perfect definition of abuse.

No matter what was shouted, it was ONE person who did it. We had loads of fans down there. The guy that accused FANS of abusing the guy wasn't even there. That media team Whats App group sounds like great patter 

3 hours ago, JT1867 said:

I don't agree with that.

Calling someone names because they're not playing well, posting on their social media after bad performances, and getting angry at them on a personal level would be abusive.

A bit of shouting here and there (which may or may not include swearing) at the game out of frustration, at a player putting in a very poor performance because you know they can do better and want them to succeed, wouldn't be.