Who will be the Banter Kings of Scottish Football 2021-22

41 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aberdeen gave it a good shot, and an impressive showing from Hibs tonight, but there's no outdoing the masters, lads.

Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee: 'No huge hope' of escaping relegation, Mark McGhee  admits - BBC Sport

He's just one small, albeit action packed chapter of our submission for the award too

Sacking your manager after four months? Missing out on the top 6 with a last minute goal? Dropping from double champions to relegation fodder? Accepting a sponsorship deal from a scam Crypto company?

Amateurs.

Dundee...

• Hired a manager who immediately had to serve a six game ban from five years ago.
  • Said manager is subsequently on an 11 game winless streak.
  • Said manager threw a strop at a journalist when asked a routine question about a substitution.
  • Had a player commit the worst dive in football history.
  • Signed an out of shape, scandal ridden Leigh Griffiths.
  • Said player's main contribution was kicking a flare in to the stands.
  • Punted their top scorer for free.
  • Said top scorer has subsequently scored 9 goals in 18 games with his new club.
  • Kept their manager after a 6-0 gubbing at home to Ross County.
  • Sacked said manager after two back to back wins.
  • Signed a much hyped Canadian midfielder to a three year contract, then never played him.
  • Had one of their forwards miss a set piece as he was retrieving a hair bobble.

You can't compete with such dedication to the banter.

Edited by EpicMike

Still say it’s Hibs. Ron Gordon is three quarters of the way down the Romanov daft things to do column, and hasn’t even started on the successes list yet.

Sacking your manager after four months? Missing out on the top 6 with a last minute goal? Dropping from double champions to relegation fodder? Accepting a sponsorship deal from a scam Crypto company?
Amateurs.
Dundee...
  • Hired a manager who immediately had to serve a six game ban from five years ago.
  • Said manager is subsequently on an 11 game winless streak.
  • Said manager threw a strop at a journalist when asked a routine question about a substitution.
  • Had a player commit the worst dive in football history.
  • Signed an out of shape, scandal ridden Leigh Griffiths.
  • Said player's main contribution was kicking a flare in to the stands.
  • Punted their top scorer for free.
  • Said top scorer has subsequently scored 9 goals in 18 games with his new club.
  • Kept their manager after a 6-0 gubbing at home to Ross County.
  • Sacked said manager after two back to back wins.
  • Signed a much hyped Canadian midfielder to a three year contract, then never played him.
  • Had one of their forwards miss a set piece as he was retrieving a hair bobble.
You can't compete with such dedication to the banter.

I was going to say that a newly promoted side failing to establish itself in the top flight isn’t that strong a case and then I read this

You’re right! Dundee have brought so much more to the table than just losing football matches

the seasons not over yet though

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Still say it’s Hibs. Ron Gordon is three quarters of the way down the Romanov daft things to do column, and hasn’t even started on the successes list yet.

Have to take off the maroon glasses, mate. Hibs has had a bad seven months, but it was never in danger of even the playoff, while Dundee has basically been a disaster from day one.

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

the seasons not over yet though

Outside of deciding between which of Motherwell and RC will get the final Europe spot, it basically is.

Props to RC. I thought they'd be relegation material, and if I had to bet it looks like they could be playing ECL qualifiers in late July.

7 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Have to take off the maroon glasses, mate. Hibs has had a bad seven months, but it was never in danger of even the playoff, while Dundee has basically been a disaster from day one.

It is just more of the same from Dundee though. They are no better or worse than they have been in decades. The go down, they come up, and back down they go again. Most Dundee fans probably aren't particularly surprised at their form.

Hibs though... more red flags than a game of mini-golf with their current owners and off-field administrators. It has taken their fans a long time to realise it's all a bit of a mess, but that is understandable. I don't even think they are over the worst of it yet, either.

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Hibs though... more red flags than a game of mini-golf with their current owners and off-field administrators. It has taken their fans a long time to realise it's all a bit of a mess, but that is understandable. I don't even think they are over the worst of it yet, either.

Will you give the Cliff's notes version of what's happening with my fellow countryman and Hibs? Haven't been paying attention.

Outside of deciding between which of Motherwell and RC will get the final Europe spot, it basically is.
Props to RC. I thought they'd be relegation material, and if I had to bet it looks like they could be playing ECL qualifiers in late July.

This point when it’s “basically over” but not actually over is a prime opportunity for someone to make a late challenge by snatching disaster from the jaws of apparent safety.

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This point when it’s “basically over” but not actually over is a prime opportunity for someone to make a late challenge by snatching disaster from the jaws of apparent safety.

I hear ya, but that would require Dundee to actually have a decent stretch, something they haven't done all year.