The Conference X Files 2021-22

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

After another two seasons almost all of this season's Conference X will probably have been promoted to higher divisions

Such a bold prediction since 4-6 of the Conference X teams will have been promoted by the end of 2022-23.

When are people going to predict something like Dalkeith Thistle, Arniston Rangers, and St Andrews United all being in the 3rd Tier of the EoS? Nobody imagined that in 2018. You'd probably have had to think all the Tayside teams had joined. Not that the likes of Kirkcaldy & Rosyth were squeezing them out.

9 hours ago, Dev said:

12 months ago the WoS received a number of applications from clubs which were amateur or youth based. many of whom didn't have grounds etc which matched the League criteria. They were given two years in which to meet the league's criteria

Now that all the established junior clubs are on board, there’s no need to allow leeway on the ground criteria for any new clubs.

Especially after getting their fingers burnt by Edinburgh South when they were allowing anyone to join.

Good luck to Whitburn tomorrow in their bid to finish the season by winning the league.

Just a wee reminder of last week's celebrations after winning promotion.

image.png.0116330f48664a0236e4164f85f6aea2.png

Picture by Ann Haddow,  Whitburn Junior FC

I'm movin' on up now
Gettin' out of the darkness
My light shines on
My light shines on
My light shines on"

Irrespective of results tomorrow, it's been a great season. Well done to everyone involved.