The Conference X Files 2021-22

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

7th has always been safe as far I'm concerned, there's not an asterisk or anything to indicate they would be in danger.

The question basically is whether the First runs with 17 or 18 clubs in the event Tranent lose. 

Isn't the problem that if First was 16 then you would have a 19 Second as you couldn't relegate any more Conference A/B clubs?

If Tranent lose and only 1 club goes up from X as a result, then the Second runs with 18, and we have 16-16-18-10.

Who knows though. I thought I had a grasp of it, clearly not.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If Tranent lose and only 1 club goes up from X as a result, then the Second runs with 18, and we have 16-16-18-10.

Who knows though. I thought I had a grasp of it, clearly not.

Think there'd be a riot in West Lothian if only one went up... :lol: (when all the info has said two + possibly three)

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Think there'd be a riot in West Lothian if only one went up... :lol: (when all the info has said two + possibly three)

Probably! Although the table on the website has a line after 1st place.

23 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

There's only 2 games left in conference X, with promotion places probably going to the final game. Surely the East of Scotland should be clarifying the situation so that the 4 clubs involved know where they stand going into these games. Seems basic stuff to me.

I'm starting to get the impression that the East of Scotland has got too big for those running it to handle.

16 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe you should ask your club rather than having a dig at the league.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I think its 5 down from Premier, 2nd to 6th (10) plus best 7th (1) which gives us 16 in the event of Tranent not going up.

I know the notes refers to 8th place, I think that could be a typo as it doesn't correlate with the graphic. Either the notes wrong or the graphic is wrong.

16-16-18 and then however many left in the Third has always been the intended structure for 22-23 as far as I'm aware. 18 in the First and a very small Third makes no sense and I've never heard anyone discuss the possibility of an 18 team First.

Maybe the league need to absolutely clarify this ASAP.

image.png

The graphic distributed at the start of the season was crystal clear. Top two in Conference X are promoted no matter what and possibly third would have been as well in a scenario that has now fallen away with VoL being confirmed as relegated from the LL. Looks like Whitburn and Syngenta are going to be promoted then. 

Unfortunately, looks like Armadale Thistle will miss out. Would have been good to see another former east superleague club promoted this season so clubs like that find their natural level as quickly as possible. There's talk on the Bo'ness United thread that Armadale have found a sponsor to bankroll a rise through the divisions in the years ahead. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

image.png

The graphic distributed at the start of the season was crystal clear. Top two in Conference X are promoted no matter what and possibly third would have been as well in a scenario that has now fallen away with VoL being confirmed as relegated from the LL. Looks like Whitburn and Syngenta are going to be promoted then. 

Unfortunately, looks like Armadale Thistle will miss out. Would have been good to see another former east superleague club promoted this season so clubs like that find their natural level as quickly as possible. There's talk on the Bo'ness United thread that Armadale have found a sponsor to bankroll a rise through the divisions in the years ahead. 

Last bullet point would indicate that VoL drop into EOSFL Premier and if Tranent don’t gain promotion in the playoff to LL, there will be a net gain. 3 then promoted from Conference X.

This is a mess made by the clubs so they can, if they wish, acknowledge that it needs sorting out by the up-coming AGM.

The all Lothians Conference "X" was always going to tempt fate re no new applicants from outside the Lothians let alone none from within the area. It was seen coming as a possibility but the issue was dodged - hoping new clubs would turn up. I hoped they would too but it's not the case and the EoS needs to deal with the situation straight away. It's the only thing that they've got wrong and they need to man-up and put it right as suggested in my previous post.

Don't care if you don't like it  folks. Deal with it.

Even the WoS is considering placing new clubs at the same level as the bottom layer of existing clubs.

Congratulations, by the way, to Blackburn United on battling hard and avoiding the drop! 

If Darvel win the playoffs it looks like the outcome next season is a 16-18-18-8 format. If Tranent win it will be a 16-16-18-9 setup. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but workable as long as no club goes into abeyance or folds outright.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

35 minutes ago, Dev said:

The all Lothians Conference "X" was always going to tempt fate re no new applicants from outside the Lothians let alone none from within the area. It was seen coming as a possibility but the issue was dodged - hoping new clubs would turn up.

The EoS has been up and running longer the WoS. No one was expecting a lot of applicants. Certainly not many that would meet membership standards.

35 minutes ago, Dev said:

This is a mess made by the clubs so they can, if they wish, acknowledge that it needs sorting out by the up-coming AGM.

Even the WoS is considering placing new clubs at the same level as the bottom layer of existing clubs.

The EoS made a clear graphic and explainer. It just hasn't been out in the public domain until now. Anyone actually involved in the running of a club have had the better part of a year to know exactly what they were playing for. It will also be resolved by 2023-24.

By comparison can you actually explain what's going to happen in the WoS next season? No. Why? Because nobody knows.

• 3rd & 4th Division or 3rd Division Conferences of an unknown make up.
  • Capping membership at 80, shutting out clubs from outside the pyramid.
  • Accepting all the existing 4th Division clubs and new applicants as actual members or not.
  • Are they saying clubs that don't meet ground criteria are ineligible for promotion or not.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Don't care if you don't like it  folks. Deal with it.

Not sure anyone cares that you don't like what the EoS clubs agreed to a year ago.  It won't change, deal with it.

Tell us about the WoS.

4 hours ago, Dev said:

The self same WOS that was an utter embarrassment this evening?

Maybe run along home and deal with the major issues your own wee village green league has before making a massive c**t of yourself over here.

Maybe run along home and deal with the major issues your own wee village green league has before making a massive c**t of yourself over here.
What happened?

1 minute ago, stulch said:
1 hour ago, drs said:

What happened?

Look on the WoSL forum. There are still crucial league games going on to determine relegation. One of them was tonight where Glenafton needed 3 points against an already relegated Blantyre. Looks like Blantyre only turned up with 7 or 8 players and were down to 6 players by HT when the game was abandoned. Glenafton pick up the 3 pts they need which could knock another team into the relegation zone. Amateur stuff.

Look on the WoSL forum. There are still crucial league games going on to determine relegation. One of them was tonight where Glenafton needed 3 points against an already relegated Blantyre. Looks like Blantyre only turned up with 7 or 8 players and were down to 6 players by HT when the game was abandoned. Glenafton pick up the 3 pts they need which could knock another team into the relegation zone. Amateur stuff.
Yeah, found it I was initially looking at two threads there that didn't go into the detail...

So now instead of completely over the top senior vs junior tribalism we have bizarre EoS vs WoS stuff for no apparent reason. Meanwhile back on topic:

Syngenta: Sat 21 Bathgate (a), Sat 28 Pumpherston (h) 66 pts, GD 61

Whitburn: Sat 21 Stoneyburn (h), Sat 28 Fauldhouse (a) 66 pts, GD 58

Bo'ness A: Fri 20 Armadale (a), Sat 28 Bathgate (h) 64 pts, GD 63

Armadale: Fri 20 Bo'ness A (h), Sat 28 Stoneyburn (a) 62 pts, GD 65

Edited by LongTimeLurker

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So now instead of completely over the top senior vs junior tribalism we have bizarre EoS vs WoS stuff for no apparent reason. Meanwhile back on topic:

Maybe it's bizarre because you have untold number of people blocked/ignored so can't keep up with everything.

As part of a post Dev said look at what the WoS are doing at the bottom. A number of posters went and looked then reacted. It's kind of how forums work. Nothing bizarre about it.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Syngenta: Sat 21 Bathgate (a), Sat 28 Pumpherston (h) 66 pts, GD 61

Whitburn: Sat 21 Stoneyburn (h), Sat 28 Fauldhouse (a) 66 pts, GD 58

Bo'ness A: Sat 21 Armadale (a), Sat 28 Bathgate (h) 64 pts, GD 63

Armadale: Sat 21 Bo'ness A (h), Sat 28 Stoneyburn (a) 62 pts, GD 65

Armadale v Bo'ness is Friday.