The Conference X Files 2021-22

I have long term wished to see how the game would change if we let the conceding team KO as soon as they wished.

Obviously not the current rule but then there is a reason 99% of teams who have just scored happen to have at least one player finding it very difficult to move the extra 10 yards to get over the centre line. 

Seems odd to have so many players back in their own half but not ready.

Big news for the top of the table.

Fauldhouse Utd played an ineligible player in their win over Armadale start of April. Result overturned and puts Armadale Th in with a shout having both Whitburn and Bo'ness Ath to play

image.png.03437fcaec804e0fffa8ac198607bbe5.png

21 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Big news for the top of the table.

Fauldhouse Utd played an ineligible player in their win over Armadale start of April. Result overturned and puts Armadale Th in with a shout having both Whitburn and Bo'ness Ath to play

image.png.03437fcaec804e0fffa8ac198607bbe5.png

Makes tomorrow even more interesting.

2-2 it finished at Volunteer Park 

This Whitburn team do not lie down,2-0 down and toiling.

Got one back with 15 mins to go,then another as the game drew to its conclusion.

Its In their and Syngenta's hands now.

Armadale v Bo'ness Athletic next week.

29 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

2-2 it finished at Volunteer Park 

This Whitburn team do not lie down,2-0 down and toiling.

Got one back with 15 mins to go,then another as the game drew to its conclusion.

Its In their and Syngenta's hands now.

Armadale v Bo'ness Athletic next week.

Ironic that the Armadale bench complained continually to the referee about offside decisions when they only won at Whitburn because of an incorrect offside decision.

I was surprised there weren't neutral linesman for a game like this.

3 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Ironic that the Armadale bench complained continually to the referee about offside decisions when they only won at Whitburn because of an incorrect offside decision.

I was surprised there weren't neutral linesman for a game like this.

Aye was thinking that maself shuggie........

Still would have took a point before the game and it was sweeter to get it after being 2 down.

Not bothered bout winning this one of ConferenceX,its all about finishing in the top 2 and getting promoted into a higher league in next season's EoSFL league system.

"In the event of a net gain of 1 club from the Lowland League (Vale of Leithen down, nobody up), the club finishing 14th in the Premier Division will also be relegated to the First Division; and the 8th-placed club with the better record in Conferences A & B will remain in the First Division; and the 3rd-placed club in Conference X will be among the clubs forming a new Second Division."

From Conference A thread.

3 hours ago, stulch said:

From Conference A thread.

Good news for the 3rd placed team. Elsewhere on the forum it's been said there are no new applicants for the EoS Leagues so it leaves a rump of just 8 clubs in the bottom division. Is an 8 team league even sustainable?

The suggestion that 3rd place in Conference X goes up in both a net loss and a net gain scenario seems a bit strange to me. 

I understand for a net loss to the LL and how it cascades up the divisions - an additional Conference A/B club goes up to keep the Premier at 16, the best 8th place goes up to keep the First at 16, and 3rd in Conference X goes up to keep the Second at 18.

But a net gain means an extra First Division side (17) - so you keep the best 8th place in the First and then promote 3rd in Conference X to keep the Second at 18? Or you just run 16-17-18-9? Strange how this hasn't been publicly confirmed before now.

There's only 2 games left in conference X, with promotion places probably going to the final game. Surely the East of Scotland should be clarifying the situation so that the 4 clubs involved know where they stand going into these games. Seems basic stuff to me.

I'm starting to get the impression that the East of Scotland has got too big for those running it to handle.

6 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

There's only 2 games left in conference X, with promotion places probably going to the final game. Surely the East of Scotland should be clarifying the situation so that the 4 clubs involved know where they stand going into these games. Seems basic stuff to me.

I'm starting to get the impression that the East of Scotland has got too big for those running it to handle.

People on P&B have just had a graphic to go by. The clubs have been given more detailed information which is where the above quote comes from. Plus the clubs involved would have had the chance to ask questions of the LL committee to clarify things.

If that hasn't been made clear to fans it's a failure of the EoS social media and the clubs themselves.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

That would make 16-18-18-8, I'd say going to 16-16-16-12 for the season after would be ideal (obviously can increase depending on new clubs joining etc).

Couldn't get my head round the net gain structure, so bloody simple when you have laid it out. Am getting to old to compute numbers it seems.

There has been a tweet in response to a question, though still not complete clarity. I suppose if the EOS want to avoid a 17 team first division if Darvel get promoted, then yes they'll need to promote 3rd place in Conference X. Though it then means a 8 team Third Division next season.

Edited by Ginaro

6 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Maybe you should ask your club rather than having a dig at the league.