The Conference X Files 2021-22

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I sensed an arrogance from you lot,that I was glad to see Whitburn wasted no time in getting stuck in about......

Going to the likes of Whitburn Armadale and Fauldhouse,you are gonna get a game,from what I saw Syngenta are a good side and have games in hand so probably are favourites for the title.

They just didnt fancy it when the going got tough yesterday and at Central Park in they kinda conditions with the pitch cutting up and the home fans on their backs they lost their edge.

Long way to go but its shaping up to be some league.

Ps,what's the script with Diamond,can only think hes off elsewhere....

Plus Dougie Hill is in the wrong job,he tried to outref the referee!!

Loved one Whitburn fans comment when he was being subbed near the end......"Mind give the ref back his whistle number 10"

Brilliant lol 😂🤣

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I sensed an arrogance from you lot,that I was glad to see Whitburn wasted no time in getting stuck in about......

Going to the likes of Whitburn Armadale and Fauldhouse,you are gonna get a game,from what I saw Syngenta are a good side and have games in hand so probably are favourites for the title.

They just didnt fancy it when the going got tough yesterday and at Central Park in they kinda conditions with the pitch cutting up and the home fans on their backs they lost their edge.

Long way to go but its shaping up to be some league.

Ps,what's the script with Diamond,can only think hes off elsewhere....

Plus Dougie Hill is in the wrong job,he tried to outref the referee!!

Loved one Whitburn fans comment when he was being subbed near the end......"Mind give the ref back his whistle number 10"

Brilliant lol 😂🤣

An arrogance ? Most teams unbeaten in the season will go to any away ground with the expectation of at least taking a point and possibly 3 . 

There's no arrogance in that team but there is an expectation . The boys have been exceptional and worked hard all season and should be applauded it took until December for them to finally drop 3 points! 

Anyone taking tinted spectacles off and looking at all chances missed and all descisions made yesterday would be hard pressed to disagree a draw would have been the correct result .

The poor ref on a hiding to nothing had a nightmare and although not affordable, linesmen should be there to assist them.  Last week both Armadale and Syngenta thought ref was biased and again yesterday both sides thought the same 🙈 . Who would be a ref eh , Without them we would be f*cked . 

As for Diamond it's a Shock at the moment and no one saw this coming,

Without Diamond I am certain we will Still take the Silver this season .

Onwards and upwards 🔝

L

As I said in an earlier post,I've no doubt from what I saw yesterday,that Syngenta will probably win the Conference .....

I'll be more than happy with Whitburn finishing 2nd for straight promotion or 3rd for a play-off.

Delighted however that it was us that stopped Syngenta's winning run on our patch,a venue where many a top side has taken a fall over the yrs..........

There wasn't much between the teams but disagree on the result,Whitburn did just enough and deserved to win.

8 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I'll be more than happy with Whitburn finishing 2nd for straight promotion or 3rd for a play-off.

The 3rd place promotion play-off is only there if the EOS loses a club to the LL, which would mean the unlikely scenario of Penicuik beating Auchinleck and [Bonnyrigg beating Elgin or VOL moving ahead of Gretna] (as it stands).

Edited by Ginaro

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

... or gains a club from LL e.g. Vale down, Auchinleck up.

Plus it's automatic, not playoff.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the divisions next season are 16 Premier, 16 First, 18 Second, 9 Third - so where does the extra club go? The graphic shows the Premier relegating a fifth club, but what happens below that - does the First or Second Division run with a club extra at 17 or 19, and then how does 3rd in Conference X go up?

8th place teams in conference A and B play a playoff to see who goes into the first division?
It depends on whether their is a net gain or loss to/from the Lowland League. If an EoSFL beats the WoSFL team in the end of season playoff AND a West or South team get relegated from the LL there would be a net loss in the EoSFL and an extra team required in the Premier and consequently the First Division.

25 minutes ago, dazzabee said:

8th place teams in conference A and B play a playoff to see who goes into the first division?

I think it's only the 2nd Placed Conference teams that might have a playoff.

With the middle of the Conference it's down to record. Certainly on the Fixture List they only marked the dates as being a Playoff for promotion the Premier Division.

Saturday 18th December 2021
Bo'ness Athletic P-P Fauldhouse United
Livingston United 1-5 Whitburn
Pumpherston 2-3 Bathgate Thistle

Syngenta 4-1 Edinburgh College
West Calder United 1-6 Armadale Thistle

Whitburn go top for Christmas. Bo'ness was fogbound.

Due to the Christmas break there are no more games until 3 weeks time; except for the New Year derbies which have ended up here, there and everywhere. So with 57% of games completed a good opportunity to reflect on the standings.

Whitburn lead by 2pts from Bo'ness Athletic, 3pts from Syngenta and 4pts from Armadale. Syngenta have advantage of couple of games in hand. It's clearly between these 4 for the 2 or 3 slots in the new Second Division. Bathgate's win at Pumpherston today drops latter into 'wooden spoon' position.

815931218_E1XJul17.JPG.8ebb9e2724ef3277f795f49aa2d3c413.JPG

West Calder United 1 – 6 Armadale Thistle (half-time: 0-4)

An emphatic win for Armadale Thistle today at Hermand Park, home of West Calder United. 

West Calder started the game brightly but it was Armadale that took the lead on 12 minutes after Robbie Feeney was up-ended in the box.  He took the kick, which was initially well saved, however he made no mistake in netting the rebound.  Armadale doubled their lead a few minutes later as young Tomas Brady rifled a long range shot low into the net to score his fourth goal of the season.  It was deflected on the line by a Cauther defender but it was netbound anyway.

Two quickly became three around the 20 minute mark after Armadale won a free kick on the halfway line.  Donnelly fired this towards the edge of the box.  Scott Dalziel took it on his chest about 25 yards from goal, and with a pirouette to make space he smashed an unstoppable shot past the outstretched keeper into the top corner of the net.

Colin 'Coco' Strickland added a fourth goal just before the interval with a well-placed low shot into the bottom left-hand corner.

The second half started slowly but Armadale would eventually add to their lead around the 65 minute mark.  A mix up in the West Calder box ended up with an indirect free kick being awarded when the keeper handled a back pass.  Tomas Brady smartly smashed the lay-off under the wall to make it 5-0.  The home side replied almost immediately with a lovely long-range strike from the hard-working number 8.  Connor Shaw in the Armadale goal got a good right hand to it but there was too much power on the shot to keep it out.

Robbie Feeney began and ended the scoring when he lashed Armadale’s sixth into the net from a sharp angle following some great link up play between JJ Henderson and Scott Dalziel.

17 hours ago, The Goth Clock said:

West Calder United 1 – 6 Armadale Thistle (half-time: 0-4)

An emphatic win for Armadale Thistle today at Hermand Park, home of West Calder United. 

West Calder started the game brightly but it was Armadale that took the lead on 12 minutes after Robbie Feeney was up-ended in the box.  He took the kick, which was initially well saved, however he made no mistake in netting the rebound.  Armadale doubled their lead a few minutes later as young Tomas Brady rifled a long range shot low into the net to score his fourth goal of the season.  It was deflected on the line by a Cauther defender but it was netbound anyway.

Two quickly became three around the 20 minute mark after Armadale won a free kick on the halfway line.  Donnelly fired this towards the edge of the box.  Scott Dalziel took it on his chest about 25 yards from goal, and with a pirouette to make space he smashed an unstoppable shot past the outstretched keeper into the top corner of the net.

Colin 'Coco' Strickland added a fourth goal just before the interval with a well-placed low shot into the bottom left-hand corner.

The second half started slowly but Armadale would eventually add to their lead around the 65 minute mark.  A mix up in the West Calder box ended up with an indirect free kick being awarded when the keeper handled a back pass.  Tomas Brady smartly smashed the lay-off under the wall to make it 5-0.  The home side replied almost immediately with a lovely long-range strike from the hard-working number 8.  Connor Shaw in the Armadale goal got a good right hand to it but there was too much power on the shot to keep it out.

Robbie Feeney began and ended the scoring when he lashed Armadale’s sixth into the net from a sharp angle following some great link up play between JJ Henderson and Scott Dalziel.

How is Ruari getting on at the Dale? Great to see Coco regularly on the scoresheet.

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

How is Ruari getting on at the Dale? Great to see Coco regularly on the scoresheet.

Ruari has started fairly well and looks like a great addition to the team / squad.  I'm pleased (and I'm not alone) with what I have seen so far, and I am sure there is more to come.  As for Coco, he does score a lot of goals, and long may that continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 28th December 2021
Stoneyburn 1-0 West Calder United

Wednesday 29th December 2021
Livingston United 2-3 Pumpherston (at Dunipace)

Stoneyburn made merry amid Christmas holiday football - by my reckoning the first EOS game played on a weekday afternoon in many, many years - to rise to 7th by their derby win over West Calder, before crowd of 200+. Pumpherston came back against Livingston Utd in their local derby, at Denny, tonight - reaching 9th.

1378782523_E1XJul17.JPG.9c61d41119db381c18b35a7692bbe9dc.JPG

However these games are just the aperitif, with a main course of top end action still due on New Year's Day, as Syngenta host Bo'ness Athletic and Armadale host Bathgate in their local derby... on holiday Monday afternoon leader Whitburn's derby at home to Fauldhouse the dessert.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tuesday 28th December 2021
Stoneyburn 1-0 West Calder United

Wednesday 29th December 2021
Livingston United 2-3 Pumpherston (at Dunipace)

Stoneyburn made merry amid Christmas holiday football - by my reckoning the first EOS game played on a weekday afternoon in many, many years - to rise to 7th by their derby win over West Calder, before crowd of 200+. Pumpherston came back against Livingston Utd in their local derby, at Denny, tonight - reaching 9th.

1378782523_E1XJul17.JPG.9c61d41119db381c18b35a7692bbe9dc.JPG

However these games are just the aperitif, with a main course of top end action still due on New Year's Day, as Syngenta host Bo'ness Athletic and Armadale host Bathgate in their local derby... on holiday Monday afternoon leader Whitburn's derby at home to Fauldhouse the dessert.

Syngenta v Bo’ness off due to covid 

I have saw Livingston 4-5 times now this season, they were exciting to watch at the start of the season but now they seem disjointed and rudderless, captain sent off 2 games in a row, nothing constructive coming from the dugout, they really need to turn things around just to stay mid table.

Armadale Thistle 4-0 Bathgate Thistle

Armadale emerged comfortable victors in this local derby, which was the first EOS fixture played on New Year's Day in as long as anybody can remember. Indeed it was 1 of only 3 games to go ahead across the entire nation - alongside Caledonian Braves v Broomhill and the university derby moved to Spartans - whereas in days gone by New Year's Day on a Saturday would have been the biggest day of the domestic season. Doubt you'll ever again be able to say that Armadale was the biggest New Year football attraction in all of Scotland.

There was a big crowd present, for an encounter played on a heavy pitch which didn't cut-up as badly as early impressions might have anticipated. After early exchanges the hosts struck with a powerful header after a fine cross from the left, then doubled their lead when a close range effort was struck home after mis-hitting the initial attempt. HT 2-0. After the break it was initially more of a mix as both sides had spells of pressure and forced some saves. However the hosts ultimately took the game by the scruff of the neck again, and struck twice more - an impressive effort whacked in from the edge of the box, and a lovely goal rifled home after some delicate interchange down the right wing. FT 4-0.

Saturday 1st January 2022
Armadale Thistle 4-0 Bathgate Thistle
Syngenta V-V Bo'ness Athletic

1990333753_E1XJul17.JPG.ed6b15993e292d522e9ac896aa362a2a.JPG

Important win for Armadale who vault from 4th into 2nd. Early pacesetters Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta now both find themselves playing catch-up in this increasingly dramatic race.

Whitburn seek to draw further clear on holiday Monday afternoon in their own derby at home to Fauldhouse.

Armadale Thistle 4 – 0 Bathgate Thistle (HT 2-0)

Armadale started strongly and took a well deserved lead on just 4 minutes.  Calum Rogers swung in a superb cross from the left which was met by Scott Dalziel, who rose like the proverbial salmon to crash a majestic header into the top corner of Bathgate’s goal.  Armadale doubled their lead on 10 minutes as another cross into the box found an unmarked Robbie Feeney at the back post.  He required two goes at it but his shot deflected off a Bathgate defender and ended up in the back of the net.

The second half was more of the same with Armadale firmly in control and the third goal came on 55 minutes.  Stuart 'Stoogsy' McLeod won a duel in his own half and turned and drove over the halfway line.  Colin 'Coco' Strickland took possession and laid on a fantastic through ball for Robbie Feeney, who stepped inside to get the ball onto his right foot and he smashed an unstoppable shot past the Bathgate keeper.

The Dale added a fourth just after the hour mark following some superb passing down the right wing.  Scott Dalziel laid it off to Colin Strickland, who in turn moved it on to the unmarked JJ Henderson, who drove a low shot into the net from 10 yards.

Man of the Match: Stuart 'Stoogsy' McLeod

Attendance: 380