The Conference X Files 2021-22

In the scheme of things, the Manager at Fauldhouse did not last that long in his post.

I do wonder if the powers at be at the club regret not coming over to the EoS when the main body of teams came over three seasons ago. Who knows if they would have settled better and had a place in the Premier League right now?

Saturday 28th August 2021
Livingston United v Fauldhouse United

Syngenta v Stoneyburn was due to be a Friday night football encounter tomorrow evening, but has been cancelled on compassionate grounds following the passing of Stoneyburn's secretary.

Terribly sad situation at the untimely age of only 42:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/tributes-paid-west-lothian-football-24819331

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/one-of-the-good-guys-tributes-to-west-lothian-football-clubs-secretary-who-dies-aged-42-3356563

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/tributes-popular-hearts-fan-true-21376801

29 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

In the scheme of things, the Manager at Fauldhouse did not last that long in his post.

I do wonder if the powers at be at the club regret not coming over to the EoS when the main body of teams came over three seasons ago. Who knows if they would have settled better and had a place in the Premier League right now?

I'm sure they do, no doubt they would have qualified for or been very close to the EOS Premier in the first season.

Not a good idea to criticise JC though...

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure they do, no doubt they would have qualified for or been very close to the EOS Premier in the first season.

Not a good idea to criticise JC though...

Certainly wouldn’t criticise the big man! One of his best features, for me, was coming on regularly to P&B. We all knew who he was and I for one, liked his honesty. I miss him around this scene 👍

Saturday 4th September 2021
Bathgate Thistle V-V Armadale Thistle
Edinburgh College V-V Syngenta (3pm)
Fauldhouse United v Whitburn
Pumpherston v Livingston United

"Derby day" on Saturday.

Hopefully good crowds turn-out, being an international break and Scotland not playing until 7:45pm.

West Calder v Stoneyburn was already cancelled on compassionate grounds.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Saturday 4th September 2021
Bathgate Thistle V-V Armadale Thistle
Edinburgh College V-V Syngenta (3pm)
Fauldhouse United 0-9 (nine) Whitburn
Pumpherston 1-1 Livingston United

Ultimately only 2 games survived.

Pumpherston and Livi Utd drew, while Fauldhouse's descent continued as they were devastated at home v local rival Whitburn.

647287223_E1XJul17.JPG.1225ae602696fdd545acf9c21343cda1.JPG

2 hours ago, PastyMan said:

Fauldhouse United unable to raise a team for this weekend's Challenge Cup match at Preston Athletic.
The FB post says "postponed"

Assume some players left with the manager and they used a few trialists in the last league game that they can't use in the cup. Perhaps also Covid though as someone said on Twitter they have an U20s team to use as well...

Edited by Ginaro

Edinburgh College 3 v 6 Dalkeith Thistle , after extra time. Good cup tie with EC grabbing a last minute equaliser to make it 3 v 3 and take the tie into extra time. With covid problems nearly finished and 8 main players out with injury, EC were forced to field a few U20s boys to fulfil the tie. New boys EC haven’t been able to put out their strongest side since beginning of season , not ideal for a new club trying to find their feet in tough league.