The Conference X Files 2021-22

According to the fans pages on FB sounds like the club is in some disarray with talk of some players away and wholesale changes in committee.

The issue is surely deep rooted and has its beginnings in the failure of the club to see the Junior game was all but gone years ago. Several opportunities to move to the EoSFL and a higher tier than the club now occupy were snubbed for no logical reason - a previous manager saw the sense in it and was all but pleading for it to happen, despite his own initial scepticism.

Small town thinking only has one short term result and it’s what Fauldhouse are suffering from now. It’s how they address the mid to long term that is key now, and history says there is little vision within their club to see them do so effectively.

Of course, the same can be said of the rest of the West Lothian Junior diehards - all behind the new boys of Bo’ness Athletic and Syngenta and barely better than the Edinburgh College boys, if at all. No one to blame but themselves though.

10 hours ago, PastyMan said:
11 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:
Are the players follow suit? I heard a lot of the players were from the west. You’d hope they’d stay and fulfil their potential as it’s a more than decent squad.

According to the fans pages on FB sounds like the club is in some disarray with talk of some players away and wholesale changes in committee.

What is happening at the club? I've never known things to be as bad as this. The same happened to us last year.

On 18/08/2021 at 19:07, Vollyman said:

Scandalous the East of Scotland knew the dates yet went ahead and issued these fixtures God help Scottish football when these idiots are running the game...

Then put in motions at the next EoS AGM to change the rulebook and try to replace the present set of officeholders and fixture secretary. The vast majority of EoS clubs are now from a recent SJFA background and most only joined the EoS reluctantly. If a majority want to prioritise mandatory SJC participation over the SCC in future it can happen. If it turns out there is no appetite for that maybe accept times have moved on and go with the flow.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

45 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then put in motions at the next EoS AGM to change the rulebook and try to replace the present set of officeholders and fixture secretary. The vast majority of EoS clubs are now from a recent SJFA background and most only joined the EoS reluctantly. If a majority want to prioritise mandatory SJC participation over the SCC in future it can happen. If it turns out there is no appetite for that maybe accept times have moved on and go with the flow.

Another wee dig maybe time for you to move on as well despite being supposedly pro pyramid :lol:

11 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

The issue is surely deep rooted and has its beginnings in the failure of the club to see the Junior game was all but gone years ago. Several opportunities to move to the EoSFL and a higher tier than the club now occupy were snubbed for no logical reason - a previous manager saw the sense in it and was all but pleading for it to happen, despite his own initial scepticism.

Small town thinking only has one short term result and it’s what Fauldhouse are suffering from now. It’s how they address the mid to long term that is key now, and history says there is little vision within their club to see them do so effectively.

Of course, the same can be said of the rest of the West Lothian Junior diehards - all behind the new boys of Bo’ness Athletic and Syngenta and barely better than the Edinburgh College boys, if at all. No one to blame but themselves though.

We are a small town, the village of Fauldhouse. Nothing wrong with that. For the size of the village we have done not too bad until recently, and have held our own against bigger clubs like Bathgate  Whitburn and Armadale. Something has gone wrong in the last couple of years though and we deserve to be told what.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I believe that clubs who became members of the East of Scotland league this year are not allowed a vote at next year’s AGM. The SJFA are to invite all clubs above tier 5 (tier 6 upwards) to enter the Scottish Junior Cup next year providing a national cup competition for pyramid clubs hopefully better liaison can be achieved by the various associations

7 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I believe that clubs who became members of the East of Scotland league this year are not allowed a vote at next year’s AGM....

Think full membership kicks in after 12 months, which I always took to mean from the next AGM onwards but you may well be correct. Worth reading the constitution very carefully to figure out what you can and can't do where the next AGM is concerned.

30 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I believe that clubs who became members of the East of Scotland league this year are not allowed a vote at next year’s AGM. The SJFA are to invite all clubs above tier 5 (tier 6 upwards) to enter the Scottish Junior Cup next year providing a national cup competition for pyramid clubs hopefully better liaison can be achieved by the various associations

Do you think the 70+ clubs in tier 6/7/8 who are not taking part in the Junior Cup this year will accept such an invite? If not what do you think can be done with finances and rules to get them to join?

53 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Do you think the 70+ clubs in tier 6/7/8 who are not taking part in the Junior Cup this year will accept such an invite? If not what do you think can be done with finances and rules to get them to join?

53 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Rules which include travel costs, share of gate receipts are already in place for the Scottish Junior Cup. There are 106 clubs participating in this years competition which is sponsored by Macron I would expect invited clubs to be made aware of the rules. The decision to participate is then up to each invited club

Edited by Vollyman

15 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

I think you should keep your comments to the end of the season and note that Armadale. defeated Bo’ness on Tuesday night and are leading Edinburgh College today 4-0 after 27 minutes. Syngenta are a good side and seem to have good sponsorship good luck to them but we will continue to challenge them still a lot of football to be played.

Friday 20th August 2021
Bo'ness Athletic 5-1 Bathgate Thistle

Saturday 21st August 2021
Edinburgh College 0-5 Armadale Thistle
Pumpherston 1-4 Whitburn

No surprise results as Bo'ness Athletic, Armadale and Whitburn all posted convincing wins. Overall some daylight has now opened between top 4 and the rest - much as it had below Syngenta.

361672793_E1XJul17.JPG.f167cb1fa06f46b0609c0938a6b15d69.JPG

23 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Rules which include travel costs, share of gate receipts are already in place for the Scottish Junior Cup. There are 106 clubs participating in this years competition which is sponsored by Macron I would expect invited clubs to be made aware of the rules. The decision to participate is then up to each invited club

I'm aware of the rules and no doubt so are most of the clubs in the pyramid who don't take part, given they were previously SJFA members. My question was do you think these clubs will come back and play in the cup if they are invited?

Some will not be too bothered about returning as they can lose money from playing in the cup - especially smaller clubs at home where the crowd doesn't cover the officials and guarantee.  I doubt that fans at Whitehills v Arthurlie covered the £310 guarantee + £55 referee, and Coupar Angus are unlikely to have much left from the gate of ~50 fans after paying Yoker's £170 + the ref.

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I'm aware of the rules and no doubt so are most of the clubs in the pyramid who don't take part, given they were previously SJFA members. My question was do you think these clubs will come back and play in the cup if they are invited?

Some will not be too bothered about returning as they can lose money from playing in the cup - especially smaller clubs at home where the crowd doesn't cover the officials and guarantee.  I doubt that fans at Whitehills v Arthurlie covered the £310 guarantee + £55 referee, and Coupar Angus are unlikely to have much left from the gate of ~50 fans after paying Yoker's £170 + the ref.

Sorry I do not possess a crystal ball all I can say is clubs accepted these rules for decades, btw is it the situation in the East of Scotland that  in cup tie games the home team retains the gate money and the away team receives nothing but has to pay half the referee,s fee.?This could cost some of the clubs who carry a big away support and who are unlucky enough to be drawn away in several cup ties in a season a fair bit of money

16 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Sorry I do not possess a crystal ball all I can say is clubs accepted these rules for decades, btw is it the situation in the East of Scotland that  in cup tie games the home team retains the gate money and the away team receives nothing but has to pay half the referee,s fee.?This could cost some of the clubs who carry a big away support and who are unlucky enough to be drawn away in several cup ties in a season a fair bit of money

As far as i'm aware that's still the case. It was raised on here as a point back in 2018 and a few times since. Much like the Junior Cup rules it has yet to change.

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

No, the home clubs keeps the gate receipts but pays all referee/assistant costs.

If the SJFA think tier 5 clubs and below will play in the Junior Cup they're deluded, that competition is only headed one way.  The Scottish Cup and the South Challenge Cup are the primary cup competitions, and I don't think there is much appetite to add a second national competition to the calendar which can cost clubs considerable amounts of money if they get a bad draw.

None of this was an issue when the vast majority of clubs moved over to the EoS, it only seems to have reared its head when the final handful of Junior diehards had to move.

Maybe the South Challenge Cup and Junior Cup will merge at some point in the future, but the issue of clubs being left out of pocket to compete needs addressed.