The Conference X Files 2021-22

Whitburn 4 v 0 Edinburgh College

A much better E.C performance  against Whitburn compared to the first meeting, especially the 1st half 0 v 0.  With E.C already 6 men out & including a few U20's and not including the 2 guys involved in an car accident on the M8 rushing thru for a 7.15pm kick off.  Best to write this one off and move onto Saturday's Bathgate game and continue with their vast improvement. 

Tuesday 10th August 2021
Whitburn 4-0 Edinburgh College

Whitburn now breathing down leaders necks.

1378795638_E1XJul17.JPG.0afc4308a26b8734c81c66ed7101a070.JPG

Saturday 14th August 2021
Bathgate Thistle v Edinburgh College
Fauldhouse United v West Calder United
Pumpherston v Bo'ness Athletic
Syngenta v Armadale Thistle
Whitburn v Stoneyburn

Syngenta v Armadale is tomorrow's big ticket item in Conference X.

Bo'ness will be keen for points away to Pumpherston while at the bottom Bathgate and Edinburgh College seek another win.

Saturday 14th August 2021
Bathgate Thistle 3-1 Edinburgh College
Fauldhouse United 3-4 West Calder United
Pumpherston 2-7 Bo'ness Athletic
Syngenta 2-0 Armadale Thistle
Whitburn 3-2 Stoneyburn

1499195609_E1XJul17.JPG.aeb5aa14868d4f9bb3775e717715f534.JPG

Syngenta, Bo'ness Athletic and Whitburn all won again. West Calder followed suit as did Bathgate who vault up the table.

Stoneyburn are still searching for their first victory.

Various people were telling me before the season began that Fauldhouse was among the favourites to win this conference but their difficult start continues and they have 5pts from possible 18 and sit 3rd-bottom above Edinburgh College and Stoneyburn. Indeed they haven't won since opening day.

Wheels come off or was that always an exaggeration?

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Money talks. Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta appear to have spent wisely.

The Hoose must regret their decision not to leave the Juniors earlier with the BU's, Linlithgow Rose etc.

I've remembered their manager - Mackay? - was on a podcast during pre-season complaining over not being allowed to go West (where he felt the competition would be higher standard), and explaining their plan was now for back-to-back promotions to reach EOS Premier as quickly as possible. So obviously fairly concrete hopes along those lines are harboured.

Tbf still got 80% of league season to come, so not like 10pt deficit is insurmountable.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Money talks. Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta appear to have spent wisely.

The Hoose must regret their decision not to leave the Juniors earlier with the BU's, Linlithgow Rose etc.

The game between syngenta and Bo'ness Ath should be a belter of a match.

Syngenta unbeaten look like favourites but can you discount Bo'ness after losing the opening game they've taken 7 goals of fauldhouse, Whitburn and Pumpherston plus 9 off St.Andrews.

Looks like their biggest problem will be keeping hold of their strikers 

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I've remembered their manager - Mackay? - was on a podcast during pre-season complaining over not being allowed to go West (where he felt the competition would be higher standard), and explaining their plan was now for back-to-back promotions to reach EOS Premier as quickly as possible. So obviously fairly concrete hopes along those lines are harboured.

Tbf still got 80% of league season to come, so not like 10pt deficit is insurmountable.

Mackie. The manager was very bullish pre season, all his signings were ex SPFL stars from the West. For me Syngenta are the surprise package, Bo'ness Ath already looked to have potentiial last season. I thought Whitburn, Armadale and West Calder would be tough nuts to crack too

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

Mackie. The manager was very bullish pre season, all his signings were ex SPFL stars from the West. For me Syngenta are the surprise package, Bo'ness Ath already looked to have potentiial last season. I thought Whitburn, Armadale and West Calder would be tough nuts to crack too

Syngetna are no surprise the amount of money they throw at it.

15 hours ago, changeisneeded said:

The game between syngenta and Bo'ness Ath should be a belter of a match.

Syngenta unbeaten look like favourites but can you discount Bo'ness after losing the opening game they've taken 7 goals of fauldhouse, Whitburn and Pumpherston plus 9 off St.Andrews.

Looks like their biggest problem will be keeping hold of their strikers 

Boness v Syngenta 9th October 

6 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Syngetna are no surprise the amount of money they throw at it.

Having played both , Syngenta spray the ball about really well from back to front, Boness have the better strike power the boy Sinclair having scored 16 already constantly scoring hatricks  so i reckon Boness will shade it.

39 minutes ago, Pumphyman said:

Having played both , Syngenta spray the ball about really well from back to front, Boness have the better strike power the boy Sinclair having scored 16 already constantly scoring hatricks  so i reckon Boness will shade it.

Definitely looks to be between them 2. Although whitburn will have something to say about that 

2 hours ago, Pumphyman said:

Boness v Syngenta 9th October 

Which is October international weekend. Then return game Syngenta v Bo'ness Athletic is on New Year's Day. Those encounters could draw very good crowds.

23 minutes ago, changeisneeded said:

Im sure both have beaten whitburn already 

Conference X play 3 times of course so an extra round of games to recover any ground lost early-doors.

On 09/08/2021 at 16:39, Ginaro said:

To answer my own question, Fauldhouse and Livi have been moved to the following Saturday and West Calder's cup game to midweek. Bathgate still down as playing on the Friday night, next day they are at home to Vale of Leven in the Junior Cup...

Final update to my own question - it would seem that Bathgate have withdrawn from the Junior Cup as they are still down to play Bo'ness on Friday and Vale of Leven's website has it listed as a walkover.

Edited by Ginaro

Entertaining game at Pumphy tonight. Finished 2-2. Thought Pumphy deserved the 3 points but good game to watch. Ref lost the plot 2nd half by sending off fauldhouse player. Not got a clue why. 2 more seemingly followed after final whistle. Seen the ref at a few games and he’s been hopeless at everyone. 

42 minutes ago, Rossi1990 said:

Entertaining game at Pumphy tonight. Finished 2-2. Thought Pumphy deserved the 3 points but good game to watch. Ref lost the plot 2nd half by sending off fauldhouse player. Not got a clue why. 2 more seemingly followed after final whistle. Seen the ref at a few games and he’s been hopeless at everyone. 

I only saw one Craig Johnston getting sent off but then mibbie after that there was. First red havent a clue why he got sent off.But it was an entertaining game like you said.

1 hour ago, Pumphyman said:

I only saw one Craig Johnston getting sent off but then mibbie after that there was. First red havent a clue why he got sent off.But it was an entertaining game like you said.

Seen the ref flash 2 reds one for the no 10 but no idea who else for. Pumphy are a strange team this season. Seen them a few times now. Always find it weird they sub their captain no 8 Mikey? every game even though he’s their best player most games when he’s playing