The Conference X Files 2021-22

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Will be at Station park today in the Dean's area of Livingston,my 1st time watching Whitburn competitively for a good number of yrs,due to Covid and not being interested because they were still flouncing about the well that was junior fitba...

Different story today however,glorious day outside,a few sherbets in the Saltire pre match and Whitburns 1st game in the EoSFL.....,bring it on !!!!

Enjoy your day 👍

Golden debut for Diamond.

Students "taught lesson".

Saturday 17th July
Bathgate Thistle 1-3 Syngenta
Bo'ness Athletic 0-1 West Calder United
Edinburgh College 1-4 Pumpherston
Fauldhouse United 2-1 Stoneyburn
Livingston United 0-2 Whitburn

806444133_E1XJul17.JPG.3d794432b785a2346bf2c304fe40099c.JPG

Golden debut for Diamond.

Students "taught lesson".

Saturday 17th July
Bathgate Thistle 1-3 Syngenta
Bo'ness Athletic 0-1 West Calder United
Edinburgh College 1-4 Pumpherston
Fauldhouse United 2-1 Stoneyburn
Livingston United 0-2 Whitburn

806444133_E1XJul17.JPG.3d794432b785a2346bf2c304fe40099c.JPG

Bo’ness Athletic getting beat is a bit of a surprise? Had some gone results in pre season

13 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Bo’ness Athletic getting beat is a bit of a surprise? Had some gone results in pre season

I wouldnt underestimate West Calder this season theyve made some good signings they have another big test on Wednesday against Armadale Th who must be favourites for going up.

Edinburgh College will take a few games to find their feet.  They are a very young unexperienced side at this level, basically a bunch of  strangers still working out how to play alongside each other with hardly a pre season together. Go luck for the season ahead boys.

19 minutes ago, Nittenrab said:

Edinburgh College will take a few games to find their feet.  They are a very young unexperienced side at this level, basically a bunch of  strangers still working out how to play alongside each other with hardly a pre season together. Go luck for the season ahead boys.

The passed the ball about well and were springing 40 yard diagonal passes, need a bit more fire power up front but as you say theyre just getting used to playing with each other being a new side. 

Edited by Pumphyman

Regarding Edinburgh College is their squad exclusively made up of current students or do they do also use some alumni/players with no links to the college? The number for some of the other clubs affiliated with educational institutions is a 75/25 split iirc.

Edited by GNU_Linux

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Regarding Edinburgh College is their squad exclusively made up of current students or do they do also use some alumni/players with no links to the college? The number for some of the other clubs affiliated with educational institutions is a 75/25 split iirc.

Its a good set up at the College with all the backing  staff  like physios etc from the college. The squad is not exclusively students but a few are ex students.  It being run as any normal football club with open doors but with added bonus of the experienced College staff.  Their philosophy  is play the passing game but as we all know it may well not win games but I suppose it better than humping it.

31 minutes ago, Nittenrab said:

Its a good set up at the College with all the backing  staff  like physios etc from the college. The squad is not exclusively students but a few are ex students.  It being run as any normal football club with open doors but with added bonus of the experienced College staff.  Their philosophy  is play the passing game but as we all know it may well not win games but I suppose it better than humping it.

Newtongrange have some set up with the camera filming the game. Absolutely brilliant footage 

On 17/07/2021 at 17:20, whitburn exile said:

Whitburn start with a 2-0 victory over Livingston. How did we play?

Dominant display from Whitburn from start to finish,took until 15 mins to go before the game was put to bed though.

A few players out for various reasons,hard to judge but a wins a win,especially as it was such a historic game .

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

They aren't all College students as far as i heard

9 minutes ago, buboy said:
13 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
Bo'ness Athletic 3 Whitburn 0 after only 11 minutes thanks to a Tiwi Daramola hat-trick. #Rapid

Parasites

Now 6-0 Boness Athletic Athletic down to 10 men 

Edited by coach92

First 2 games I have been to in the professional setup and in both games there has been no linesmen or even officials from each team running the line.
I was all for my team (Whitburn) going senior but it's very unprofessional. Surely in senior football you should have linesmen