vs Luxembourg

Donathan

I think this would be the perfect match to test out McTominay, Gilmour and McGinn in the middle together. They are arguably our best centre mids and may be a taster of the future of our midfield, if not for the Euros.

You never know, they might be an instant hit, and force Clarke's hand.

7 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Why the f**k would you play McTominay at CB now?

He can progress the ball well into midfield and is more likely to get the space and time playing deeper, a bit like Tierney. It also means we can pick one fewer centre-back, which remains our weakest position.

You know the film The Perfect Storm? Well we just drove through that to get to Lux and it's caught up with us now. Should be dry Sunday apparently.

Any recommendations for beering pre match? I think we're staying 5 minutes walk away.

I don’t think you’ll find many near the ground but there’s a Scottish pub (interestingly named ‘Scott’s Pub’) about half an hour walk away by the river.

Place D’Armes is the main square and about 10mins closer. More restaurants than bars but loads of tables outside in the square for a beer if it’s dry.

Fun Fact - Daniel da Mota will equal Luxembourg's cap record of 101 if he plays on Sunday  Current holder is Mario Mutsch.  Also, 9/11 happened on da Mota's 16th birthday.

Fun Fact - Daniel da Mota will equal Luxembourg's cap record of 101 if he plays on Sunday  Current holder is Mario Mutsch.  Also, 9/11 happened on da Mota's 16th birthday.
You can't beat a fun fact that includes a 9/11 reference IMO

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You can't beat a fun fact that includes a 9/11 reference IMO

Was 3 days before my 16th birthday too.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He can progress the ball well into midfield and is more likely to get the space and time playing deeper, a bit like Tierney. It also means we can pick one fewer centre-back, which remains our weakest position.

With Jack injured our weakest position is central defensive midfielder

I hope people can see past the result of this match as it isn't important. The team seems to be ready for the tournament so this game seems to be ideal for fitness and maybe testing contingency plans. The things I'll be looking for are:

• Minutes for the players who need them. (Marshall, O'Donnell, Patterson, Hanley, Fraser and maybe Forrest)
  • First cap for Patterson.
  • Some involvement for the players who never played on Wednesday (McTominay, McGinn, Adams)
  • I'd like to see Adams or Dykes or both score.

The midfield tweaks worked pretty well on Wednesday and the defence looked pretty good .

It will be interesting to see if someone comes in for Jack Hendry because I'm not sure who in the squad really covers his position other than Scott McTominay. It therefore wouldn't surprise me if Scott McTominay played right centre back today even though Steve Clark already ruled it out although I would rather see him in the midfield. 

On 03/06/2021 at 06:56, Donathan said:

Hopefully the self-isolating 6 can get a run out (Fleck will still be out though) but other than that, time to get our key players wrapped up in cotton wool

Marshall

Hanley-Gallagher-McKenna

O’Donnell-McTominay-Gilmour-Taylor

McGinn-Fraser

Adams

Mctominay  Mcginn Fraser and Adams are key players 

Edited by Binos

13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I’m expecting Nisbet to come on and score again.

I'm expecting Nisbet to come on and score against England but realise I'm getting carried away with myself 

On 04/06/2021 at 09:24, ewan14 said:

With Jack injured our weakest position is central defensive midfielder

I think this is the reason McTominay played in a back 3,it's not natural for the midfielders we have to track runners they always pass them on.
All the midfielders we have available are better with the ball without the ball they all need to get better.

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think this is the reason McTominay played in a back 3,it's not natural for the midfielders we have to track runners they always pass them on.

That is why we do not do well in the finals