vs Luxembourg

Donathan

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

To get the best out of him, McTominay needs the freedom to drive forward, which he wouldn't have in most games if he starts deepest. It's one of the main reasons we miss Ryan Jack more than we really should.

Totally agree. But given the options, I think Hendry at right centre back and McTominay in midfield is a better bet.  Of course, if McGregor actually got his arse in gear, the discussion would be redundant. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's about getting minutes into legs and getting as good a result as possible. 

Well you're not going to get as good a result as possible like this, are you?

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Well you're not going to get as good a result as possible like this, are you?

I'm fairly sure we're winning m8.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Dykes and Tierney have played well enough.
The rest look like they can’t be fucked. 

I don’t really see the issue with that tbh.

Minutes into players, ideally win and don’t pick up any injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

To get the best out of him, McTominay needs the freedom to drive forward which he wouldn't have in most games if he starts deepest. It's one of the main reasons we miss Ryan Jack more than we really should.

Disagree.

Anytime I've seen McTominay advanced  he's been shite. Get the best performance from him in CDM or RCB.

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Pre season friendly sending off rules should apply and a sub allowed after the ref has a polite word with both coaches.

That's exactly what we were just saying, get it back to 11 v's 11, this is no use for Clarke. Either that or get the kids (Paterson, Turnbull, Gilmour) on to make a name for themselves.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah. A half arsed performance should still be enough. Let’s give the back up guys a chance to see what they can do.  Starting with Pat(t)erson, Gilmour and Turnbull.  And McLaughlin for shits and giggles. 

Edited by Savage Henry

I can't say I'm worried about the issues some are complaining about. I'm expecting Hendry & Cooper to start against the Czechs, which gives us another ball playing defender and helps the midfield.

I'd also expect Christie to start in place of Dykes, which allows McGinn to push forward and gets more out of him.

We're less than dynamic in central midfield just now but should be capable of making it difficult to play through us against better sides.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You also want to see a bit of shape and system - and that's been lacking.

3 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Disagree.

Anytime I've seen McTominay advanced  he's been shite. Get the best performance from him in CDM or RCB.

I didn't say play him advanced. I said he needs freedom to drive forward from deep. If he's our main defensive midfielder that will leave us open and clearly isn't what Clarke is looking for in that position. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

We're less than dynamic in central midfield just now but should be capable of making it difficult to play through us against better sides.

We looked better in the middle of the park during the week against a much better quality of opposition though. I don't understand an apparent change of tempo and approach for this game.