vs Luxembourg

Donathan

If a free kick takes more than 30 seconds to be take it should automatically be a goal kick to the defending team. I'm not saying that it was McTominay's fault - far from it - that amount of time waiting always ends up with nothing positive though. 

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

At this point it's not just how does Hanley get a game for us it's how does he get a game for Norwich? Looks an accident waiting to happen

He was fantastic for Norwich this season, he should be playing in the middle here, not in the right. 

1 minute ago, Tartan Dave said:

Imo, if this is the idea. Get mctominay centre half, game bypassing him. Armstrong into middle

This midfield three doesn’t work. I’d have McTominay deepest. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:
Nae need ref.
Its a friendly fs. This doesnt help us for next week.

Hope you're kidding here.

Not at all.

Wasnt a bad challenge. In a competitive game, 100% red. But its a friendly, book him and move on.

We'll now have even more of the ball  which isnt ideal preperation for our 3 games at the Euros.

If we go on and score 4 or 5 it'll be good for confidence. But its not ideal game preperation.

If a free kick takes more than 30 seconds to be take it should automatically be a goal kick to the defending team. I'm not saying that it was McTominay's fault - far from it - that amount of time waiting always ends up with nothing positive though. 
Pretty sure it was the ref fucking about, was hit straight after the whistle.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

If the result isn't Roberto Carlos-esque then the taker should be sent off.

Just now, Empty It said:
1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Pretty sure it was the ref fucking about, was hit straight after the whistle.

Yeah I wasn't saying it was anyone else's fault bar the referee but that amount of time wasted always ends up with a Roy Hodgson. 

Not at all.
Wasnt a bad challenge. In a competitive game, 100% red. But its a friendly, book him and move on.
We'll now have even more of the ball  which isnt ideal preperation for our 3 games at the Euros.
If we go on and score 4 or 5 it'll be good for confidence. But its not ideal game preperation.
I get your point of view but imagine the defender scores an equalizer in the 90th minute, I'm sure everyone would be quite pissed with the ref.

Mental that we can be playing a pre tournament friendly against Luxembourg, and it's clearly just about getting minutes into legs, and folk are having deep dives into the line up and moaning about it.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Not at all.

Stop waffling. 

Ideal preparation........ we are playing Luxembourg. This team is on par with who in our group for " ideal preparation "?.

This game is about getting players a run out. If we score a good few then great. Makes no difference if they have 1 less player or not 

Do we change the rules just for a friendly? Maybe multi ball 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mental that we can be playing a pre tournament friendly against Luxembourg, and it's clearly just about getting minutes into legs, and folk are having deep dives into the line up and moaning about it.

The lineup is the only thing that matters here. Clarke should be able to pick the team out of a hat and get a win, so the question is how he can _best_ use his players against inferior opposition. If nothing else, tonight is proving what _doesn't_ work.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This midfield three doesn’t work. I’d have McTominay deepest. 

To get the best out of him, McTominay needs the freedom to drive forward which he wouldn't have in most games if he starts deepest. It's one of the main reasons we miss Ryan Jack more than we really should.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its no fun otherwise.  You are right, but at the same time it’s quite clear this lineup is 1. Pretty close to first choice, and 2. Fatally flawed. 

Just now, Thumper said:

The lineup is the only thing that matters here. Clarke should be able to pick the team out of a hat and get a win, so the question is how he can _best_ use his players against inferior opposition. If nothing else, tonight is proving what _doesn't_ work.

No, it's about making sure as many players as possible are fit and firing. We won't be playing any inferior opposition at the Euros, so its irrelevant how we actually perform today.

It's about getting minutes into legs and getting as good a result as possible. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

"This game against Luxembourg has now been rendered useless as it is not a challenge" is a thing multiple people on here are saying.

I dont think its that its not a challenge. They looked decent enough with 11 men.

But this game is relevant only in preparation for next Monday. Its now not ideal for that.

Although could argue Czech might have a man sent off as well and it'll be up to us to break them down like we'll need to tonight.