vs Luxembourg

Donathan

Might be something in starting Dykes next week - he looked really frustrated at his misses and he's shown at his club that he can and does come back strongly from ropey performances (although I thought he performed okay tonight, just his finishing was way off)

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, AJF said:

He’s a talent that needs refined but I believe Patterson improves our chances as a starter rather than O’Donnell.

I am completely biased though so take with a pinch of salt.

Patterson will undoubtedly have a long Scotland career in front of him, but there's no way in a million years Clarke will chuck in an untested....and he has never really been tested in any 1st team game he's played.....youngster in against the Czechs. 

It would be a massive risk, and probably unfair to Patterson. O'Donnell will start at right-back.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gilmour is a better CM than anyone we've produced in about 40 years.

Yeah but in true Scotland style we should bench him until he's 28 and break him in gently then look back and go "oh hang on, he was  a player after all"

Edited by red23

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye I suppose, he only had players who play at a higher level than they ever have for teammates.  Good point.

It IS a good point.  

Up until, probably, the late 80s ,a decent Scotland team would have beaten a good Scottish club side pretty-much every time and one of the joys of watching the national team was it being better than you see domestically.

Nowadays good domestic sides - and not just in Scotland - play better football than many of their national teams.  

This isn't even a contentious point.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

It IS a good point.  

Up until, probably, the late 80s ,a decent Scotland team would have beaten a good Scottish club side pretty-much every time and one of the joys of watching the national team was it being better than you see domestically.

Nowadays good domestic sides - and not just in Scotland - play better football than many of their national teams.  

This isn't even a contentious point.

Aye except this Scotland team would absolutely ride Rangers.  Apart from that you make a lot of sense.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Patterson will undoubtedly have a long Scotland career in front of him, but there's no way in a million years Clarke will chuck in an untested....and he has never really been tested in any 1st team game he's played.....youngster in against the Czechs. 

It would be a massive risk, and probably unfair to Patterson. O'Donnell will start at right-back.

I don’t necessarily disagree, I’m simply saying I think he is a better option than O’Donnell.

19 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Willie Miller saying that Dykes should start ahead of Adams. FFS.

Edit - Dodds agreeing with him as well

Playing up front is a different job if we are only playing one up top.

Dykes has to be the pick if that's the case.

If we play two up front Adams is the first pick out the strikers then you are looking for a partner.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Now we know you're trolling.

Aye totally eh. Guys from Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa would struggle against a team who are a mid-table Championship side.  

Rangers have what maybe two players who would stand a chance of getting a game for Scotland, if that.  

6 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Actually thought Dykes was better than Adams tonight but Adams is clearly a better footballer and should start ahead of him with Fraser 

Don't think either of them played well tonight. Even Adams goal was a bit of a scuff

I think I would go with

Dykes - Christie.

Mcginn - McTominay - Armstrong

Robertson -Tierney - Cooper - Hendry - O'Donnell

Marshall

26 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I’d play Hendry Cooper and Tierney as the back three but pretty sure it will be Hanley.  

NO...NO...NO...NO...NO...................................................................................................................................................

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Btw, Sky devoting literally zero analysis or discussion time before or after the game is fucking scandalous. 

Whats on immediately after? Yet another old firm rerun. Fs!

I know they only exist to promote their own product and dont have any Euro coverage, but fucking hell its embarrassing.

Coverage didn't kick off until ten to five either! Second class coverage as usual from Murdoch and the boys...

19 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Why?

1. There are no more friendlies and so the next game is proper full-time serious for the first time since I was 16.
  2. A game that should have been about proving that the chosen first team was capable of doing the business has instead shown that either Clarke still has no idea what his best lineup is or that he does and he's wrong.