vs Luxembourg

Donathan

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Patterson's use of the ball needs to improve a lot. Given it away too often and not sure he's hit a Scotland man with a cross yet. He clearly is the real deal though, attitude is great and he must be terrifying when he's running at you.

There's an Alan Hutton 2008 era chaos factor about him.

Doesnt seem to get put off if something doesnt work first time which is really good to see.

He won’t start in the Euros but Armstrong can count himself hard done by that he isn’t a starter for us. They play different roles I guess but he’s streets ahead of Mcgregor and had a much better domestic campaign than Christie who I reckon will start. Just brings a lot of energy as seen in the Netherlands game.

I’d play Hendry Cooper and Tierney as the back three but pretty sure it will be Hanley. O’Donnell doesn’t make many mistakes but you really notice when guys like him and Hanley  play in the team that we are significantly less comfortable on the ball. Thought we were very good against Netherlands at keeping it against a good team (only 40% possession apparently but felt more to me) without them. The ball often looks like a live grenade at O’Donnell’s feet against superior opposition (as referenced he doesn’t really make mistakes) 

Adams over Dykes for me which is maybe harsh after dykes qualifying campaign but he’s a much superior player 

4 minutes ago, paddycreggshinpad said:

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever watched thank god its over dykes is just a baffling footballer 

I see his uncle up Crombie every time I venture up there. 

IMG_20210606_182227.thumb.jpg.6662e5212ec4cb9d711e1260aebacfcf.jpg

Animated GIF

He’s a talent that needs refined but I believe Patterson improves our chances as a starter rather than O’Donnell.

I am completely biased though so take with a pinch of salt.

A couple of years ago I don't think many would've thought we'd have the luxury of saying Forrest might not get a game. Now look where we are. This is by far the strongest group we've had in 25 years. We have depth and it appears a club like set up. 

Add Gilmour into that mix and we're dangerous. We could really do something special in this tournament. 

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

No. only you seem to get yourself in a mess when discussing facts.

Without going full Rafa Benitez, facts are weve only lost twice in 16 games now, spanning 20 months. Winning 8 and winning another 2 penalty shoot outs. 

The only two games we lost were the two games after we qualified when the players were probably still half cut.

Just now, BillyAnchor said:

Expectations are we go a goal up early and they lose a player that we would spectacularly eff it up somehow so I am ok with today really.

A pessimist is never disappointed.

Good way to be when following Scotland.

Think Gilmour was knocked out, his eyes were rolling when he hit the deck. That being said, he improved the team massively and hopefully isn’t concussed as he should be starting on Monday based on tonight.

8 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

He won’t start in the Euros but Armstrong can count himself hard done by that he isn’t a starter for us. They play different roles I guess but he’s streets ahead of Mcgregor and had a much better domestic campaign than Christie who I reckon will start. Just brings a lot of energy as seen in the Netherlands game.

I’d play Hendry Cooper and Tierney as the back three but pretty sure it will be Hanley. O’Donnell doesn’t make many mistakes but you really notice when guys like him and Hanley  play in the team that we are significantly less comfortable on the ball. Thought we were very good against Netherlands at keeping it against a good team (only 40% possession apparently but felt more to me) without them. The ball often looks like a live grenade at O’Donnell’s feet against superior opposition (as referenced he doesn’t really make mistakes) 

Adams over Dykes for me which is maybe harsh after dykes qualifying campaign but he’s a much superior player 

I reckon Armstrong will start one of the group games. I'm pretty sure we will see three different line-ups for the three group games. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

He’s a talent that needs refined but I believe Patterson improves our chances as a starter rather than O’Donnell.

I am completely biased though so take with a pinch of salt.

He has to adjust to playing for Scotland vs playing for Rangers.

He had the ball in decent positions 2 or 3 times but there wasn't the likes or Aribo, Morelos or Roofe to aim for so either passed back or hit an aimless ball in to the box.

Btw, Sky devoting literally zero analysis or discussion time before or after the game is fucking scandalous. 

Whats on immediately after? Yet another old firm rerun. Fs!

I know they only exist to promote their own product and dont have any Euro coverage, but fucking hell its embarrassing.

Gilmour for McGregor. Hanley gives me the fear so would get in Cooper with Tierney on left and either Hendry or Gallagher on the right. Keep O'Donnell, Patterson looks good going forward but got caught out twice in his cameo. Up front I'd drop Dykes and play McGinn of Adams and put Armstrong in the midfield.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He has to adjust to playing for Scotland vs playing for Rangers.

He had the ball in decent positions 2 or 3 times but there wasn't the likes or Aribo, Morelos or Roofe to aim for so either passed back or hit an aimless ball in to the box.

Aye I suppose, he only had players who play at a higher level than they ever have for teammates.  Good point.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Willie Miller saying that Dykes should start ahead of Adams. FFS.

I like Dykes but to be honest, I’d start Adams or Nisbet ahead of him at this point. We really need players who can score and both these guys have shown now that they can.