vs Luxembourg

Donathan

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I can't say I'm worried about the issues some are complaining about. I'm expecting Hendry & Cooper to start against the Czechs, which gives us another ball playing defender and helps the midfield.

I'd also expect Christie to start in place of Dykes, which allows McGinn to push forward and gets more put of him.

We're less than dynamic in central midfield just now but should be capable of making it difficult to play through us against better sides.

Nah McGinn is pure Zidane meets Rui Costa cause he sclaffed a few in against utter diddies. That's why he just spent 45 minutes in attacking midfield against a team of fishermen and created not one chance for himself or a teammate and affected the game not one iota.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You also want to see a bit of shape and system - and that's been lacking.

Clarke is quite clearly trying different things - it’s a warm up game, it’s literally the entire point of them. 

I didn't say play him advanced. I said he needs freedom to drive forward from deep. If he's our main defensive midfielder that will leave us open and clearly isn't what Clarke is looking for in that position. 

Fair enough. Misunderstood you.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Clarke is quite clearly trying different things - it’s a warm up game, it’s literally the entire point of them. 

Then he shouldn't be.  Not one game prior to our opener. He should be using it to showcase what's been done in training and I'm not seeing that.

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Nah McGinn is pure Zidane meets Rui Costa cause he sclaffed a few in against utter diddies. That's why he just spent 45 minutes in attacking midfield against a team of fishermen and created not one chance for himself or a teammate and affected the game not one iota.

I didn't make any real comment about his performance tonight. If we're playing two out and out strikers, McGinn clearly has to play deeper as part of the three and it doesn't get the best out of him.

If the second attacker is Christie or Fraser, they'll pull wide more often and allow McGinn to batter about in behind the striker which he has done successfully for us before.

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You seem to be the only fisherman here. Fishing for red dots for some reason. 🤔

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We'll he's had 45 minutes of trying something different. Get back to playing to our strengths, which is making the most of the talents of our midfield group. 

I didn't make any real comment about his performance tonight. If we're playing two out and out strikers, McGinn clearly has to play deeper as part of the three and it doesn't get the best out of him.

If the second attacker is Christie or Fraser, they'll pull wide more often and allow McGinn to batter about in behind the striker which he has done successfully for us before.

With the midfield three we have he has all the freedom in the world to go, he's just not very good at it. It isn't his game, and a few sclaffed goals against cannon fodder doesn't change that.