vs Luxembourg

Donathan

Hopefully the self-isolating 6 can get a run out (Fleck will still be out though) but other than that, time to get our key players wrapped up in cotton wool

Marshall

Hanley-Gallagher-McKenna

O’Donnell-McTominay-Gilmour-Taylor

McGinn-Fraser

Adams

Marshall
Hendry Hanley Tierney
SOD McTominay Gilmour Robertson
McGinn
Adams Fraser

Dykes might play instead of Fraser due to the latter's lack of fitness and McGregor will almost certainly play, but I think it's important to go as close to the Czech starting lineup as possible. Maybe give McLaughlin a half just because, and give Patterson half an hour.

Yep, you’d expect at least 3 more Barclays players to start with Adams, McTominay and Gilmour. That said - 

I have a bad feeling about this. 2-0 Luxembourg.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Marshall
Hendry Hanley Tierney
SOD McTominay Gilmour Robertson
McGinn
Adams Fraser

Dykes might play instead of Fraser due to the latter's lack of fitness and McGregor will almost certainly play, but I think it's important to go as close to the Czech starting lineup as possible. Maybe give McLaughlin a half just because, and give Patterson half an hour.

This line up is far too risky imo. Robertson and Tierney should get a rest. Ideally McGinn and McTominay would too but I’d give them 45 mins or an hour since they missed last night. But we really need most of our key performers to be wrapped up in cotton wool now. 

Listen to lads on sportsound in the morning, we should maybe try a new formation, get the few things if it goes wrong, or was that on the Netherland Thread, sorry not had much sleep, anyway. guys that will play for sure. Utter pishe talk.

Marshall, McTominey (one day I'll spell it right) McGinn, Adams, 

I would rest Kierney MacGregor, one because we dont' need anymore from him until the tournament, second, he needs a rest, good player, don't understand the abuse he gets on here. He has a job to get the ball move it on, and last night was asked to be the sitting midfielder.

Adams from the start, then give Nisbet the second half, he earned it.

Don't car e who start at right wingback, it will be switch for sure at half time.

All in all, a positive game, a win at the end of the day.

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Hopefully the self-isolating 6 can get a run out (Fleck will still be out though) but other than that, time to get our key players wrapped up in cotton wool

Marshall

Hanley-Gallagher-McKenna

McGinn-Fraser

Adams

Exactly the team I wrote down last night. 

McGregor needs a rest. Missing one game won't do much for him, but he needs a rest.

No point in risking Tierney or Robertson and I'd take McTominay/McGinn/Fraser off after 45.

Edited by ArabFC

Wouldn't it be the opposite and Fraser starts due to a lack of fitness? 45-60 mins seems likely, if not necessary, to me.
Until last night he hadn't played a minute since the Faroes game in March.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Marshall

Hanley-Gallagher-McKenna

McGinn-Fraser

Adams

This would be my team too. The 6 that missed out last night get a run out, and Fraser gets some more minutes to get up to speed. 

I'd try and get 30-45 mins for Patterson and some more game time for Forrest and Nesbit too.

Looking forward to seeing how we do when the expectation will be for us to dictate the play.   

Marshall
Hanley-Gallagher-McKenna
McGinn-Fraser
Adams

That's the team I'd go with too. Play McGinn and McTominay for just the first half, maybe give Patterson one half too or start him.

Fraser clearly needs some football under his belt

I appreciate it would be just about getting them a run out, but I don't think we should be playing a back three of Hanley, Gallagher and McKenna against any opposition, let alone against a team where we're going to be dominating possession. Out of all of our centre-backs, those are the three who are worst in possession and will end up giving the ball away a lot by just hoofing it. I'd probably play Hendry for a half and Cooper or McTominay for a half alongside Hanley and one other (probably McKenna).

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I appreciate it would be just about getting them a run out, but I don't think we should be playing a back three of Hanley, Gallagher and McKenna against any opposition, let alone against a team where we're going to be dominating possession. Out of all of our centre-backs, those are the three who are worst in possession and will end up giving the ball away a lot by just hoofing it. I'd probably play Hendry for a half and Cooper or McTominay for a half alongside Hanley and one other (probably McKenna).

Why the f**k would you play McTominay at CB now?

We're playing Luxembourg - if those 3 end up hoofing it that will be a lesson in itself.

You know the film The Perfect Storm? Well we just drove through that to get to Lux and it's caught up with us now. Should be dry Sunday apparently.

Any recommendations for beering pre match? I think we're staying 5 minutes walk away.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That’s crazy. They’re in the squad and need to be ready, so they need minutes on the pitch.