Glenn Middleton

Did well for us (St.johnstone)

He fitted in to managers system really well and broke into first 11 towards end of season including playing in Cup Final 

Would love to get him back permanently or at least on loan 

Where do Rangers fans see him fitting in next season!?Will Gérard give him a chance?

Do you think he will be put out on loan again!?

Hopefully to us if that's the case 

Would be interested to hear thoughts on his future. 

Be that Rangers or elsewhere!

17 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Did well for us (St.johnstone)

He fitted in to managers system really well and broke into first 11 towards end of season including playing in Cup Final 

Would love to get him back permanently or at least on loan 

Where do Rangers fans see him fitting in next season!?Will Gérard give him a chance?

Do you think he will be put out on loan again!?

Hopefully to us if that's the case 

Would be interested to hear thoughts on his future. 

Be that Rangers or elsewhere!

I would loan him out again if I was Rangers. Perhaps they will let him leave permanently this summer to let him progress his career though.

He won't get near the line up for Rangers next season though. 

5 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I'd be amazed if he plays for us next season.  I don't see where he will fit in.

@G51 - who seems to be on holiday - has strong opinions on Middleton as do I but neither of us see a place for him at Ibrox.  Nor does @DMCs above

There are three probs with the boy:  1. He is 80% good in most positions he has played in.  2. He doesn't work hard enough, particularly if he's played in the No 10 role and 3. when he's played on the wing he can't cross accurately enough often enough.

If Callum can get him working hard for you he'd be a great signing (or loan) - but I'd look to play him through the middle as he certainly loves a goal and has good positional sense.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Echo the above. I really like him and his direct running was great in Europe for us, I think he'd thrive with more game time but I don't see it happening. Probably best for his career to move now. 

• 1 month later...