League Cup 21/22 Group A

• 4 weeks later...

Peterhead have announced ticket arrangements for the game against Hearts on July 10th. Already sold out to season ticket holders / executive club members. Streaming should be available to purchase though.

TICKET INFORMATION
Peterhead v Heart of Midlothian
Premier Sports Cup
Saturday 10th July 2021
Due to the social distancing protocols that will remain in place on the 10th July, Balmoor Stadium will be operating to a restricted capacity of 246 seated fans only.
Both Peterhead & Heart of Midlothian have agreed that it would be in the best interests of all concerned that tickets should not be made available to Away fans on this occasion. The fixture will be streamed live on the Peterhead FC automated camera system on a ppv basis which can be accessed on the following link; https://peterheadfc.univtec.com/home
Ticket sales have therefore been restricted to Peterhead FC Season Ticket Holders and Executive Club Members only, resulting on no tickets being made available for general sale!
Both clubs stress that Heart of Midlothian fans should not travel to Balmoor Stadium on the day.

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

55 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

Thon Mackin is a big lad eh?  Flanagan's goals were excellent.  Can't have too many complaints about that result, Cove looked very disjointed in the first half with Draper and Vigurs in midfield and McAllister up front really struggling to get in the game.  They got a bit better in the second half - Vigurs started spraying the ball around including a lovely looping assist for Fyvie's first, and the second Fyvie goal was a long range belter.  Thought I was going to get a bonus penalty shootout until Flanagan's breakaway right at the end.  

1 hour ago, resk said:

Thon Mackin is a big lad eh?  Flanagan's goals were excellent.  Can't have too many complaints about that result, Cove looked very disjointed in the first half with Draper and Vigurs in midfield and McAllister up front really struggling to get in the game.  They got a bit better in the second half - Vigurs started spraying the ball around including a lovely looping assist for Fyvie's first, and the second Fyvie goal was a long range belter.  Thought I was going to get a bonus penalty shootout until Flanagan's breakaway right at the end.  

When we put on Sean Heaver right at the end I wasn't sure if he was there to take one of the penalties or just to waste time so the game would go to penalties.

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Banana skin avoided with more minimum of fuss

which is nice 

Good luck with the rest of you season Peterhead 

Was happy enough from our point of view although would have been happier if we had tested Gordon. Hearts moved the ball around ok & gradually wore us down as  full time fitness told. Not sure how Hearts will get on back in the Premier they could struggle for goals but all the best to them.

We really should be winning this by several goals.  Peterhead started pretty well but from around 15 minutes we dominated, wide players and full backs getting involved and creating a lot of chances.  Welsh missed a complete sitter after clever play from Harper and Duku should've done better when put through.

Overall, can't complain at all about the performance but need vastly improved finishing.