League Cup 21/22 Group D

1 minute ago, greendot said:

If you're on your computer don't move the mouse and it'll disappear.

If you're on your phone tap the screen somewhere other than on the start clipping button and you'll go full screen 

I'm on a PC and I've sat without moving the mouse for a good 15 minutes and it's still there....not a huge deal, just mildly irritating

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm on a PC and I've sat without moving the mouse for a good 15 minutes and it's still there....not a huge deal, just mildly irritating

Are you using Edge? Read somewhere you're meant to go into settings (the three dots on the top right) and select either site permissions or notifications  and move the "ask before sending" to the left. Unfortunately that hasn't worked for me but it might mean I need to reload which I'll try at halftime.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

HT, started well then descended into pish.

Think we need to get Forrest and Mullin on to get wingers running at players and taking them on. Would get Pitts further up the pitch too.

Mullin is already on, came on for Kabia when he went off injured. I’d like to see Montano get on at some point, but we’ve just sat back and been a bit shite after going 1-0 up. Boring game so far 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Mullin is already on, came on for Kabia when he went off injured. I’d like to see Montano get on at some point, but we’ve just sat back and been a bit shite after going 1-0 up. Boring game so far 

Never even noticed, shows what an impact he's had then.🤣

23 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Are you using Edge? Read somewhere you're meant to go into settings (the three dots on the top right) and select either site permissions or notifications  and move the "ask before sending" to the left. Unfortunately that hasn't worked for me but it might mean I need to reload which I'll try at halftime.

Moved the mouse to the top left corner and it disappeared.

Brechin didn't seem particularly up for this game in the first half but, if I remember correctly, they used to up their game when playing downhill - was a few years back though.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Video quality of the stream is excellent. Streets ahead of what we normally have for cup games.

Early days but not liking our midfield. Trying and constantly failing to spray 30 yard passes.

Aye we're ok knocking it about at the back, bringing it up to halfway, then just seem to be knocking it long. Think Pitts is playing too deep too, he's ideal playing for 2nd balls if we're knocking them long, bit wasted sitting deep covering McMillan.

Wasn't the prettiest to watch...definitely Martindale tinkering throughout which I can't hold against him. I already love big Ayo...absolutely strolled it in the middle and took his goal well. As a side note, nice to see David Cox back playing football after the stuff that happened last season, regardless of people's thoughts on him as a person it's not nice to see anyone forced out of the game they love

Don't think this formation works as things stand. Pittman playing too deep as LF says and the wingers felt useless as the full backs were playing so high. 

We looked a lot better after the subs (Reilly, Forrest & Hamilton) were made. Surprised Hamilton didn't score at the end, he should be really useful this season. 

Brechin looked ok. Showed good spirit throughout and threatened towards the end. Best of luck to them in the Highland League, would be great to get back to Glebe Park in the near future.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Our strikers were a bit unlucky not getting on the score sheet, but good to see defensive players knocking in the goals, looks like there'll be goals spread around the squad again this season.

Bit rusty with our passing but hopefully that helped blow the cobwebs off, playing our first competitive game.

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Well the Rovers v Cowden game must've been a right thriller based on this thread. 

I was half expecting a defeat based on our pre season exploits so I suppose any sort of win isn't to be sniffed at. 

All the comments are in our thread. I’ve never seen a Cowdenbeath fan mention the game. Maybe they’re all on holiday.