League Cup 21/22 Group D

No mention of a stream so I would assume not. Don't think it makes sense to offer a stream unless it sells out (which I doubt it will), you will get home fans who don't bother their arse to go to the game.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

23 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

No mention of a stream so I would assume not. Don't think it makes sense to offer a stream unless it sells out (which I doubt it will), you will get home fans who don't bother their arse to go to the game.

A poor show considering other clubs bend over backwards to make streaming available to all fans.

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

A poor show considering other clubs bend over backwards to make streaming available to all fans.

Not an easy one for clubs that will not sell out. Should probably offer something for those self-isolating but if you can watch from home there's less chance you will actually attend the game. Can see why clubs wouldn't offer a stream.

This disadvantages me as I'm London based. Was able to watch all games via stream last season but don't expect to have the same opportunities this season. 

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Certainly a rollercoaster of a start to managing Alloa for ol' Barry Ferguson. Beaten at home by Cowdenbeath, then a late comeback win away to Livingston, and tonight a loss to Highland League Brechin.

Not boring at least.

Meantime Kelty? Love it. 

25 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Do livi have a stream for every game for fans outside the UK? In case I decide to hope to Europe at 7:44pm…

Unfortunately not. 

Nice to see we've spent the past 18 months sorting out the habit of not putting any info out. 

I'd have thought given that the revenue from tickets and streams is split between both clubs, that Rovers would have had some say in whether there's a live stream or not. 

My son and I are self isolating in different houses, so there's two potential streams straight away. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

This is absolutely not a reason to stream games.

It absolutely IS a reason to stream games.

You can disagree if you want, you can make the argument that it's not economically viable and that it will potentially detract from physical attendance (it may do). But the fact remains that lots of regular fans are either having to isolate for one reason or another or are still shielding or are simply not comfortable coming out into big crowds yet, perhaps for reasons of close relatives who are vulnerable. That's an extremely good argument that clubs should be providing a service to fans by streaming.

17 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Certainly a rollercoaster of a start to managing Alloa for ol' Barry Ferguson. Beaten at home by Cowdenbeath, then a late comeback win away to Livingston, and tonight a loss to Highland League Brechin.

Not boring at least.

This job will test his abilities . Be interesting to see if it turns into a Clyde type of nothingness ( which he struggles to mention these days)  or if Alloa are prepared to splash out like Kelty did.

Given that tickets were only ten or eleven quid, I don't see that there's any sense at all in not offering a stream. Just make it the same price. People paid more than that for streams on multiple occasions last season, and it means if someone chooses not to attend and stay at home to stream it instead, you're not losing any revenue. 

Real "wee club" vibes from Livingston here. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It absolutely IS a reason to stream games.

You can disagree if you want, you can make the argument that it's not economically viable and that it will potentially detract from physical attendance (it may do). But the fact remains that lots of regular fans are either having to isolate for one reason or another or are still shielding or are simply not comfortable coming out into big crowds yet, perhaps for reasons of close relatives who are vulnerable. That's an extremely good argument that clubs should be providing a service to fans by streaming.

Agree with this. Add on top of that the fact we've currently got two strains on the go that are spreading incredibly easily, it's completely reasonable some people won't want to get back into stadiums yet. 

Given that tickets were only ten or eleven quid, I don't see that there's any sense at all in not offering a stream. Just make it the same price. People paid more than that for streams on multiple occasions last season, and it means if someone chooses not to attend and stay at home to stream it instead, you're not losing any revenue. 
Real "wee club" vibes from Livingston here. 

Livi charged £20 for their streams last season btw.

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Unfortunately not. 

Nice to see we've spent the past 18 months sorting out the habit of not putting any info out. 

We do, usually. Our international sub has been decent, £5 per month got you every game including cups. Although it seems as though it hasn't been set up for the cup this season

Not an easy one for clubs that will not sell out. Should probably offer something for those self-isolating but if you can watch from home there's less chance you will actually attend the game. Can see why clubs wouldn't offer a stream.
This disadvantages me as I'm London based. Was able to watch all games via stream last season but don't expect to have the same opportunities this season. 
Sell out, what's the capacity 1500-2000 max