League Cup 21/22 Group D

Send Adam Lewis back to Liverpool ffs...Anderson isolated, defence is powderpuff. I get we haven't trained much this week but by f**k how can professional footballers not pass a ball when they're under zero pressure. Felt like each game at the end of last season we said "that's our worst performance yet under Martindale"....today really was our worst so does that mean we're just getting progressively worse?

Absolute shite from us, Alloa well worth their win. Understand we have norovirus and COVID problems but that was close to a full strength first 11. 

Crossfield balls out of play is not my idea of the 'exciting' team that Martindale said he was building.

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Absolute shite from us, Alloa well worth their win. Understand we have norovirus and COVID problems but that was close to a full strength first 11. 

Crossfield balls out of play is not my idea of the 'exciting' team that Martindale said he was building.

Yep same as the Brechin game with this pish, only we scored twice from corners to make it seem a bit better. We'll get hosed at Ibrox if this is our system, having the FB's bomb down the wings and have big spaces in our back line. Look cagey as feck at the back even under no pressure, as we gave the ball away a few times.

Montano looked like he has a bit of pace and ability, and Anderson scored a good goal, apart from that we were shite. Forrest and Devlin would've made a huge difference to our attack, but the system Martindale is playing needs to change.

Hate to say it but last time we looked this shite Kenny Miller was the manager.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Are away fans being allowed access to Livi on Wednesday?

Home fans are having to apply in a ballot so i doubt it, things been a shambles. Unless they just open it up to home and away fans getting tickets direct from the website or club reception on Monday. Doubt we'll have 2,000 if that's how many we're allowed by the 19th.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wouldn't imagine so. All season ticket holders had to apply for a ballot and the rest of the tickets will be open to non-season ticket holders. 

It said on our application that we'd be seated in the east stand though, which is usually the away stand, so I imagine they'll just spread us out through the North/East/South and keep the main stand empty for the clubs to use for staff/players etc

A well deserved win for Alloa, very poor from us. Great run from Taggart for their first goal. 

Worrying from us, really need a reaction with a good performance and result on Wednesday. If we play like we did today we’ll be oot, no doubt about it. 

Took in the Cowdenbeath Brechin game today.  Decent entertainment.  Cowdenbeath in total control except for a 20 minute spell and really should have been out of sight.  After the equaliser you thought Brechin might snatch it but a stupid (and maybe slightly harsh) red card cost them in the end.

No masks or table service in the pub beforehand, no masks on the terraces and glorious sunshine all contributed to a good day out.

Any idea how handicapped Livi will be Wednesday with this virus matter? Recent play suggests problems if you don’t get a few players back.
Well, our team today was as close to a first 11 as we are going to get.
Play balls through the middle and you will get results against our centre backs.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Well, our team today was as close to a first 11 as we are going to get.
Play balls through the middle and you will get results against our centre backs.

Hopefully those playing with the after effects of the noravirus outbreak will be better come Wednesday. Certainly both Lewis and Penrice were no where near the players they were last week.

On 17/07/2021 at 17:16, Hank Scorpio said:

"We’re delighted that we will be able to welcome our fans back to the Tony Macaroni Arena on Wednesday 21st July for the first time in over a year and tickets are now on general sale to home fans only!". 

From our OS, confirmed as home fans only

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

"We’re delighted that we will be able to welcome our fans back to the Tony Macaroni Arena on Wednesday 21st July for the first time in over a year and tickets are now on general sale to home fans only!". 

From our OS, confirmed as home fans only

To be fair without a follow-up to say either something like "sales for away support will be announced shortly" or "unfortunately away fans won't be admitted to this fixture" this doesn't really confirm anything, in fact even Rovers are none the wiser! 

1 minute ago, liam_barnett said:

To be fair without a follow-up to say either something like "sales for away support will be announced shortly" or "unfortunately away fans won't be admitted to this fixture" this doesn't really confirm anything, in fact even Rovers are none the wiser! 

To be fair, I assume we're going the same way the Premiership is with just home fans only, unless we're going with the heightened capacity I can't see away fans getting in. Although we're absolutely leaving it late if you're going to be let in

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, I assume we're going the same way the Premiership is with just home fans only, unless we're going with the heightened capacity I can't see away fans getting in. Although we're absolutely leaving it late if you're going to be let in

Have you closed parts of your ground or something then? Don’t you realise we’re kind of a big deal, get that capacity heightened!