vs Netherlands

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

1 win in the last 6. And that was against the Faroes.

Those are the facts.

In 12 days time, we play at a major tournament for the first time in 23 years.

We've just played well against a decent Dutch team with half our starting 11 sitting in the hotel.

Those are the facts.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's the ideal result in my eyes. Competed well, poor free kick decision but keeps the feet firmly on the ground. A win would have sent expectations soaring.

We're now probably winning the euros instead of definitely.

Happy with that overall.

Thought Hendry was good, very aggressive and Cooper was solid too. However, one time there was a gap left it resulted in the first goal, shows how you get punished.

Robertson and Armstrong both quiet first half but better 2nd half, decent displays from them.

Forrest clearly isn't fit, his touch was well off. I think he could still be useful as an impact sub with his pace but not a starter.

Christie was anonymous for the most part and lost the ball in promising areas a couple of times, don't think he should start when players are back. Turnbull the pick of the midfielders for me, got forward and looked for passes rather than just hit and hopes. McGregor was the weak link for the full 90, horrible miss controls and barely made a pass, his form has just fallen off a cliff which is sad as I had him as a nailed on starter.

Dykes won a few balls but agree he'll need to watch his challenges in the tournament. He held it up well a few times top but was sometimes isolated.

Of the subs Nisbet did very well at the goal and was getting involved, had a goal saving defensive header too. Fraser not surprisingly lacking sharpness and we were on the backfoot mostly when he was on so didn't see much of him going forward. Centre backs did OK and Taylor got forward a few times, noticeable drop off in quality but they did OK. Gilmour only a cameo but had a couple of good passes, hope he starts on Sunday.

Special mention to Kieran Tierney, he was immense that first half, absolutely everywhere and such a great attacking threat, and absolute joy to watch him glide past players with his burst of pace. One heart in mouth moment in second half but a great performance overall.

Annoyed at not winning the game is a result in itself.

When I seen we had the Dutch as a warm up game I thought "FFS!, aye a 4 nil hiding will do wonders for confidence".

The ref was terrible. But been there before.

32 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Gordons got to start v czech

Seen him charging up as the pressure mounted

I’d go with him over Marshall.

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Tiermey has been excellent but would argue Armstrong could be MoTM tonight.

Would agree with that. Certainly 2nd half.

28 minutes ago, greenockraver said:
28 minutes ago, Empty It said:
Thought we were going to have another moment when Armstrong shouldve just cleared the ball there.

Armstrong is a classy player . He almost covers for the shite first touch

I sometimes think there’s a case to be made that he’s possibly our best player. Can’t even put my finger on why exactly either. He’s just very good.

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Gilmour's facial hair... was he having trouble getting served alcohol or something?

image.jpeg.24a5bbf396c7e2dbc56ebd2935d9da9f.jpeg

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Woah, no. He has continually overplayed in the wrong areas and at least half the time he's had the ball he's cost use possession.

image.gif.863d702ac30323afcc4e5a8f2e0ea470.gif

That was quite enjoyable to watch and 2 good goals from Scotland, especially the counter attack 2nd. It did look as if they were piling players forward and I   wonder if the understandable  subbing of Tierney /Robertson etc maybe conceded a wee bit too much space. It was a soft free kick but a stunning shot. I don't know if any one posted this earlier but did the commentator say that "it  was some pass from Memphis to Dumfries" , even as it sailed out?

18 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

We've just played well against a decent Dutch team with half our starting 11 sitting in the hotel.

Those are the facts.

That is an opinion and probably wrong.

DePay aside they have very little quality available right now.

Well done Scotland. Good game from you with quite a few players out. You deserved a win. We were very lucky to draw in the end.

As for us, I think people will understand why I'm not exactly confident in our chances for the upcoming Euros !

24 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

1 win in the last 6. And that was against the Faroes.

Those are the facts.

An unnecessary glass half empty post.  

17 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

This

We actually looked well coached tonight - with players knowing their roles - and haven't always under Clarke.

I just listened to Clarke on the radio and he sounded optimistic.  So am I.