Knockout City

SANTAN

Anyone got "Knockout City"?

Free trial right now, it's a dodgeball game. It's very fun. Cartoony, loads of different mobility and ways to dodge, interesting special balls, intricate map design, casual and ranked play, love it.

Worth a shot as it's on free trial right now. Think I played 5 games and the tutorial before i bought the full game for 17.99.

Here is the trailer for anyone interested - 

EA so definitely not some shitey Indy gang, pretty sure it's not P2P and the only thing you can buy are cosmetic items which is minimal yet still nice in today's landscape. Exciting to see how this progresses it could likely fade out like many other new games but I'm definitely getting early rocket league vibes. Genuinely really fun and innovative. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had a go of this last night, couple of matches.

Not surprisingly, I was honking at it as were my team-mates it seemed. I did get a few eliminations in the second match, right enough.

It seemed like a good tactic was for your team to stick together and hope that the other team was daft enough to split up so that you can gang up on a lone opponent.

Fun enough game imho (and it's unlikely I have delved deeply into its nuances and strategies to get much out of it yet) although I am not sure whether it will take over from Rocket League as my 'team play online game to be no better than average at'!

Further to the above, 'sticking together' might sound like 'oh, you can do that then it will be easy if you are just sensible' but you do all have to find dodgeballs to throw which will necessitate some splitting up. I could see it being really strategic if you 'git gud'.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Further to the above, 'sticking together' might sound like 'oh, you can do that then it will be easy if you are just sensible' but you do all have to find dodgeballs to throw which will necessitate some splitting up. I could see it being really strategic if you 'git gud'.

Aye I've only played with random teams and I'm guilty of going off on my ones but usually I flank round the sides and get the other team from behind whilst they all bum rush the middle sections and that works well, if the team I'm against is good then I fully stick with my team thought because you can be overwhelmed so quickly. 

I'm still playing this a lot and enjoying it but I'm deffo at the stage where I get pissed off with shit matchmaking. I need to go off and try the ranked stuff, that could solve the shite team mates issue.

It's interesting they don't show your overall statistics though, probably the game that I've had the best KDR in and it doesn't even show it. 

On 29/06/2021 at 12:40, Eddie Hitler said:

Just reading and I can't even 'do' ranked until I reach level 10 on street play (was level 3, I think) so it's not just me being an idiot :)

Ahh that would make sense. 

You any closer to level 10 now? I think the only strats I can offer is obviously not to charge in when you're outnumbered and usually there is so much noise going on sneaking up from behind or the side works a treat, my favourite is when you're 1 on 1 to do a faint then throw the ball really weakly because most decent players recognise the faint and then prep themselves for the fully charged shot and they end up catching way too early then get bopped ever so slowly on the head 😂

Level 6 now after a couple of matches last night.

One win and one loss. After the loss, I discovered you can see match stats - wish I hadn't, as I was the worst player in terms of eliminations and KDR for that one :D Probably hadn't been for the match we won, at least!

49 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Level 6 now after a couple of matches last night.

One win and one loss. After the loss, I discovered you can see match stats - wish I hadn't, as I was the worst player in terms of eliminations and KDR for that one :D Probably hadn't been for the match we won, at least!

Aye I find it interesting how they don't show the overall stats but I do like to vindicate my rage at losing by checking everyone's KDR at the end.

I've had 2 games with zero deaths but in both I literally ended up hiding for the last few points. 😂

• 4 weeks later...

New Season. Lovely new map, it's a continuously changing movie set. New ball I've not used yet, pretty much covers your screen for a few seconds, certainly will be good for the sweaty 3 man teams. 

I think I've reached the arch on my typical online multiplayer game, fall in love with it, get good and play loads, have a break, come back and everyone is really good and get frustrated after 1 or 2 games if I don't get a good team. 

Still not dipped my toes into the ranked mode, pretty apprehensive considering everyone on normal mode has got good. It's seemingly past the fun fortnite stage where nobody could build and if you could even a little you were a god where now everyone is doing the Taj Mahal in the time it takes me to press 1 button.