Best Americano and empire biscuit in Scotland.

Always surprises me that a filter coffee is usually priced below an americano. Far superior tasting cup of coffee imo. Americano, to me, usually means a nightmare of far too big a cup, a badly shaped cup, a drink that’s simply too hot. It can be salvaged by pouring some out and adding a splash of cold water to bring out the flavour and by decanting it into a mug or paper cup, rather than the giant soup bowl type cups so many places insist on using. 

46 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Maybe the Hapsburgs are the Empire in question

I'm sure it is but I just thought calling a wee biscuit after an empire was daft. Probably not any dafter than a Garibaldi or a Penguin, right enough.

8 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Always surprises me that a filter coffee is usually priced below an americano. Far superior tasting cup of coffee imo. Americano, to me, usually means a nightmare of far too big a cup, a badly shaped cup, a drink that’s simply too hot. It can be salvaged by pouring some out and adding a splash of cold water to bring out the flavour and by decanting it into a mug or paper cup, rather than the giant soup bowl type cups so many places insist on using. 

The Long Black is superior to the Americano

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 01/06/2021 at 00:45, tamthebam said:
Fruit slice indeed. It's a flies' cemetery.

Pronounced flee cemetery in the Ayrshire vernacular. A glorious thing when made correctly.

‘flee symmetry’ is the pronunciation of choice in Falkirk district.