Best Americano and empire biscuit in Scotland.

1) what constitutes the perfect Empire Biscuit. Icing, biscuit, jam, jelly tot or cherry?

2) begin the usual P&B infighting about whether it is a Belgian/German/Empire Biscuit

3) local bakers are the berries and should be preserved at all costs. That Clarks biscuit sounds intriguing...

Empire biscuit was originally known as the "Linzer biscuit", and later as the "Deutsch biscuit". With the outbreak of the First World War it was renamed: in England to Empire biscuit, in Scotland to Belgian biscuit because Belgium had just been invaded, but in Northern Ireland it remains known as the German biscuit or biscuit bun. In Scotland the name now varies depending on the region, with the North-east typically calling it a double shortbread and the West an Empire biscuit.[citation needed] In Northern Ireland it is commonly found with a jam and coconut topping. It is also known as the "Belgian biscuit", due to being topped in a similar way to a Belgian bun, which is made of pastry or dough. There also exists a biscuit similar to the Jammie Dodger which is referred to as a Linzer biscuit.

TFS living up to its name again.

Cromarty Bakery does a good Empire Biscuit (great iced buns too). Then walk 3 mins to the ferry slipway for an outstanding Americano at Slaughterhouse Coffee.
9563C25C-FD72-47BC-B4BA-006FF2B45915.thumb.jpeg.12e417b63af798cc08e81ba90038a369.jpeg
A5D735EE-4A00-4A14-91DA-231393E587BC.thumb.jpeg.568c8f448bfe516be2d535460f31c2ab.jpeg
I've not had an Americano or an empire biscuit from cromarty bakery but everything I've had out of there so far is fucking sound.

Empire Biscuits are rank.
Get yourself a fruit slice from Stephen's, for Christ's sake.

Can’t say I’ve ever had a fruit slice from Stephen’s. Not something I’d normally choose from a bakers, but if it’s anything like their other cakes (that I’ve had) then it’ll be the bollocks as well.

Jesus titty f***ing Christ... a bakery product that P&B can agree on the name of.

(of course, originally 'German biscuit' until WWI came along, a term still used in the Failed Statelet)