COWDENBEATH 2021-22

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Everyone knew Kelty were going to get into the SPFL with the backing they have.

As much as I take my hat of to Dean for what he has done up there I couldn’t go and follow them - it would be akin to you getting a Celtic season ticket😀

I’ve watched us for the best part of 50 years so won’t be changing my team.

For us long timers the Championship was a golden period.

In reality I don’t like how the LL  has gone with the B teams and have all but avoided it this year due to that.

A bit of a gut wrencher watching us in that league but I’ll be standing by the club.

As much as I'm hurting tonight and If we do fallout of the leagues as painful as that would be I would still be there but there has to be massive changes including player recruitment ensuring players want to play and win for the club and not just picking up a wage or going through the motions

10 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Good move to make it free for season ticket holders aswell will maybe entice a few more people who weren’t planning on going next week come

Aye I suppose folk will be more inclined to go if their getting in free.

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

doon.jpg

Wasn't that Long ago you were second bottom of League two. Your time may come again. 

Any club should not mock right from relegation zone of the championship down to League two could quickly be club 42. 

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Wasn't that Long ago you were second bottom of League two. Your time may come again. 

Any club should not mock right from relegation zone of the championship down to League two could quickly be club 42. 

At least we didn’t sign the most disliked player in Scotland to save our SPFL arse.

We will probably go down but at least we didn’t stoop that low to stay up.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

At least we didn’t sign the most disliked player in Scotland to save our SPFL arse.

We will probably go down but at least we didn’t stoop that low to stay up.

I'm not sure devotees of [checks notes] Craig Thomson's employers can talk too much about other clubs "stooping low" when it comes to player recruitment.

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

They really couldn’t.  You can’t imagine full time teams like Dunfermline or Falkirk could fall that low.  They have a big enough fan-base to provide enough income to keep them away from the drop.

Pretty much any of the part time teams that aren’t financially doped could go though.  I expect a load of them will over the next 5-10 years.  There are clubs below them with bigger fan-bases.  That will translate  into budget which is largely the driving factor.

Tough one lads, 3-0 looks a knockout blow unfortunately unless something bizarre happens. Be tough in Lowland League with decent ex Juniors coming up but you’ve punched your way to Tier 2 not long ago so returning to SPFL is far from impossible. Really surprised you’re down here after our cup game as you looked a reasonable side.  Might seem the end of the world right now but as the saying goes “there’s always next season” 

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They really couldn’t.  You can’t imagine full time teams like Dunfermline or Falkirk could fall that low.  They have a big enough fan-base to provide enough income to keep them away from the drop.

Pretty much any of the part time teams that aren’t financially doped could go though.  I expect a load of them will over the next 5-10 years.  There are clubs below them with bigger fan-bases.  That will translate  into budget which is largely the driving factor.

Pretty much this, every P/T team could fall out the leagues, F/T teams are unlikely unless it’s an administration and even then it’s probably unlikely. Doped teams never last as the money eventually dries up.  

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Pretty much this, every P/T team could fall out the leagues, F/T teams are unlikely unless it’s an administration and even then it’s probably unlikely. Doped teams never last as the money eventually dries up.  

The other thing that never lasts is a part time team having success.  Arbroath and Montrose are flying high at the moment.  Not so many years ago they were fighting the drop from league 2.  Cowdenbeath and Brechin were both in tier 2 recently and looks like they’re both tier 5 from next season.

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but whilst waiting for the bus back into the city centre after the game two vehicles went past me, some sort of jeep thing with Reg KE--LTY and a Bentley with the reg K3--LTY. -- replacing actual numbers.

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
18 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but whilst waiting for the bus back into the city centre after the game two vehicles went past me, some sort of jeep thing with Reg KE--LTY and a Bentley with the reg K3--LTY. -- replacing actual numbers.

Buggers could have give you a lift. 

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The other thing that never lasts is a part time team having success.  Arbroath and Montrose are flying high at the moment.  Not so many years ago they were fighting the drop from league 2.  Cowdenbeath and Brechin were both in tier 2 recently and looks like they’re both tier 5 from next season.

We are a completely different animal to what we were 6/7 years ago off the park. It’s a completely different club. I cannot see us being back in L2 for a very long time and only if absolutely everything goes tits up. 1200 season tickets sold this season. That’ll drop yeah but there’s genuinely about 4/5/600 school kids at our games now. Every single one kitted out in AFC gear and majority will be fans for life. 

Montrose have made big strides in their off the park stuff too

3 hours ago, PELE said:

Robbie Buchanan is absolutely gash! How he got player of the year is more bizarre than the refereeing today.

He didn't? Fraser Mullen won both Player of the Year and Player's Player of the Year.

I found this image online which shows the ball did cross the line for the first one. Would need to see the penalty incident again - maybe Kyle kicked out as he was pushed? That's the only thing I can think of. 

Screenshot_20220507-232133_Instagram.jpg

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

The worst thing about today isn't the result but all the RELEGATION LOL banter from shitey wee virgin trolls.

Maybe between us and East Fife we could set up a support group? 

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Utterly devestating result. Probably the lowest I've felt supporting us watching the goals come in on Twitter.

We'll be the first team to go down and come back up. That's what I'm telling myself.

There is absolutely zero chance that you'll be going back up. The only chance any of us will have of getting back up is if league reconstruction happens or one of your fans just happens to have a long lost cousin that is a Saudi Prince, and neither of them are likely.

You might enjoy the first season or two due to the novelty factor of different grounds to visit and new teams etc but your first crushing defeat to either a university, a borders town you've never heard of or a gimmick team will bring you a crushing realisation of the depressing reality of the Lowland league. You'll soon be stuck in the cycle of not being good enough to challenge for the league but not being shite enough to go down so your season will be done by the end of august when you've accrued 9 points but lost 2 games. Games mean nothing, only 3 teams bring any form of away support so atmosphere lacks which results in fans getting bored and disillusioned so crowds drop and then the games a bogey.

Enjoy your last game as an SPFL club next week and I look forward to a trip to your stock car facility next year.

8 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

There is absolutely zero chance that you'll be going back up. The only chance any of us will have of getting back up is if league reconstruction happens or one of your fans just happens to have a long lost cousin that is a Saudi Prince, and neither of them are likely.

You might enjoy the first season or two due to the novelty factor of different grounds to visit and new teams etc but your first crushing defeat to either a university, a borders town you've never heard of or a gimmick team will bring you a crushing realisation of the depressing reality of the Lowland league. You'll soon be stuck in the cycle of not being good enough to challenge for the league but not being shite enough to go down so your season will be done by the end of august when you've accrued 9 points but lost 2 games. Games mean nothing, only 3 teams bring any form of away support so atmosphere lacks which results in fans getting bored and disillusioned so crowds drop and then the games a bogey.

Enjoy your last game as an SPFL club next week and I look forward to a trip to your stock car facility next year.

Well,  I was feeling pretty down before heading off to bed, but your post, that has been very well written, has made me wish I hadn’t looked at the forum again until the morning. 😬