COWDENBEATH 2021-22

2 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Ta. I was told Ompreon was getting fouled plenty today. Wonder if the gaffer will give him a rest next week. He has become an important member of the attack and we could ill afford him to get an injury before the playoffs.... 

Aye, the big number 23 for Elgin, Ross Draper, was trying to get to know him very well. 🤔

15 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I don't see why Carty gets such a hard time. I think he's done well in his games for us.

Now is the time to support all the players and not pick on certain ones. You never know Carty may be our match winner in the play-offs. 

As you say Phil this isn’t the time to pick on certain players.

Just need to focus on the play offs.

35 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I don't see why Carty gets such a hard time. I think he's done well in his games for us.

Now is the time to support all the players and not pick on certain ones. You never know Carty may be our match winner in the play-offs. 

Yeah. I don't think he is that bad. Like a lot of players, he just needs a regular run out. Just a bit rusty, but he is unlikely to get many opportunities just now. Sometimes when you don't get many minutes you can overthink things and make a hash of it. Jordan Allan was like that. Bollan kept him on the bench, even when we didn't offer any threat and when he was brought on near the end he was too eager to make a quick impression and would mishit it or do an air-shot.

Chris Aikamhenze is fit again, but he will not be eligible for the play offs unfortunately.

The lads were terrific Saturday. That kind of result been coming. unbeaten in 6 and conceding very few goals. We have some players in excellent form which is great going into the play offs.

Get behind these lads Saturday and for the play offs.

Mone the Cowden

Great momentum going into the playoffs

Part of me thinking should we rest/protect some of our key players this Saturday to prevent potential injuries? Although on the flip side good to have the momentum going collectively.

Come on Cowden we can do the infamous Cowdenbeath Great Escape again.

Sir Alex I am sure will be keeping a close eye on how Cowden get on  😊

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Great momentum going into the playoffs

Part of me thinking should we rest/protect some of our key players this Saturday to prevent potential injuries? Although on the flip side good to have the momentum going collectively.

Come on Cowden we can do the infamous Cowdenbeath Great Escape again.

Sir Alex I am sure will be keeping a close eye on how Cowden get on  😊

Its a tough call, have seen similar scenarios work both ways. Sometimes another game helps to be right on it for the big game, sometimes a key player or 2 may get injured or suspended and it’s a disaster. As with everything you need a bit of luck whatever is decided. 
I would say play the best team to keep them match fit and keep the momentum but it’s easy for me to say that. 

Edited by big al

I noticed that someone on EBay is selling a programme supposedly from the Elgin/Cowdenbeath match on Saturday.

There was no programme produced by the club, but I have read somewhere about people producing programmes where teams don’t do their own, I think someone is doing it with Hibs as well, maybe the same people.  I am guessing these are completely without permission.

I’m not a collector but usually buy one at the game, not sure how I feel about these, surely can’t really count as a programme if not for sale at the game?

Has anyone seen any of these programmes?

As for the legality/ethics of this, I will not go into that…

52 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I noticed that someone on EBay is selling a programme supposedly from the Elgin/Cowdenbeath match on Saturday.

There was no programme produced by the club, but I have read somewhere about people producing programmes where teams don’t do their own, I think someone is doing it with Hibs as well, maybe the same people.  I am guessing these are completely without permission.

I’m not a collector but usually buy one at the game, not sure how I feel about these, surely can’t really count as a programme if not for sale at the game?

Has anyone seen any of these programmes?

As for the legality/ethics of this, I will not go into that…

Elgin had an on line programme on their website, must be a copy of that.

If there isn’t one at the game I consider it a non issue wouldn’t buy one of those hooky ones.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

If there isn’t one at the game I consider it a non issue wouldn’t buy one of those hooky ones.

Thanks, that’s exactly what it seems to be, so guess it’s official, weird that they don’t print a couple of hundred off to sell at the game. 

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Their online programme has Craig Barr down as 54 years old. Still a few seasons left in him yet!

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks, that’s exactly what it seems to be, so guess it’s official, weird that they don’t print a couple of hundred off to sell at the game. 

Hint, hint. 

Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh City programme was sold out the other week by the time I staggered out of Wee Jimmies to the Stadio Centrale... gripe, moan, complain. Looked an excellent read as always too!