COWDENBEATH 2021-22

My daughter has a big football tournament at the Oriam in the morning and we probably could have made it if we’d bombed down right after.

Quite tempted as never been there before but decided to be sensible and give it a miss. Will probably buy the stream though.

In case no one knows yet. Delighted to say I've managed to get Greg Stewart to play in the ex players and fans game. He is buzzing to be back (for one game only....l) and see ex team mates and old faces. Hopefully people can turn out for this and bids for the fans will continue up until 15th May.

49 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

In case no one knows yet. Delighted to say I've managed to get Greg Stewart to play in the ex players and fans game. He is buzzing to be back (for one game only....l) and see ex team mates and old faces. Hopefully people can turn out for this and bids for the fans will continue up until 15th May.

Don’t know if I’m right but would this be the day after the play off second leg if we’re in the playoffs?

Wee update on players game on 22nd May. The cut off for bids is 6th May. Some unbelievable talent and ex players playing so i would ask that anyone who is thinking of coming along on 22nd May please do and support this. ALL money raised goes to the club for next season.

There will be a special programme on the day as well as donation only at the gate. After the game lounge upstairs will be open to mingle and chat away with the players and I think a couple of the first team squad currently will be there also.

The reaction has been spectacular in all honesty from ex players and fans bidding also. 

If people can come out to support this on that Sunday 22nd (1pm ko) it would be greatly appreciated.

Mone the Cowden

58 minutes ago, PELE said:

Anyone else venturing north to Elgin tomorrow? Or, will it be déjà vu Annan again. Hopefully not our last trip up there for a league match. C'mon Cowden.

Me, the wife and daughter are currently enjoying our last evening in Inverness for an Easter break, and will be toddling along the A96 to Elgin, so at least 3 of us as well.

Not particularly looking forward to driving home to Edinburgh straight after as daughter has a match 10am Sunday. 🤨😁

Edited by Cowdenleith

Anyone else venturing north to Elgin tomorrow? Or, will it be déjà vu Annan again. Hopefully not our last trip up there for a league match. C'mon Cowden.

Would have went if it wasn’t a dead rubber but not now

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Me, the wife and daughter are currently enjoying our last evening in Inverness for an Easter break, and will be toddling along the A96 to Elgin, so at least 3 of us as well.

Not particularly looking forward to driving home to Edinburgh straight after as daughter has a match 10am Sunday. 🤨😁

We did it a few weeks ago- it doesn't seem such a bad journey back down the A95/A9 when the weather is good despite a defeat. Mind you I wasn't driving on that occasion! 

Enjoy it though, Borough Briggs in the sun is a nice sight.

What a second half, no time to post much just now, having a quick pit stop at McDonald’s before hitting the road.

Ompreon and Barrowman’s goals, just wow. Cammy had a great game, vital instinctive save low to his right at 1-0 just before we got the second.

The 180 miles or so don’t seem so bad now. 😀

My first match of the season. First half was dull with both sides having a half chance or 2.

2nd half Ompreon and Barrowman took over. Actually the difference was swapping Carty (wow) out got Buchanan. Liam made a huge difference.  The 4th goal was a peach of an own goal 😂

Barrowmans goal was one of the best I've seen in years.