COWDENBEATH 2021-22

6 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

So far another disaster.

Correct. This somes it up too 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60712658

I said when Kelty were in the East Division that Kelty would be our biggest threat to our existence and sadly if we go into the lowland league that could be the case

This could sadly be our last fight for survival and today's result and performance gives me no confidence we will win the playoffs we can't even create chances and score against a team being Stranraer who has only won four more games than us 

I am deeply concerned 

Edited by Cowden316

2 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

3-0 Stranraer absolutely no fight and relegation is pending now like

More comical defending from the Cowden defence, two defenders made a mess of it, and Cammy didn’t react well to the shot at his near post, after having a fine game to that point.

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

More comical defending from the Cowden defence, two defenders made a mess of it, and Cammy didn’t react well to the shot at his near post, after having a fine game to that point.

HL winner and Bonnyrigg  will be rubbing their hands this season let me tell you.

We only have ourselves to blame you can't keep playing roulette at the bottom of league 2

It's a results business which we can't seem to muster 

Really disappointed we just seem to have went into oblivion since Mid Feb 

Edited by Cowden316

That was woeful.  Liam Buchanan had a curling shot that went just wide after a mistake by their keeper, but that was about it for the second half.

But the lifeline is till there with the play offs at least.

Hope the injuries sustained are not too bad, but Craig Thomson didn’t look too good.

30 minutes ago, onecowden said:

We have to keep going. Feeling sorry for yourself is not what we need just now. All is not lost.

Your right but still hard to watch when we never make things easier but more difficult. We had another opportunity to cut the gap to 4 points and failed to do so yet again.

We just have to get on with the task and challenges ahead

Edited by Cowden316

Hope not lost yet. Onwards to Tuesday and see if we can beat Forfar. They are looking good for the play offs, so they might be less up for a battle.

Maybe we should change the formation. 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.  I'd like to see Ompreon and Coulson start with Liam. Coulson doesn't look like he will score, but he looks more likely to create chances. Also, Harvey can definitely create chances.

Hope not lost yet. Onwards to Tuesday and see if we can beat Forfar. They are looking good for the play offs, so they might be less up for a battle.
Maybe we should change the formation. 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.  I'd like to see Ompreon and Coulson start with Liam. Coulson doesn't look like he will score, but he looks more likely to create chances. Also, Harvey can definitely create chances.

That’s five games in a row where we should have taken something from a game. No-one looks likely to score.
Harvey has looked lost when I’ve seen him. He used to be able to drift past players but not any more.
Wonder if Renton scored again today.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Correct. This somes it up too 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60712658

I said when Kelty were in the East Division that Kelty would be our biggest threat to our existence and sadly if we go into the lowland league that could be the case

This could sadly be our last fight for survival and today's result and performance gives me no confidence we will win the playoffs we can't even create chances and score against a team being Stranraer who has only won four more games than us 

I am deeply concerned 

Kelty were always going to get into the SPFL, they had the foresight to move over before all the other junior sides and that made the journey easier for them.

Our problems go deeper than the Kelty threat, there is room for both to exist in the SPFL, sure they were always likely to overtake us given the money behind them.

One thing they have had over us apart from the obvious is that they market themselves well and have the village behind them.

Our marketing probably could and should have been better but that's probably a question for another day.

ITs been a downward spiral since we dropped out of the Championship , if only we had been able to consolidate in L1 for a few seasons.

We were very lucky last season not to be in this position thanks to Brechin and have had poor transfer windows so its hardly surprising where we are.

The signs of a struggle were there come then end of August starting with the game against Annan when we were the better side in the first half but never turned up in the second, then a few days later when we took the lead against Stranraer but threw the game away late on.

We have never recovered from those two defeats.

In reality its all about getting a settled side which can get through the play offs, i'll never give up until its impossible but you have to be realistic.

16 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That’s five games in a row where we should have taken something from a game. No-one looks likely to score.
Harvey has looked lost when I’ve seen him. He used to be able to drift past players but not any more.
Wonder if Renton scored again today.

REnton scored last night.

Wouldn't say we deserved to get something out of all five games. We didn't on Tuesday at Stirling and also by the sound of today nothing at Stranraer.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

REnton scored last night.

Wouldn't say we deserved to get something out of all five games. We didn't on Tuesday at Stirling and also by the sound of today nothing at Stranraer.

Deserved absolutely nothing today, terrible performance.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was going to get a stream but decoded to go up to the Hill of Beath game instead. Sounds like I made the right choice!

Yeah, tenner and two hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Stream was not bad, they do instant replays on key moments which was quite good.

14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, tenner and two hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Stream was not bad, they do instant replays on key moments which was quite good.

The stream commentary also mentioned how poor Cowden were on the stream several times and highlighted the league table doesn't lie. Couldn't argue with that assessment we are absolutely dreadful in front of goal and could cost us dearly if the manager doesn't fix the issue. Manager has had an opportunity in the window to address this but still no real impact or improvement in front of goal. 

They also said the best they seen us was at the first game again them at the start of the season.

Edited by Cowden316

The stream commentary also mentioned how poor Cowden were on the stream several times and highlighted the league table doesn't lie. Couldn't argue with that assessment we are absolutely dreadful in front of goal and could cost us dearly if the manager doesn't fix the issue. Manager has had an opportunity in the window to address this but still no real impact or improvement in front of goal. 
They also said the best they seen us was at the first game again them at the start of the season.

Renton and Buchanan up front for that one. Two defenders fell asleep otherwise we would have won that one.

5 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

And our four extra wins have all come against you. Been our ability to win those four games that has kept us clear of the danger zone. You’re right about creating chances as Liam Buchanan’s goal in the first meeting was your only goal against us. We have struggled to turn possession into goals all season - looks from this end as if that has plagued you guys even more.

Edited by Clayhole Blue