COWDENBEATH 2021-22

9 hours ago, onecowden said:

I can remember Frank Connors time at Cowden. Nothing but good words to say about him. RIP Frank and condolences to all family and friends. Legend of the game.

Frank is the first Cowden manager I can really remember, what a character he was.

Even played in goal for us when he was 40, Christmas Day 76 when we lost at Alloa.

I'd love to know why Liam doesn't start games. We had far more chances today than Kelty and another blank. Play him from the start!

Ompreon looks decent for this level. I thought Robbie Buchanan was our best player today. Put a shift in. I assume Ferguson was injured. Toddy is still scary to watch. He reacts too slowly. I'd have Ompreon, Liam and Barrowman or Coulson upfront.

Mullen was unlucky a couple of times. Just too heavy a touch in the first half and close with the free kick.

This is where is starts for us now on the survival quest. I think Stirling are the team to catch and we can start on Tuesday. Massive game for us. We have a decent squad now. Just need the best players starting the games.

Edited by PELE

Darren Jamieson man of the match a great second half from him.

How Fraser’s free kick stayed out defied gravity.

Hit the post/bar bounces off keepers shoulder and over the bar.

We never seem to learn that Joe needs to get the ball to his right foot, could he not have been closed down for the goal.

Positves at least we created a good few chances and the teams above dropped points but that’s no good unless we start winning ourselves.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Stole those points today , thought we edged it first half but second half was awe Cowden , still 3 points in the bag greatly accepted , noo cmon Cowden get out o this position if you play like that every week I think you might just do it 🤞

9 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Stole those points today , thought we edged it first half but second half was awe Cowden , still 3 points in the bag greatly accepted , noo cmon Cowden get out o this position if you play like that every week I think you might just do it 🤞

Wasn’t all that much in the first half apart from the customary goal from Joe.

I imagine the second half was one of the hardest you have had , apart from when Annan beat you down there.

8 hours ago, PELE said:

Home win today. Big Carty to open his Cowden account.

Wonder if Edinburgh City will manage to beat Albion Rovers in one game this season.

:whistle dodgy last minute penalty in a game they should have won about 5-0.... :lol:

miserable gits didn't even thank us for all the points we've spunked to them and the points we've stolen off youse to keep them off the bottom! 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

:whistle dodgy last minute penalty in a game they should have won about 5-0.... :lol:

miserable gits didn't even thank us for all the points we've spunked to them and the points we've stolen off youse to keep them off the bottom! 

Ungrateful that you gave them 9 points some folk are never happy.

52 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Thankfully you guys won. Rovers now have to play 2 games against Kelty and then Forfar after that. This is our chance to close the gap. We can catch Stirling and Albion Rovers. We need to go to Stirling on Tuesday and win.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Thankfully you guys won. Rovers now have to play 2 games against Kelty and then Forfar after that. This is our chance to close the gap. We can catch Stirling and Albion Rovers. We need to go to Stirling on Tuesday and win.

If we won on Tuesday you could see Stirling really shitting themselves.