COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Sad to see Renton’s time at Cowdenbeath end like that. It’s a bit of a puzzle as to why he wasn’t being given any game time after regaining his fitness. A better option than Carty in my humble opinion who seems rather cumbersome to me. 
I think most Cowden supporters would agree  that we are much better organised now, work hard and hard to score against. We still however lack an attacking edge and in recent games our solitary goals have come from pens. Liam is on the bench so why not at least give him some game time in the second half ?  I don’t understand an earlier comment about his legs being gone either. Bollan didn’t know how to use him to our best advantage and sadly the new manager doesn’t want to play him. 
I’m definitely more confident about our chances of surviving a play off now at least. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

Cowden have signed an attacking player on loan from Falkirk samuel ompreon. Never seen him play but I always judge on when he plays rather than others opinions.

think hes right sided attacker maybe can play through middle not sure.

Heard he was quite pacy which would be a bonus.

I had hoped Maurice might have been able to use his contacts at Rangers and Motherwell to get in an exciting young striker with a future in the game.

Instead we've brought in someone who can't get a game for an awful Falkirk side that Falkirk fans don't seem to rate at all.

As always, I'll give him a chance as sometimes players just don't click at a club. We really need goals though and Carty doesn't look like he has one in him. 

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I had hoped Maurice might have been able to use his contacts at Rangers and Motherwell to get in an exciting young striker with a future in the game.

Instead we've brought in someone who can't get a game for an awful Falkirk side that Falkirk fans don't seem to rate at all.

As always, I'll give him a chance as sometimes players just don't click at a club. We really need goals though and Carty doesn't look like he has one in him. 

It's the worst Falkirk side in at least 40 years, probably more like half a century.

Ompreon is a good laugh but as a player he’s fucking abysmal. He’s got some pace aye but has no idea at all what to do with it and he’s got no positional sense at all you really need to play someone with him to tell him where he’s meant to be. I’d imagine he’s he playing to the right of your front 3, his best (only tbh) game where he looked ok was playing wide right in a 4-2-3-1 where he looked reasonably threatening but this was in about October.

He’s become something of a joke/cult figure within a section of the support and it is a laugh whenever he gets some minutes. He might lose some sort of threat in League 2 but I’d be very surprised if he gets any more than 1 goal. You probably didn’t have a lot of options but I’m still sure you could’ve got better.

13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Let’s hope previous posters aren’t correct. If the lad can’t get a game for Falkirk ????

For as poor a side as Falkirk appear to be we’re hardly in a position to slag anyone 😀

9 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Let’s hope previous posters aren’t correct. If the lad can’t get a game for Falkirk ????

Suppose the high profile signing of Leigh Griffiths had pushed him even further down the pecking order. Good luck to the lad, see what he can make of it.

Bonnyrigg secured the play-off spot after their win tonight. Highland League now very tight at the top. Of course, we will be ok. We will catch Albion (Stirling or Rovers) in the remaining games, starting with a win on Saturday. Kelty don't need the points!