COWDENBEATH 2021-22

I’m in a group chat with some diehard Cowden fans, and the general feeling is disappointment there’s no communication, explanation, clarity or whatever you want to call it over the signing of Craig Thomson. 
The club is danger of alienating some fans without communication over this.

Would also like to say that there’s no appetite from most football fans I speak to for the 2 Glasgow bigot brothers to have B teams in the league, and would hope the club continues its previous stance of voting against this.

1 hour ago, big al said:

I’m in a group chat with some diehard Cowden fans, and the general feeling is disappointment there’s no communication, explanation, clarity or whatever you want to call it over the signing of Craig Thomson. 
The club is danger of alienating some fans without communication over this.

What do you expect the club to say exactly?  

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

What do you expect the club to say exactly?  

Appologies if I am incorrect but did any of Craig Thomsons previous clubs issue a "statement/expmation" around his signing for them? I dont think they did.

Don’t really care what other clubs do.

If the club don’t care that some fans won’t return then fine, that’s up to them I suppose. 
The club closed the Facebook page to comments after the signing announcement, so they are fully aware that there is an issue with it.

54 minutes ago, big al said:

Don’t really care what other clubs do.

If the club don’t care that some fans won’t return then fine, that’s up to them I suppose. 
The club closed the Facebook page to comments after the signing announcement, so they are fully aware that there is an issue with it.

What do you want the club to say? If fans have decided they aren't going to return, what could the board say to change their minds?

17 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Of course the club don’t have to say anything about signing him apart from the usual brief statements they issue after bringing players in. 
“ We are proud to announce that we have signed a convicted  sex offender “ doesn’t really cut it. 
It’s a like it or lump it situation. 

Fair enough. 
Folk will make their own minds up as you say, and no doubt a few fans will be lost. 

27 minutes ago, Somey said:

The club don't need to make statement but it would have been nice to see one or even kept the comments on the Facebook page.  This signing does not sit right with me.

A lot of them weren't comments though, they were abuse. Not sure if social media falls under the club's Unacceptable Conduct policy but some of those "comments" would have breached it.