COWDENBEATH 2021-22

What’s the thoughts on Craig McDowall signing?  Just as cover for Cammy Gill, or serious competition for number 1?

I don’t think Cammy has done anything to deserve losing his place, thoughts?

Looking forward to tomorrow, Albion would be happy with a draw, it’s a kind of must not lose for them, but an absolute must win for Cowdenbeath.

Am I right that Cowden fans will get an end of the stand, not sure if the rest of the ground is completely unused these days?

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Anyone know if we were looking at anymore signings this window?

The manager has said he wants to bring in a couple more players so I would imagine we'll see a few new faces.

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

What’s the thoughts on Craig McDowall signing?  Just as cover for Cammy Gill, or serious competition for number 1?

I don’t think Cammy has done anything to deserve losing his place, thoughts?

I think competition is good for Cammy. He's spent the whole season knowing that he is going to play no matter what. Now he knows he's got to stay on his toes because there's someone else waiting to take his place.

I think competition is good for Cammy. He's spent the whole season knowing that he is going to play no matter what. Now he knows he's got to stay on his toes because there's someone else waiting to take his place.

I think he has been on his toes all season and done a great job.

50 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

I think he has been on his toes all season and done a great job.

Cammy has done absolutely fine. Made a few mistakes but you expect that in a young keeper. His kicking needs improvement.

My point was that competition should be viewed as a positive thing for Cammy and the club.

Scrappy shitfest of a game as was predictable. Not helped by a whistle happy ref and a poor pitch and bad playing conditions. Had to turn the volume off on the stream as the Albion supporters brainless rants were giving me a headache. 
The sending off looked extremely soft and unjustified from what I could see. 
3 points gained though and the win was clearly essential. 
Can we play away from home every week please? ;) 

His kicking was fine today, into the wind in the second half it was difficult to reach halfway , but any clearances he had to make were dealt with no problem.

It’s not the distance it is the accuracy, either goes out of play or to the opposition. It would make such a difference if he could get that sorted. Otherwise an excellent keeper.

Delighted that we got the 3 points which was the main objective. 

Not the prettiest of games but we knew it wouldn't be and the 3 points was the aim.

As for Millers sending off 5 minutes before full time what was he thinking which could have sadly cost us 3 points. Hopefully lessons learned there. 

Overall though everyone connected to the club will be happy tonight. 

Well done to all the players and management with their hard work and determination paying off and hopefully we can string some wins together from here 

Watching that shows how lucky we are for BBTV. Ten times better.
The raging Rovers fans didn’t help. The favourite is always “how cin e b affside in his ahn half ya tube?”.

I have no idea what the penalty was for, I can only guess handball?

Moronic red, nae danger, in their half, just why? Woulda been sore if it did cost us, as we were marginally the better team in a fairly rubbish game.

Game on though!!

As for Millers sending off 5 minutes before full time what was he thinking which could have sadly cost us 3 points. Hopefully lessons learned there. 

He is never going to learn but to be fair it was a bit harsh on him today. His knee did appear to make contact with the guys face/head but not sure there was any intention. He was getting booked for something else, think it was kicking the ball away, before the linesman intervened for the ref to give a straight red.

He is never going to learn but to be fair it was a bit harsh on him today. His knee did appear to make contact with the guys face/head but not sure there was any intention. He was getting booked for something else, think it was kicking the ball away, before the linesman intervened for the ref to give a straight red.