COWDENBEATH 2021-22

8 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

You can't fault the players for effort. Even with ten men they never gave up. Referee was diabolical, the sfa seem to have an endless supply of them .

Unless you are suggesting the referees are biased, then how good or bad the refs are isn’t much to do with how good or bad the Cowden team is. 
Just deflecting from the real issues.

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

You can't fault the players for effort. Even with ten men they never gave up. Referee was diabolical, the sfa seem to have an endless supply of them .

They had the effort like all the games since MR took over.

Re the penalties the manager in his presser said that it was Barrowman who had got fouled at 1st penalty and that’s how he ended up coming off.

Second penalty one of our players encroached the box before kick was taken, great double save by Davie as well.

Ref was inconsistent booking our players for things and not  Annan’s for the same things but as Al says blaming him won’t solve our issues.

A frustrating afternoon!

Edited by cowdenbeath

Guest mr_malcolm
Ref was booed when his name was read out by the Annan Support, can realise why now?

Why did the Annan support read out the refs name ?

The referee had a shocker..  I would say Annan were very fortunate to get the 2 penalties and we were very fortunate to get our goal.  However the antics of the Annan players conning the ref especially number 7 was embarrassing they went down at every opportunity slowing the game down.  A few hefty challenges from both teams and Annans number 4 was extremely lucky to stay on the park with the number of rash  challenges he made.  No complaints about Craig Barr’s sending off just disappointing the way he got sent off. All in all a very disappointing result.

14 minutes ago, Cowden41 said:

The referee had a shocker..  I would say Annan were very fortunate to get the 2 penalties and we were very fortunate to get our goal.  However the antics of the Annan players conning the ref especially number 7 was embarrassing they went down at every opportunity slowing the game down.  A few hefty challenges from both teams and Annans number 4 was extremely lucky to stay on the park with the number of rash  challenges he made.  No complaints about Craig Barr’s sending off just disappointing the way he got sent off. All in all a very disappointing result.

Yes Annan have history of this

Took this game in as a neutral. The ref had a lot to contend with and definitely got some wrong, but I thought he got the key decisions right (both pens, the red card, Cowden's goal (although I was surprised he gave it) and presumably the penalty re-take).

I thought despite being so far adrift at the bottom and given today's result Cowden were decent, but just seemed intent on shooting themselves in the foot.

On 03/01/2022 at 23:00, tamthebam said:

Lorraine's doing Forfar v Stranraer on Saturday and you're more likely to catch Stranraer than Forfar so if she gives the Loons a dodgy penalty you'll know she's a secret Blue Brazilian :lol:

Somewhat prophetic!

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Took this game in as a neutral. The ref had a lot to contend with and definitely got some wrong, but I thought he got the key decisions right (both pens, the red card, Cowden's goal (although I was surprised he gave it) and presumably the penalty re-take).

I thought despite being so far adrift at the bottom and given today's result Cowden were decent, but just seemed intent on shooting themselves in the foot.

Difficult, as there’s little foot left after the first half of the season.

Any word on if Maurice is interesting in keeping Coulson till seasons end? I see Mahady is back at Raith, but no word on Coulson.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Any word on if Maurice is interesting in keeping Coulson till seasons end? I see Mahady is back at Raith, but no word on Coulson.

Coulson was on the bench today so maybe still in the plans.

He looked the better prospect out of the two.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

I’m sure I heard the tannoy say Coulson came on near the end when we were leaving. 
He can’t rate him much if he starts Bobby Barr in a forward role before him. Been a while since I have seen a forward look so lost in the role. 
To be  honest the first 20 the whole team were a shambles. 
Once the new boy went off injured and Liam came on they started to grow in to the game for a while.