COWDENBEATH 2021-22

January may well prove to be one of the most important months in the destiny of this football club.

We/Maurice/the club need to recruit players that will bring something to the table that we currently don't have - of similar ilk to when we signed Jordyn Sheerin and Bryan Gilfillan. 

In spite of deserving the win last week, this bunch of players won't dig us out the hole we're in.

Edited by CowdenLoyal

ls everyone too cheesed off to bother commenting on Saturdays game? Travelled 150 miles in pouring rain only to miss the first goal as I was too busy watching Mullen and the Stranraer no 2 having a stand up fight in the middle of the park. Mullen's temperament really is a problem Second goal took a big deflection and was scored while Craig Barr was off getting treatment. Here endeth the excuses. Same team as finished last week but not the same performance. Give the manager his due, he took Hutton off at half time, swapped things around  and we were the better side in the second half, but you never had the feeling we were going to get back in it Hit the bar and squandered three half decent chances. It is vital that we improve our finishing. Ross Clarke is about the only player who hasn't had a run out under the new boss. I imagine there will be some changes come January but in the mean time we have two home games we really must get something from 

ls everyone too cheesed off to bother commenting on Saturdays game? Travelled 150 miles in pouring rain only to miss the first goal as I was too busy watching Mullen and the Stranraer no 2 having a stand up fight in the middle of the park. Mullen's temperament really is a problem Second goal took a big deflection and was scored while Craig Barr was off getting treatment. Here endeth the excuses. Same team as finished last week but not the same performance. Give the manager his due, he took Hutton off at half time, swapped things around  and we were the better side in the second half, but you never had the feeling we were going to get back in it Hit the bar and squandered three half decent chances. It is vital that we improve our finishing. Ross Clarke is about the only player who hasn't had a run out under the new boss. I imagine there will be some changes come January but in the mean time we have two home games we really must get something from 

About sums it up. I was also too busy watching the scrap in the centre circle to see the first goal.

Gave away two shit goals and too soft with the chances we had. You’re not going to beat any keeper with weak shooting.

Coulson made a difference when he came on but didn’t try to commit defenders when he got in the box.

We let their number 2 boss the midfield.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

I was also one of the 14 who traveled down.

Stranraer are a much stronger side than the one we currently have.

Game was done by half time although we had chances I always felt we were never going to get back into it.

For me it has always been damage limitation until the window reopens.

At least Elgin got a bit of a spanking at Annan.

35 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Apathy has well and truly set in on here it would seem.

I'd say Saturday's game v Albion Rovers is a must win.

Every game is a must win currency in our position!

A win would put us within five points of them.

Depends a lot on how they react to getting pumped at Kelty yesterday.

About sums it up. I was also too busy watching the scrap in the centre circle to see the first goal.

Gave away two shit goals and too soft with the chances we had. You’re not going to beat any keeper with weak shooting.

Coulson made a difference when he came on but didn’t try to commit defenders when he got in the box.

We let their number 2 boss the midfield.

Fed up saying if we don’t shoot we won’t score.