COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Can only echo what’s been said, superb effort from Nelly to organise and get all those players along. 

Class from Al to sponsor it is well. 

Let’s hope that’s a line in a sand under last season and this is the start of a much more positive period for the club.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Can only echo what’s been said, superb effort from Nelly to organise and get all those players along. 

Class from Al to sponsor it is well. 

Let’s hope that’s a line in a sand under last season and this is the start of a much more positive period for the club.

It was a great selection of players….and you😀😀

9 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Sorry I couldn’t stick around to sign your programme!

Shit yours was the one I wanted as well.

At least you can say you played for Cowden on the hallowed turf and got your name in our famous programme.

First for anyone on here who donated or came to the game or any players on here (i know theres a couple....haha) thank you to every one of you. 

The day was class from start to finish. Special mention to Greg stewart who despite signing a 2 year lucrative deal with mumbai city wanted to start and play and give up his time to come along. He said nel just give me 20 mins in case a get injured then bang after 40 I still couldnt get him off the pitch. Listen credit to every single player who turned up a few boys have still got a lot of class e.g Colin Cameron! wow. Coultsy scoring a screamer never scored goals like that when actually playing!

Someone asked how much was raised and as it stands its £3645 which of course all goes to the club. More than the raised money it was a superb effort from volunteers and the community. People engaging and really backing the cowden cause. Its what is needed from here on in.

The players have always said its a great little club with great people and some of these lads truly want the best. 2 guys have offered to sign for us for next season lol.... 

listen thanks again to everyone. Lets kick on and get behind the club for what is a new venture and era.

Mon the Cowden.

p.s I was strolling it until i rolled my ankle. Its up like a balloon this morning black and blue and sadly cant make my work....what a shame...

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

First for anyone on here who donated or came to the game or any players on here (i know theres a couple....haha) thank you to every one of you. 

The day was class from start to finish. Special mention to Greg stewart who despite signing a 2 year lucrative deal with mumbai city wanted to start and play and give up his time to come along. He said nel just give me 20 mins in case a get injured then bang after 40 I still couldnt get him off the pitch. Listen credit to every single player who turned up a few boys have still got a lot of class e.g Colin Cameron! wow. Coultsy scoring a screamer never scored goals like that when actually playing!

Someone asked how much was raised and as it stands its £3645 which of course all goes to the club. More than the raised money it was a superb effort from volunteers and the community. People engaging and really backing the cowden cause. Its what is needed from here on in.

The players have always said its a great little club with great people and some of these lads truly want the best. 2 guys have offered to sign for us for next season lol.... 

listen thanks again to everyone. Lets kick on and get behind the club for what is a new venture and era.

Mon the Cowden.

p.s I was strolling it until i rolled my ankle. Its up like a balloon this morning black and blue and sadly cant make my work....what a shame...

Many thanks Nelly and bless for such a great day. As for the ankle, been there, done that. (I got the ball he got me). Hope you recover soon.

On 21/05/2022 at 21:03, Lichtie78 said:

We train in Perth & half our team is from Edinburgh so the travel isn’t really a factor IMO. In fact, I’m sure he has worked with our own David Gold’s Gold & Gray academy before as well.

Your source was immaculate, Cammy has signed for Arbroath, says as back up but manager thinks could be challenging blah blah.

Can’t help but think that is a bit of a backward step for Cammy, but good luck to him.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Your source was immaculate, Cammy has signed for Arbroath, says as back up but manager thinks could be challenging blah blah.
Can’t help but think that is a bit of a backward step for Cammy, but good luck to him.

That big backward step from the Lowland League to Championship

7 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
39 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

That big backward step from the Lowland League to Championship

Obviously not what I meant, fud.

13 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Hopefully we can get another good keeper on a permanent signing as he was a good signing for us last season and seasons prior we have ended up with just loan keepers 

I had heard some time back that Craig McDowall had agreed a deal for 22/23.

Whether that was dependent on Cowden staying in the SPFL I cannot say (as it was a number of weeks back when we were still hopeful).

I guess any tentative agreements could now be ripped up by either party.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Pot 5 for us tomorrow in the premier sports cup. A chance to get some interesting ties as no longer split into north/south. For myself personally these are just pre season friendlies would rather ties that are going to bring in a wee bit of cash aberdeen/hibs from pot 1 and dunfermline from pot 2 ideal.

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Pot 5 for us tomorrow in the premier sports cup. A chance to get some interesting ties as no longer split into north/south. For myself personally these are just pre season friendlies would rather ties that are going to bring in a wee bit of cash aberdeen/hibs from pot 1 and dunfermline from pot 2 ideal.

Is that the League Cup?

7 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Is that the League Cup?

Yes it is.  I agree that it would be good to get a couple of ties that would generate some decent income, although even SPL clubs struggle to pull in much of a crowd at the group stage.

I think I read that the draw is live on Premier Sports at 1pm tomorrow, if y’all really want some excitement. 😆

Edited by Cowdenleith