COWDENBEATH 2021-22

36 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Moneybags Darvel Football Club Incoming ....................😘

It seems inevitable that we will see more West of Scotland league clubs along with Darvel in league 2. Auchinleck, Pollok and even Clydebank could probably all do a job at our level. Will be interesting to see how the East and South teams compete. 

Sorry to see Cowden go, I think they can come back up but depends on how strong Darvel will be, assuming they win the playoff against Tranent/Penicuik and St.Cuthberts. 

Edited by Old Fashioned Stramash

1 hour ago, Brewing up a storm said:

I'm no fan of Cowden whatsoever, but, unlike your team Livingston, at least they don't exist because they destroyed another club. And at least Cowden haven't gone into administration twice to avoid paying debts to local companies...

None of this takes the shine off seeing them go down I’m afraid.

29 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

I never used to mind Cowdenbeath until you brought the raging bigot Findlay on board and all that went with him. For those reasons I'm glad you've gone. You can come back when you're bigot free. 

All that went with him? Can you explain? 

Literally no idea what you're on about. 

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Our problem at East Kilbride too and probably for every town in Scotland.

This year East Kilbride (New town) turns 75, we're playing a cup final tomorrow and I bet if you stopped a hundred people in the town they wouldn't know, it's shameful.

My uncle, born and bred in Buckie is a Celtic season ticket holder. Gie yersel a shake FFS.

Places like EK will get it worse close to Glasgow.

On top of that the original town folk would be overspill from the city and family football traditions will have followed.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Places like EK will get it worse close to Glasgow.

On top of that the original town folk would be overspill from the city and family football traditions will have followed.

It's really frustrating. There's no reason why ek, a town of nearly 90k should be getting a crowd of at least 1k.

Maybe if we progress we'll attract some glory hunters 😂

You'll be (for a season at least) one of the few Lowland League clubs not to vote for the Colts and therefore good guys. 

It seemed pretty clear from posts on here that Cowdenbeath were one of the clubs who could have been most easily swayed to voting for them in the SPFL a couple of years back. One of their posters who was connected with the club kept trying to argue in favour of it on here.

1 hour ago, hoobahabba said:

None of this takes the shine off seeing them go down I’m afraid.

Fan of a premier league club trolling the bottom team in the top 4 leagues, embarrassing.

About as embarrassing as your tiny support rattling round in that 10k stadium, which has truly one of the worst playing surfaces in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

It's really frustrating. There's no reason why ek, a town of nearly 90k should be getting a crowd of at least 1k.

Maybe if we progress we'll attract some glory hunters 😂

Aye it’s shite. I suppose on top of all the Glasgow sides you have Motherwell and Hamilton on your door as well.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It seemed pretty clear from posts on here that Cowdenbeath were one of the clubs who could have been most easily swayed to voting for them in the SPFL a couple of years back. One of their posters who was connected with the club kept trying to argue in favour of it on here.

We voted against Rangers in the championship.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Aye it’s shite. I suppose on top of all the Glasgow sides you have Motherwell and Hamilton on your door as well.

Aye, my next door neighbour goes to watch the accies, I've tried but yer team is yer team is suppose

Sorry to see you guys go down, never missed an away day there since City came up (Lockdown excepted) and posters on here have always been friendly despite some differences of opinion.

Good luck for next season.