Jump to content

COWDENBEATH 2021-22


Recommended Posts

Dean being a little too honest, i was quite surprised to hear him being booed from the start of the game, i always liked him as a player and was hating to see him play against us, is it really the same Referee for Saturday? guys clueless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I have a feeling than any random trying to buy a big amount maybe told it’s not happening .

I was at Berwick when they went down and the most you could buy was 2 copies.

If the worst happens you could always produce the "special exclusive boardroom" edition of the programme and sell it to the gullible for a fat pile of cash. An unscrupulous Penicuik programme editor did this many years ago when they played Hearts in a pre-season friendly, selling a one off copy he ran up to some gullible Jambo collector!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Dean being a little too honest, i was quite surprised to hear him being booed from the start of the game, i always liked him as a player and was hating to see him play against us, is it really the same Referee for Saturday? guys clueless.

Dean bet against us. I don't think he ever gave less than 100% for the club or was trying to match fix but the fact he bet against us was enough.

He also said on a podcast that the club didn't do anything for him (absolute nonsense) and shouldn't have released him - making jokes about it. The club did the right thing - there's no way Dean could have or should have been kept on after that. How could fans or his team mates have trusted him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Dean being a little too honest, i was quite surprised to hear him being booed from the start of the game, i always liked him as a player and was hating to see him play against us, is it really the same Referee for Saturday? guys clueless.

I thought the boos and a few shouts were in jest, affectionate almost for an old friend, they didn’t really sound vitriolic, not that he would know that from the pitch mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Dean bet against us. I don't think he ever gave less than 100% for the club or was trying to match fix but the fact he bet against us was enough.

He also said on a podcast that the club didn't do anything for him (absolute nonsense) and shouldn't have released him - making jokes about it. The club did the right thing - there's no way Dean could have or should have been kept on after that. How could fans or his team mates have trusted him.

What podcast was this on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Yeah had no issues with Cowden support, wish we had more to shout about but unfortunately the referee had huge impact on the game, yeah heard  Dean on another podcast saying he loves that he wins every week, than lose, like at Cowden, i dunno if hes being stupid, serious or just joking but he did play like he hated us at weekend, 

As someone previously mentioned, he isn’t exactly a Mastermind contender. Always loved him as a player during his time with Cowden and rarely saw him give anything other than 100 % when he played for us and I was pleased that he had been given another chance by another team. I think that the club were more than fair with him during the betting scandal and offered him more help and support than many others would have. Swan was a  fud to lunge in again  and deserved his sending off but Brett obviously milked it to the max. Easy to say it’s part of the game but it’s not something I ever like to see. I’d never condone a Cowden player doing that, 

Edited by Only coo in the village
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the questionable pleasure of attending this 'best of the rest' tie as a neutral on Saturday. It must be said that Bonnyrigg were outstanding, particularly one Lee Currie who controlled the tempo from his midfield berth. However, if this truly was a 'best of the rest' fixture, then not much can be said about 'the rest' if Cowdenbeath constitute one half of 'the best'.  

The first leg's inevitable conclusion was hastened as it approached the half-time mark, with Cowdenbeath's Harvey Swann sealing the deal. After a vicious hatchet-job on the aforementioned Currie (which he was fortunate not to see red for), Harvey then Swanned into another rash challenge, which earned him a second yellow and proved to be his Swannsong. It came as no surprise thereafter that Cowden were unable to weather the Bonnyrigg storm, with the first goal coming mere minutes later through an excellent piece of opportunism from the big blonde(?) striker McGachie.  

Then came the incident which has, as I've bizarrely just read, caused some considerable consternation among commentators. It's nothing new that most armchair football pundits form hard-set opinions on officiating with little knowledge of the game's laws. but the nature of the discussion orbiting Bonnyrigg's penalty award since the event has really stuck in my craw.  

Having become greatly disillusioned with the prima donna nature of the nationalised leagues, in recent seasons I’ve been a great champion of the Highland, Lowland and now West of Scotland leagues. The matchday experience is, I find, absolutely superb – the ability to watch games from various vantage points in terracing is a particular boon. I made good on my ability to do so at the weekend, too; I constantly analyse games to identify the key action areas of the pitch, or 'danger nodes', as I call them. With the sending-off of The Blue Brazil’s left wing-back, I identified one such node as being situated between the intersections of the six-yard and penalty boxes with the bye-line, beyond Cammy Gill’s left post.  

Not long after that first goal, a hush fell around me as Bonnyrigg's man charged into the inside channel of the box, pursuing a long ball like a runaway hound. With he and his marker jostling, the defender - as limp as his side on the day - collapsed to the ground under modest pressure. Desperately trying to maintain his balance and prevent another clear chance, the stopper's outstretched arm clearly extended outwards, wrapping around the attacker and hauling him to the ground. It was unquestionably a penalty.  

Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 


What are you referring to? No-one else has called anything out?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Callous_Pint said:

It came as no surprise thereafter that Cowden were unable to weather the Bonnyrigg storm, with the first goal coming mere minutes later through an excellent piece of opportunism from the big blonde(?) striker McGachie. 

The striker who was serving the first of a three match suspension and not on the pitch?
 

33 minutes ago, Callous_Pint said:

Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 

Good for you. You call out those actions by not saying anything. Hate to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:


 

 


What are you referring to? No-one else has called anything out?

 

Exactly never heard anything,

then again he thought the guy who scored the first goal was someone who was suspended, didn’t even get his hair colour right😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Callous_Pint said:

I had the questionable pleasure of attending this 'best of the rest' tie as a neutral on Saturday. It must be said that Bonnyrigg were outstanding, particularly one Lee Currie who controlled the tempo from his midfield berth. However, if this truly was a 'best of the rest' fixture, then not much can be said about 'the rest' if Cowdenbeath constitute one half of 'the best'.  

The first leg's inevitable conclusion was hastened as it approached the half-time mark, with Cowdenbeath's Harvey Swann sealing the deal. After a vicious hatchet-job on the aforementioned Currie (which he was fortunate not to see red for), Harvey then Swanned into another rash challenge, which earned him a second yellow and proved to be his Swannsong. It came as no surprise thereafter that Cowden were unable to weather the Bonnyrigg storm, with the first goal coming mere minutes later through an excellent piece of opportunism from the big blonde(?) striker McGachie.  

Then came the incident which has, as I've bizarrely just read, caused some considerable consternation among commentators. It's nothing new that most armchair football pundits form hard-set opinions on officiating with little knowledge of the game's laws. but the nature of the discussion orbiting Bonnyrigg's penalty award since the event has really stuck in my craw.  

Having become greatly disillusioned with the prima donna nature of the nationalised leagues, in recent seasons I’ve been a great champion of the Highland, Lowland and now West of Scotland leagues. The matchday experience is, I find, absolutely superb – the ability to watch games from various vantage points in terracing is a particular boon. I made good on my ability to do so at the weekend, too; I constantly analyse games to identify the key action areas of the pitch, or 'danger nodes', as I call them. With the sending-off of The Blue Brazil’s left wing-back, I identified one such node as being situated between the intersections of the six-yard and penalty boxes with the bye-line, beyond Cammy Gill’s left post.  

Not long after that first goal, a hush fell around me as Bonnyrigg's man charged into the inside channel of the box, pursuing a long ball like a runaway hound. With he and his marker jostling, the defender - as limp as his side on the day - collapsed to the ground under modest pressure. Desperately trying to maintain his balance and prevent another clear chance, the stopper's outstretched arm clearly extended outwards, wrapping around the attacker and hauling him to the ground. It was unquestionably a penalty.  

Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 

What a pile of mince.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

The striker who was serving the first of a three match suspension and not on the pitch?
 

Good for you. You call out those actions by not saying anything. Hate to see it.

Think his dealer must have made a few quid off him😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/05/2022 at 19:26, Cowden316 said:

Anyone else still fuming about Saturdays players performance and the penalty, I am.

Shame like a player's Red card it can't be appealed as the video evidence of that penalty would be surely to chop a goal off Bonnyrigg going into the second leg. To be fair to Robbie Horn even he admitted it was soft.

Hoping these players as said previously show the levels expected on Saturday to keep our senior status like the Cowden stars of yesterday have done in the past if they have any respect to the history of this club.

So annoyed about Saturday it would be good for a board and fans meeting with the players and management prior to Saturday spelling out our passion for our football club and what it means to everyone to keep our SPFL status.

At the end of the day there is no club without the fans and board players and management move on and loyal Cowdenbeath FC fans don't

 

 

 

You'll still be senior even if you get relegated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the questionable pleasure of attending this 'best of the rest' tie as a neutral on Saturday. It must be said that Bonnyrigg were outstanding, particularly one Lee Currie who controlled the tempo from his midfield berth. However, if this truly was a 'best of the rest' fixture, then not much can be said about 'the rest' if Cowdenbeath constitute one half of 'the best'.  
The first leg's inevitable conclusion was hastened as it approached the half-time mark, with Cowdenbeath's Harvey Swann sealing the deal. After a vicious hatchet-job on the aforementioned Currie (which he was fortunate not to see red for), Harvey then Swanned into another rash challenge, which earned him a second yellow and proved to be his Swannsong. It came as no surprise thereafter that Cowden were unable to weather the Bonnyrigg storm, with the first goal coming mere minutes later through an excellent piece of opportunism from the big blonde(?) striker McGachie.  
Then came the incident which has, as I've bizarrely just read, caused some considerable consternation among commentators. It's nothing new that most armchair football pundits form hard-set opinions on officiating with little knowledge of the game's laws. but the nature of the discussion orbiting Bonnyrigg's penalty award since the event has really stuck in my craw.  
Having become greatly disillusioned with the prima donna nature of the nationalised leagues, in recent seasons I’ve been a great champion of the Highland, Lowland and now West of Scotland leagues. The matchday experience is, I find, absolutely superb – the ability to watch games from various vantage points in terracing is a particular boon. I made good on my ability to do so at the weekend, too; I constantly analyse games to identify the key action areas of the pitch, or 'danger nodes', as I call them. With the sending-off of The Blue Brazil’s left wing-back, I identified one such node as being situated between the intersections of the six-yard and penalty boxes with the bye-line, beyond Cammy Gill’s left post.  
Not long after that first goal, a hush fell around me as Bonnyrigg's man charged into the inside channel of the box, pursuing a long ball like a runaway hound. With he and his marker jostling, the defender - as limp as his side on the day - collapsed to the ground under modest pressure. Desperately trying to maintain his balance and prevent another clear chance, the stopper's outstretched arm clearly extended outwards, wrapping around the attacker and hauling him to the ground. It was unquestionably a penalty.  
Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 

What a pile of dross. Hope you didn’t waste too much time on this.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Callous_Pint said:

I had the questionable pleasure of attending this 'best of the rest' tie as a neutral on Saturday. It must be said that Bonnyrigg were outstanding, particularly one Lee Currie who controlled the tempo from his midfield berth. However, if this truly was a 'best of the rest' fixture, then not much can be said about 'the rest' if Cowdenbeath constitute one half of 'the best'.  

The first leg's inevitable conclusion was hastened as it approached the half-time mark, with Cowdenbeath's Harvey Swann sealing the deal. After a vicious hatchet-job on the aforementioned Currie (which he was fortunate not to see red for), Harvey then Swanned into another rash challenge, which earned him a second yellow and proved to be his Swannsong. It came as no surprise thereafter that Cowden were unable to weather the Bonnyrigg storm, with the first goal coming mere minutes later through an excellent piece of opportunism from the big blonde(?) striker McGachie.  

Then came the incident which has, as I've bizarrely just read, caused some considerable consternation among commentators. It's nothing new that most armchair football pundits form hard-set opinions on officiating with little knowledge of the game's laws. but the nature of the discussion orbiting Bonnyrigg's penalty award since the event has really stuck in my craw.  

Having become greatly disillusioned with the prima donna nature of the nationalised leagues, in recent seasons I’ve been a great champion of the Highland, Lowland and now West of Scotland leagues. The matchday experience is, I find, absolutely superb – the ability to watch games from various vantage points in terracing is a particular boon. I made good on my ability to do so at the weekend, too; I constantly analyse games to identify the key action areas of the pitch, or 'danger nodes', as I call them. With the sending-off of The Blue Brazil’s left wing-back, I identified one such node as being situated between the intersections of the six-yard and penalty boxes with the bye-line, beyond Cammy Gill’s left post.  

Not long after that first goal, a hush fell around me as Bonnyrigg's man charged into the inside channel of the box, pursuing a long ball like a runaway hound. With he and his marker jostling, the defender - as limp as his side on the day - collapsed to the ground under modest pressure. Desperately trying to maintain his balance and prevent another clear chance, the stopper's outstretched arm clearly extended outwards, wrapping around the attacker and hauling him to the ground. It was unquestionably a penalty.  

Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter. 

What a waffly lot of pish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Callous_Pint said:

Unfortunately, an unpleasant end to the game soured what had been an otherwise enjoyable day at New Dundas Park. While this was undoubtedly an emotional day for Cowdenbeath supporters, there is absolutely no place in the sport for the kind of behaviour that occurred. Call me a woke snowflake, but I can't stand idly by and condone such actions, which need to be called out. I won’t say any more on the matter

No way has my man devoted a paragraph to me (and only me) giving Brett365 one more earful before I took off at full time 😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...