COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Just seen the LL Forum. What kind of Comic Cuts League are we being consigned to?

So it looks like the uglies and Hearts have banded together to demand all 3 are allowed to compete in the LL next season but the LL are holding firm at 2.

If they don’t get their way they say that none of them will take part, and it looks like the LL teams are calling their bluff and saying so be it.

Is that about right? 

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Just seen the LL Forum. What kind of Comic Cuts League are we being consigned to?

That’s not the way to go about this looking down on the LL before we get there.

Being all Billy big baws about them does us no favours.

It’s that much of a comic league that we shipped 8 goals in 3 games against LL sides.

By the way I agree about the B teams being crap but it is what it is and we just have to live with it.

3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

No real surprise considering the lack of game time under Ross, who appears to be staying. 

I imagine Liam would be a top earner and we probably couldn’t have afforded to hang onto him but it’s sad the way things panned out for him this season.

I imagine Liam would be a top earner and we probably couldn’t have afforded to hang onto him but it’s sad the way things panned out for him this season.

Aye, everyone happy when he came but was he still good enough?
I’m still hurting about Renton, he could have made the difference.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I don’t have a programme to hand but I think Liam still scored around 11 goals in a struggling team, with lots of sub appearances included in his appearances, so not too bad.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

So it looks like the uglies and Hearts have banded together to demand all 3 are allowed to compete in the LL next season but the LL are holding firm at 2.

If they don’t get their way they say that none of them will take part, and it looks like the LL teams are calling their bluff and saying so be it.

Is that about right? 

Hope so!

Nae B teams would be a result.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t have a programme to hand but I think Liam still scored around 11 goals in a struggling team, with lots of sub appearances included in his appearances, so not too bad.

He did score 11 goals top scorer by a mile.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I think he was he ended our top scorer, if he wasn’t good enough it dosn’t say much about the other forwards.

As for Renton I’ve previously said here I would have kept him until the end of the season.

I see Darvel beat St Cuthberts 3-1 last night in the play-offs to enter the Lowland League. Tranent beat St Cuthberts 7-0 though, so maybe Tranent will win the final game against Darvel on Saturday. The game is at Darvel though. Not sure if it is just luck of the draw to get that game at home.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

I see Darvel beat St Cuthberts 3-1 last night in the play-offs to enter the Lowland League. Tranent beat St Cuthberts 7-0 though, so maybe Tranent will win the final game against Darvel on Saturday. The game is at Darvel though. Not sure if it is just luck of the draw to get that game at home.

Out of interest, who was the next places team behind Bonnyrigg excluding the B teams?

I know Bonnyrigg were well ahead of the rest.