COWDENBEATH 2021-22

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yes it is.  I agree that it would be good to get a couple of ties that would generate some decent income, although even SPL clubs struggle to pull in much of a crowd at the group stage.

I think I read that the draw is live on Premier Sports at 1pm tomorrow, if y’all really want some excitement. 😆

Cheers. Good to hear its not region based this time. Will still get Dundee Utd away again though. 

Edit: Talking shite, Dundee Utd not in group stage.

Edited by HenryHill

13 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yes it is.  I agree that it would be good to get a couple of ties that would generate some decent income, although even SPL clubs struggle to pull in much of a crowd at the group stage.

I think I read that the draw is live on Premier Sports at 1pm tomorrow, if y’all really want some excitement. 😆

You really want Aberdeen or Hibs from pot 1 to make some money.

Nothing to do with me never seeing the first team play at Pitoddrie.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Your source was immaculate, Cammy has signed for Arbroath, says as back up but manager thinks could be challenging blah blah.

Can’t help but think that is a bit of a backward step for Cammy, but good luck to him.

Agree. It is a backward step, as he won't get a game unless Gaston gets injured. Good luck to him though. Young enough to improve, but he needs to be playing.

We have had good keepers over the years and I didn't think Gill was any great shakes. He was ok. His judgement at times was poor and kicking also poor, although improving. Never had any confidence in him saving penalties either, and I don't think he did.

12 minutes ago, PELE said:

Agree. It is a backward step, as he won't get a game unless Gaston gets injured. Good luck to him though. Young enough to improve, but he needs to be playing.

We have had good keepers over the years and I didn't think Gill was any great shakes. He was ok. His judgement at times was poor and kicking also poor, although improving. Never had any confidence in him saving penalties either, and I don't think he did.

Seen worse, seen better also.

He was steady enough in the main part but dropped some clangers as well against Kelty and Forfar.

At his age he really should be playing regular after being no 2 so long at the Pars, I’m sure his year of getting a regular game with us will have helped him.

A tough job trying to oust Gaston from the Arbroath goal.

27 minutes ago, PELE said:

Magic dabrowski was class until he got that swinging elbow from marsh at stenny!

Liked him as shot stopper but poor at cross balls and just awful at kicking despite having the best fielder of a ball I’ve ever seen helping out.

I think I know the answer to this but can Juvenile season ticket holders get a club 135 lounge membership and if so, how much?

If be interested in getting one but my son is a season ticket holder as well and as going to the game is something we do disappearing at half time every other weekend isn't something I'd want to do.

Congrats to cammy on the move. It's a great move for him. Please dont forget the lad is jumping 2 or 3 leagues and very few people in lower league Scotland do that.

Cammy has bags of potential and with certain areas of his game fine tuned he can be a gk who can stay in the championship for years.

We were never gonna keep cammy once we went down most likely due to finance and the fact the lad wouldnt want to play in lowland league.

Best of luck to him. Hes a great hard working boy.

For the club yeah we need to find a new gk and I'm sure work is ongoing on that front.

A lot of people on holiday just now including players too. 

28 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Congrats to cammy on the move. It's a great move for him. Please dont forget the lad is jumping 2 or 3 leagues and very few people in lower league Scotland do that.

Calum Antell made the exact same move. Went from playing every week in League 2 to being on the bench at Arbroath.

Not a great move for Cammy. Could probably have stepped up and been a number 1 at a League 1 club.

22 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:
see you soon

God I hope not. Blurgh.

Imagine having to put up with a bell end like you while being in the frigging lowland league!!!!  Just be happy in your below average mediocrity, never seeing your team win a league title in it’s entire history. Now that is sad. 

Calum Antell made the exact same move. Went from playing every week in League 2 to being on the bench at Arbroath.

Not a great move for Cammy. Could probably have stepped up and been a number 1 at a League 1 club.

Several good keepers in our league last season. I laughed when I first saw the Bonnyrigg keeper but he turned out to be pretty good.

Imagine having to put up with a bell end like you while being in the frigging lowland league!!!!  Just be happy in your below average mediocrity, never seeing your team win a league title in it’s entire history. Now that is sad. 

Stenny have been hanging on by their fingertips for some time. This one will disappear just like Yellowfeet and the other zoomers.

Stenny have been hanging on by their fingertips for some time. This one will disappear just like Yellowfeet and the other zoomers.
We haven't been remotely close to bottom or being relegated but aye our fingertips right enough.