COWDENBEATH 2021-22

He was on loan at Arbroath before, wasn't he? Don't think he played though and would be unlikely to get in the team ahead of Gaston. Would be a strange move for him.

Decent keeper though. Needs to be playing to improve though.

Yeah was on loan about 5 years ago but as you said never played. Just was linked with us by a Montrose fan, although I’ve not heard anything else about him coming. Backup keeper not an easy role to fill, most keepers that are happy to sit on the bench and take a wave will end up fucking it for you if they have to actually play

6 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Yeah was on loan about 5 years ago but as you said never played. Just was linked with us by a Montrose fan, although I’ve not heard anything else about him coming. Backup keeper not an easy role to fill, most keepers that are happy to sit on the bench and take a wave will end up fucking it for you if they have to actually play

Can understand the challenge of going to a top end Championship club and competing for the number 1 jersey but think it would take A LOT to move Gaston from the team.

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Cammy also runs his goalkeeping academy so will be busy with that. I would think it unlikely that he would want to travel so far for training and matches to be a back up, different if he had a chance to be number 1, just my opinion.

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

If the Blue Brazil had a vote for entry to the LL of the ugly sisters, which way would the club vote? Accept or reject 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I'd be interested to know our stance on this tbh,our opinion on it is relevant now

6 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

If the Blue Brazil had a vote for entry to the LL of the ugly sisters, which way would the club vote? Accept or reject 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Hopefully they would tell them to f**k off.

Cammy also runs his goalkeeping academy so will be busy with that. I would think it unlikely that he would want to travel so far for training and matches to be a back up, different if he had a chance to be number 1, just my opinion.

We train in Perth & half our team is from Edinburgh so the travel isn’t really a factor IMO. In fact, I’m sure he has worked with our own David Gold’s Gold & Gray academy before as well.

22 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

We train in Perth & half our team is from Edinburgh so the travel isn’t really a factor IMO. In fact, I’m sure he has worked with our own David Gold’s Gold & Gray academy before as well.

Thanks, thought you guys trained in Dundee, Perth is a bit closer to home. Still don’t see it when your goalie has signed a two year contract, but I’ve been wrong before. 😜

Edited by Cowdenleith

Thanks, thought you guys trained in Dundee, Perth is a bit closer to home. Still don’t see it when your goalie has signed a two year contract, but I’ve been wrong before. [emoji12]

Nah, with Swankie having retired Bobby Linn is the only member of our squad based north of Perth. Agree it would be a weird move for Gill at this stage of his career but got to latch onto any rumour at this stage [emoji23]

56 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Nah, with Swankie having retired Bobby Linn is the only member of our squad based north of Perth. Agree it would be a weird move for Gill at this stage of his career but got to latch onto any rumour at this stage emoji23.png

If it's not Arbroath, it'll be another club. Cammy won't be at Central Park next season. 

15 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

It’s a sad state of affairs when we are being trolled by a munter from fookin Bonnyrigg. I fondly remember the days when we were trolled by munters from Dundee , Dunfermline and Berwick. If you told the young uns these days, they wouldn’t believe it. 

This is where Bonnyrigg Rose belong to actually, sorry.

Just home from being at the ex players game. Good game good to see some old faces wearing the cowden kit again what a screamer from Lewis Coult get him signed up. Real sense of buzz around the ground for a club just relegated looking forward to next season. Well done nelly for putting on the event good turnout for it. Can someone post the amount raised.

45 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Just home from being at the ex players game. Good game good to see some old faces wearing the cowden kit again what a screamer from Lewis Coult get him signed up. Real sense of buzz around the ground for a club just relegated looking forward to next season. Well done nelly for putting on the event good turnout for it. Can someone post the amount raised.

It was a great afternoon. Shame about the rain now it’s bloody sunny!

Cracking goal by the Flamingo.

The donation bucket for entry took £855.

Would have also taken money from the programme and 50/50 as well as the bar.

Hazel’s food catering in the bar was the best we’ve had at a game in a long time.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

A fantastic afternoon. Thank you Nelly. Marvellous to see and meet many Cowden legends again . Lewis is still a ccmplete nutter. I hope his goal has been preserved by the PPV team for all posterity.

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I assume he meant it’s because he will get a club higher than the lowland league. 

Exactly this. He won't be playing in the Lowland League next season.

11 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

A fantastic afternoon. Thank you Nelly. Marvellous to see and meet many Cowden legends again . Lewis is still a ccmplete nutter. I hope his goal has been preserved by the PPV team for all posterity.

Will hopefully have some highlights in the next couple of days.