COWDENBEATH 2021-22

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Can you recommend it, looks a wee bit sketchy, I pass by it frequently and the doors are often open and never seems to be anyone in it? Has had a lick of paint recently right enough. 😉

Almost certain it will be the closest boozer to Edinburgh Uni’s wee ground at Peffermill, there are hardly any round there at all.

Nah it’s rough as f**k but right up my street. The Grey Horse is a good boozer and about equally as close. 

Seeing as we’re in the lowland league suppose we can chat about it, see that si ferrys stupid open goal fc are making some moves, ex cowden players gary fraser and kieran gibbons most recently through the door. Sooner we have everything in place the better so we can look at snapping players up before its too late.

On 18/05/2022 at 19:53, Muzza81 said:

Nah it’s rough as f**k but right up my street. The Grey Horse is a good boozer and about equally as close. 

I've lived near the Grey Horse for 40 years and never been in! 

and before yon bauchle @cowdenbeath says anything, naw, I don't owe anyone there a pint!

When are we going to get some news, anything really?

At least expected there would be some statement about the loan players returning to their clubs, or out of contract players who are definitely not returning.

Sort out the manager situation first I suppose, but get bloody moving with it. 🤨

From what ive seen of the league Darvel plays in, theirs a few decent young players like the owen bell boy at Cumnock & Munro who plays with Clydebank, if looking for young and hungry, i really do not know the plans in terms of signing, what is the pool we will be shopping in and who we can and cant get, where would the fans like to see players bought from, do you think we can get players who have plied their trade in the lowland league already this season and some leaving  a league 2 looking for a new challenge? , its gonna be interesting at least, do think we need a right mix of experience and young players, not just go into the league unorganised. 

8 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s been too late for several seasons. It’ll be even more difficult next season.

To be fair we were just relegated 6 days ago.

I suppose we couldn’t sign anyone before we knew what league we were going to be in, the same for players.

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

When are we going to get some news, anything really?

At least expected there would be some statement about the loan players returning to their clubs, or out of contract players who are definitely not returning.

Sort out the manager situation first I suppose, but get bloody moving with it. 🤨

No loan players have returned to their clubs and there are no out of contract players.  Most are still CFC players until 9 June (a few 31 May)

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Seeing as we’re in the lowland league suppose we can chat about it, see that si ferrys stupid open goal fc are making some moves, ex cowden players gary fraser and kieran gibbons most recently through the door. Sooner we have everything in place the better so we can look at snapping players up before its too late.

:lol: 

The club is working tirelessy behind the scenes and it has only been 6 days usually the manager would discuss with his players who he wants to keep etc etc that sometimes takes a couple of weeks and reflection. As CC says players contracts end in June so it may not be until then we get official word on whos leaving/staying etc. Although im sure 1 or 2 may be announced beforehand.

I know the club and manager will be working on getting new players in and this recruitment was already being done pre relegation. Patience is the key (not easy I know)

Finally and I make no apologies for posting again lol this Sunday we have the ex players game and fans game. I believe this game will 100% be streamed for fans who live outwith or cant make it. It will be on Youtube free with a link for a donation should you wish to do so. The link will likely be posted on Social Media today or tomorrow. Any help or donations you can make would be gratefully received. We are up to £2k already without the actual attendees and programmes etc etc so this money goes right to the club and strengthens our financial position for moving ahead. 

If you can make the game give the boys a decent reception some of these players could well do a job for us now!!

Cheers

mone the cowden

Thanks for the clarification Cowden Cowboy and Nelly1, think we are used to announcements often in advance of the official contract end dates, but do appreciate the need to be patient with all the work that is needed behind the scenes.